Clarke MacArthur suffers concussion in Training Camp scrimmage

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

Hit by Patrick Sieloff:

History from Wikipedia
On February 16, 2015, MacArthur collided with goalie Robin Lehner, resulting in both players being diagnosed with concussions.[17] On October 20, 2015, Senators general manager Brian Murray announced that MacArthur suffered another concussion during a game against the Columbus Blue Jackets on October 14 and that MacArthur would not be playing in the near future.[18] MacArthur would play only the first four games of the 2015-16 season due to his concussion, although he passed a "baseline test" and was announced to be "medically cleared to play" in late March 2016.

Scary.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I'd rather break a leg than get a concussion. stuff makes you suicidal. Hope this isn't the last of Mac. :(

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How on earth was MacArthur cleared for contact? That hit was neither dirty nor particularly hard. That was a hit that happens several times a game. The reaction by Neil is frankly embarrassing as a veteran and leader he should have pulled Sieloff aside, not targeted him.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
What the **** was that from Sieloff?? Blind side hit in a scrimmage game that was borderline boarding? Ridiculous. Unfortunately it is time to start thinking about retiring for MacArthur.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Why would Sieloff make such a dangerous hit in a training camp against his own teammate?

Very low IQ player, who plays on the line. This guy was part of a waste of a trade for Calgary 5 years ago. Feaster and co. loved this guy, so it should tell you more about the player.

Hate having this be the way that Calgary 'wins' a trade :shakehead. Best of luck and hopefully a speed recovery for Mac; I think his career's over, I think it's time to think about the rest of your life versus playing sports.

Suter to MacInnis

Mar 20, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
That didn't look very bad to me at all... I think if anybody should take heat from this its whoever cleared McArthur for contact. Kinda lame also that after the guy already gets jumped Neil goes after him.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
How on earth was MacArthur cleared for contact? That hit was neither dirty nor particularly hard. That was a hit that happens several times a game. The reaction by Neil is frankly embarrassing as a veteran and leader he should have pulled Sieloff aside, not targeted him.

The reaction was fine. Neil did the right thing in my opinion... The old school approach was awesome. I guess people don't like that anymore, though.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
What the **** was that from Sieloff?? Blind side hit in a scrimmage game that was borderline boarding? Ridiculous. Unfortunately it is time to start thinking about retiring for MacArthur.

Blindside & high hit from Sieloff. What a joke.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
My thoughts exactly. Hate to see Clarke go down, but that wasn't very hard and to see multiple guys go after another player in the same team was awkward.

SNES

Aug 7, 2012
Manotick
Poor Mac. However, if that hit ends his career, I doubt he would have lasted more than ten games regardless.

Suter to MacInnis

Mar 20, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
The reaction was fine. Neil did the right thing in my opinion... The old school approach was awesome. I guess people don't like that anymore, though.

People like it against the opposition and maybe even within your own squad behind closed doors but when your leadership group lets it get that out of hand during a practice session in front of live media that looks bad on Neil imo. Keep your cool, have words away from the glare. Even more so after the kid has already been jumped.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Targeting Sieloff so much that the team pulled Sieloff from the bench is the right thing? That is not an old school approach, that is nothing short of stupidity and poor leadership.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Lol at anyone saying that it was not dangerous. It was a blind side hit that would have been a game misconduct if it was an actual game.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That didn't look very bad to me at all... I think if anybody should take heat from this its whoever cleared McArthur for contact. Kinda lame also that after the guy already gets jumped Neil goes after him.

He was officially cleared for contact before the 2015-16 season ended, but the Sens wanted to play it safe and keep him off the ice for the last few games. So, he has been symptom free for around 5-6 months before this hit.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That was not blind side nora hit that would have resulted in a game misconduct. It probably wouldn't have even been a penalty.

It would absolutely have resulted in a penalty considering what has been called previously in the NHL.

Hits like that are called all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad