Confirmed with Link: Clarke MacArthur 2 yrs @ $3.25 per, NMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It's almost upsetting to read all the hate he was getting when he was first signed. Glad we finally lightened up, and saw that it's a good deal.

If Macarthur was the only move Murray had made after Alfie left fans would have a right to be upset.

As a complimentary piece it's a very nice signing.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I'm sorry, I'm a bit behind, just finished watching game 1, but I just wanted to say how impressed I was by MacArthur. After Andy and Karl he was easily our best player. He was great at both ends... I kept having to ask myself who's that #16... It was fitting that he set up the winner

I was pretty unimpressed with most of our forwards tonight, but this guy gave at least 2 alfies tonight.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
the beginning pages of this thread are gold.

I really can't blame anyone for having a negative opinion on this signing at the time. Looking back I was absolutely disgusted that the first news following the fact that Alfredsson was leaving was that Ottawa signed an ex-Leaf. As it turned out this was an amazing signing and I'll gladly eat crow.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
The thing that I love about him is that he gives 120% (compared to others on this team) every game despite how bad we have been playing. I don't know if people agree but I would't complain if he got an "A" on his chest next year. He fully deserves it.

He even had the balls to call out the team at one point.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Who knows, maybe Alfie's legacy is leaving and allowing Ottawa to sign his replacement for the next 5-7 years. A gritty heart and soul player who is fast, skilled and a 200ft. player. A young version of himself .

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Who knows, maybe Alfie's legacy is leaving and allowing Ottawa to sign his replacement for the next 5-7 years. A gritty heart and soul player who is fast, skilled and a 200ft. player. A young version of himself .

I would argue the high-end skill and vision isn't quite at the same level, but the heart and determination is there for sure.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I really can't blame anyone for having a negative opinion on this signing at the time. Looking back I was absolutely disgusted that the first news following the fact that Alfredsson was leaving was that Ottawa signed an ex-Leaf. As it turned out this was an amazing signing and I'll gladly eat crow.

lol, yep.

We need more guys like him who give that 100% effort and also have a decent skill level. Hopefully he keeps it up next season.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
i remember this pic

youre_10.jpg

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Aside from the negativity that was 100% brought on by Alfie leaving, bunch of posters gave excellent scouting reports on what MacArthur could offer like xspyrit, bankstreet, derriko etc...

Really great write up and you hit the nail on the head, we got Mac for his fast, chippy and offensive game. I think under MacLean we'll see a 20 goal 50 point guy who provides a lot of speed with great leadership and gritty game on our 2nd/3rd line.

And next year the cap will go him, so his contract won't even be that big of a deal. Definitely the best value signing of the off-season so far, imo.

I see him really excelling under MacLean. I think he can be a dark horse candidate for our top-line.

Yo who's this guy :sarcasm:

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
And I know I will be **** listed for the rest of my posting career, but I wouldn't be surprised if he out scores and out plays Alfie next year.

I know they are 12 years apart, but for next season only, I think hes not a bad replacement at all.

Oh yeah! Out played is definentely debatable, but at least I was half right haha.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I would argue the high-end skill and vision isn't quite at the same level, but the heart and determination is there for sure.

I've never seen Alfie make a between the leg pass.

I agree Alfie's vision was better. You won't see McArthur put up 50 assists. But the high end skill is very similar.both have similar stick handling and deking ability. Both would usually hit 20-25 goals. Alfie would just have 10-20 more assists.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I was glad to be wrong about this signing.

Give him the C (I'm not even joking).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad