Confirmed with Link: Clarke MacArthur 2 yrs @ $3.25 per, NMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
You're right, in the right system he's a great 3rd liner. He isn't a top 6 player on a good team, but a great 3rd liner. But for those of you thinking he'll pot 20-30 on the 3rd line, that's wishful thinking. It's about ice time, he won't score 20 playing with those guys with 3rd line mins and no PP time.

Zibby and Conacher are both pretty skilled, and are coming into their own. Paul Mac doesn't really do lines, he'll play whoever is playing well that game. The fourth line could get the most minutes of they're scoring.

I actually think most coaches work that was these days.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
The more I consider this, the more I like it. He is in a position to be a useful role player for us, as opposed to a primary producer of points. That could work out well.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
You're right, in the right system he's a great 3rd liner. He isn't a top 6 player on a good team, but a great 3rd liner. But for those of you thinking he'll pot 20-30 on the 3rd line, that's wishful thinking. It's about ice time, he won't score 20 playing with those guys with 3rd line mins and no PP time.

I would assume that a second line slot on the Senators is macarthur's spot to lose. If one of the young guys outplay him he'll slide down, but he's going to be pencilled in with a top 6 role.

We'll see what happens. There are two top 6 wing spots available, and at least 4 guys that want to play there.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
You guys are going to love him. Great cheap signing. He has offensive and a solid defensive player. He is a solid 3rd line player, an ok 2nd line play and can play on the top line as a fill in (just not for an extended period of time).

I would have preferred to have kept him as years at that price on free agency is a steal in my eyes. He will fit right in.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
- Excited to play for MacLean
- Excited to play for a Hockey Market
- 6-7 teams were interested in him.
- Wanted to join a play-off team after finally playing in the play-offs with the leafs.
- Hopes nobody think hes filling Alfie's shoes (joking)
- Played with Anderson, Phillips. Doesn't know anyone else too well.
- Learned a lot from the Leafs collapse.

**Kinda disappointed the Team didnt ask if there was any bad blood between him and Leafs management.**

It was pretty short, hes busy at a golf charity event.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
After hearing that interview, i am actually more excited to see him play for us for some reason.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
- Excited to play for MacLean
- Excited to play for a Hockey Market
- 6-7 teams were interested in him.
- Wanted to join a play-off team after finally playing in the play-offs with the leafs.
- Hopes nobody think hes filling Alfie's shoes (joking)
- Played with Anderson, Phillips. Doesn't know anyone else too well.
- Learned a lot from the Leafs collapse.

**Kinda disappointed the Team didnt ask if there was any bad blood between him and Leafs management.**

It was pretty short, hes busy at a gold charity event.

Thanks!!!

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Good point the Team brought out.

With this offseason we got much younger, much faster, and might possibly bring much more goals for this team.

Great offseason.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I won't say I was excited when I found out about him signing here but I can say I thought it was a good move

I'm not sure why everyone seems to think he's a third liner... Yeah his point production went down but Carlyle clearly didn't like him

We play a very different game than the Leafs so I have no qualms about him starting the year on the second line with Turris, it seems like a decent fit on paper

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I won't say I was excited when I found out about him signing here but I can say I thought it was a good move

I'm not sure why everyone seems to think he's a third liner... Yeah his point production went down but Carlyle clearly didn't like him

We play a very different game than the Leafs so I have no qualms about him starting the year on the second line with Turris, it seems like a decent fit on paper

This is how I feel.

If he doesn't work on the 2nd line, no reason why he can't be shuffled.

I think he's a better fit with the direction MacLean wants, and am excited to see what he can do under a more offensive/puck possession minded team.

Totally good with this! Plus, if he sucks, we aren't stuck with him for 7 years!

Also glad to hear him speak to the press!

TheOriginalSilf*

Read the first two or three pages of this thread and compare the initial reactions to how people generally feel about this signing within the past few days.

Complete 180. Shows just how ****ed off we were that morning. :laugh:

Kessely Snipes

Great White North
Oct 16, 2011
Regina, SK
I think you guys will like Mac, he can be a bit streaky, but is a really solid player. About once a season, he flips out on someone and fights haha.

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Read the first two or three pages of this thread and compare the initial reactions to how people generally feel about this signing within the past few days.

Complete 180. Shows just how ****ed off we were that morning. :laugh:

It's almost upsetting to read all the hate he was getting when he was first signed. Glad we finally lightened up, and saw that it's a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad