GWT: CL Quarterfinal Build-up and Leg One

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What did I just read? PSG's defensive line is bad? Oh my.

The quality of the player is huge and the only reason PSG's still in this is their D. Marquinhos/Kimpembe is a CB duo nobody in Paris would exchange for any current duo in any club.
Now talk about the fullbacks.

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
What did I just read? PSG's defensive line is bad? Oh my.

The quality of the player is huge and the only reason PSG's still in this is their D. Marquinhos/Kimpembe is a CB duo nobody in Paris would exchange for any current duo in any club.

Ramos - Varane is potentially better, but Ramos has missed time and Varane has played below his previous standards. Aren't PSG rumoured to after Ramos anyway?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ramos - Varane is potentially better, but Ramos has missed time and Varane has played below his previous standards. Aren't PSG rumoured to after Ramos anyway?
Potentially? They've been clearly worse though. As you said, Varane is playing badly for a while now.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Forgot to answer on the Ramos to PSG part.
I absolutely don't believe it. This is simply Ramos and his agent trying to get a better contract with Real. A well known ploy.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Which is weird to say too. Bernat is good and Florenzi as well.
Granted, Bernat has been injured and Kurzawa has been average. But that's FAR from a weak point.
In my opinion they have been pretty mediocre. Agree about the CBs though. Bayern is one of the few teams that can hurt them wide, but Lewandowski is going to be a big big miss.

might see Muller up front and Musiala at the 10. They do have some options. They are Bayern after all

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bernat is quality IMO. He has made some big strides since he first came to Paris. Florenzi is also quality, especially going forward. He's for instance superior to Pavard defensively (and offensively).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

My day started about 90 mins and I couldn’t be happier. Ramos out injured will miss lfc game. Salah sends his regards.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I think it’s just age catching up to him. But this might signal the end.

madrid to figure out their defence. Ramos aging and Varane needs a heart.

We definitely need to replace Ramos or at least groom someone to be able to replace him pretty soon.

Varane is fine. He is getting judged way too harshly based on hightlight worthy mistakes. He is not 2018 Varane, but he is still elite.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
We definitely need to replace Ramos or at least groom someone to be able to replace him pretty soon.

Varane is fine. He is getting judged way too harshly based on hightlight worthy mistakes. He is not 2018 Varane, but he is still elite.
He’s stil good but if I’m a madridista I’m concerned. Will he bounce back or will he continue to drop off? Something to think about for sure.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He’s stil good but if I’m a madridista I’m concerned. Will he bounce back or will he continue to drop off? Something to think about for sure.

Oh, that's a very valid point. I agree.

I just do not think the decline, outside of VERY glaring mistakes, have been that bad. But, at the same time, I am a huge Varane fan so my objectivity is not the best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad