GWT: CL Matchweek 1

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Man, I'm not watching the Genk game but how legit is this Erling Haaland? His goal scoring record domestically and at national level are out of this world for his age.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Last time Willian played this well, he also had no end result and we lost to Barcelona.

Maybe Valencia will also put it an 70 million offer that we will regrettably turn down.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Norway seems to be coming into a golden age in terms of their young players right now. Odegaard, Haaland, Berge, Evjen just off the top of my head.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
And Haaland was clever enough to take a “small” step first. He had offers from far bigger clubs than Salzburg.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
And Haaland was clever enough to take a “small” step first. He had offers from far bigger clubs than Salzburg.
More players need to do this. IMO it is never a bad idea to be the big fish in the small pond to discover your identity and confidence before making the big adjustment to a 'world class' league.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah. Norway has never had top end talent like this before. U-teams doing well almost all over.

Will obviously never win anything, but all going well that should be a more than decent National team some years from now.

Reactions: cgf

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
More players need to do this. IMO it is never a bad idea to be the big fish in the small pond to discover your identity and confidence before making the big adjustment to a 'world class' league.

Yeah. He wanted to be the main man. Because that is what he wants to be at a big club some day. Obviously helps when your father is a former PL professional.

I still think he is a couple of years off, but like Ødegaard he just suddenly seemed to take that next step. So who knows.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah. Norway has never had top end talent like this before. U-teams doing well almost all over.

Will obviously never win anything, but all going well that should be a more than decent National team some years from now.
I wouldn't say that. You don't need to have stars at every position to win trophies. To potentially have one of the best midfielders in the world (if not the best) in the future in Odegaard and another potential world class midfielder in Berge while Haaland, if he can deliver on what looks to be prodigious talent, leads the line...they would just need quality role players and good chemistry to win something. Very interesting to follow moving forward IMO.

Jan 3, 2012
how am i like the only person here watching BVB Barca? You're all watching pool take on some mid table italian side?

what has this forum become?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
how am i like the only person here watching BVB Barca? You're all watching pool take on some mid table italian side?

what has this forum become?
Liverpool/Napoli and Barcelona/BVB seems like a wash to me. Similar match-ups really.

Reactions: JBeast

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I wouldn't say that. You don't need to have stars at every position to win trophies. To potentially have one of the best midfielders in the world (if not the best) in the future in Odegaard and another potential world class midfielder in Berge while Haaland, if he can deliver on what looks to be prodigious talent, leads the line...they would just need quality role players and good chemistry to win something. Very interesting to follow moving forward IMO.

And Evjen, Ajer etc.

It is a bit unreal. Historically Norway would be lucky to have one talent as good as Ajer. Now he might be the 5-6th biggest. I admit I wasn’t sold on Ødegaard for a long time, but lately he has been sensational. First for the national team and now for his club team as well.

It never works out for all of them, but there are a lot of good players from 15-18 as well. With the right coach the team won’t be a joke any longer at least.

Reactions: cgf

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I know Matip has had a couple games but I can't wait until Gomez replaces him again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad