GWT: CL Matchweek 1

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think you get too many inconsistencies when you start picking and choosing which games count. I count everything that is a regular season game.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
EL group stages is practice for youth players usually though.
Not always and at least you have the guaranteed quality of European qualifiers for opponents which is a higher standard than a lot of PL snobs give it credit for (say relative to the bottom table teams of most top leagues).

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Well, this is the first time in a while that I wasn't going back and forth trying to watch 2 or 3 good games, I just ended up watching Dinamo.

They were good last season, choked away the CL in an unfortunate tie vs Basel, dominated the EL group and has multiple chances of knocking out Benfica before eventually losing in ET.

They only lost Sunjic (gone to Birmingham) and while it's a loss, Moro has grown so much over the last year, IMO he's the next big midfielder to come out of Croatia, world class potential and a player a manager like Pep would love.

I wish the FA would've moved sooner to get Olmo to get Croatian citizenship, but what's done is done, just glad he's here for another season.

If he was playing in Spain or England, he'd be worth 70-80 mil. Here, Dinamo will be lucky to get 40 for him.
Him and Moro are (IMO) the biggest talents to come out of Dinamo since Modric and Kovacic.

Most people still don't recognize Moro's potential (sometimes it's hard for TV commentators and casuals to appreciate a good midfielder).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Bahahahaha Zidane won't have a job for very long this time. This team is horrible.

He was an unprecedented genius to quit the team when he did and a fool to come back when he did. I get they drove a dumptruck full of cash up to his door and I'm sure he'll still manage to find a job after this, but from a career standpoint he really should've waited and taken a smaller team where almost anything would've been considered success.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Atalanta and Leverkusen showing these big leagues need an extra two spots in the CL :sarcasm:

In a non joking way only the EPL and La Liga have four quality sides in the competition, the likes of Atalanta, Leverkusen and in the past Schalke, Gladbach, Hoffenheim don’t bring much to the table

You clearly did not watch BMG teach Barca how to football.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad