GWT: CL Match Week 6

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They’d still go through if Ajax wasn’t screwed it was Chelsea that should have not made it.
Yes. You are right. I counted wrong. But they were pretty lucky in that Chelsea game as well. That was another weird one.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean. They are worse than the Spanish teams in Pot 2. They won a dysfunctional group but probably shouldn’t have even gone through if Ajax didn’t get screwed. Atalanta is in better league form. Lyon has better league position and a better goal differential with similar talent. Maybe they aren’t the worst, but they are the Pot 1 team that I would be least afraid of for sure
Dysfunctional group? Chelsea and Ajax are dysfunctional ?

No its Chelsea that shouldnt be in the knock out stages since it was their games that Ajax got robbed. 4 points from. Atalanta and Lyon bettter in form in their league means nothing. Valencia deserved to go through. I mean how can you even deny that when they had one loss.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yes. You are right. I counted wrong. But they were pretty lucky in that Chelsea game as well. That was another weird one.
Lucky? They played Chelsea off the park... Chelsea were lucky they didn't lose big. Since Valencia bottled sitter after sitter.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Dysfunctional group? Chelsea and Ajax are dysfunctional ?

No its Chelsea that shouldnt be in the knock out stages since it was their games that Ajax got robbed. 4 points from. Atalanta and Lyon bettter in form in their league means nothing. Valencia deserved to go through. I mean how can you even deny that when they had one loss.
Yes. Chelsea and Ajax are dysfunctional. Lille didn’t put up any resistance either. I’m not impressed by them at all. Would be glad to see them in round of 8 if both teams go through.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yes. Chelsea and Ajax are dysfunctional. Lille didn’t put up any resistance either. I’m not impressed by them at all. Would be glad to see them in round of 8 if both teams go through.
Ajax have ONE loss in their league and played well enough to go through. Should be on top actually. Chelsea is doing just fine in their league too. I'm honestly bewildered at the thought process here. Ajax/Chelsea are better than the likes of Atlanata and Lyon, Valencia who made it with one loss against Chelsea/Ajax are somehow worse than Lyon/Napoli? Exlpain

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ajax have ONE loss in their league and played well enough to go through. Should be on top actually. Chelsea is doing just fine in their league too. I'm honestly bewildered at the thought process here. Ajax/Chelsea are better than the likes of Atlanata and Lyon, Valencia who made it with one loss against Chelsea/Ajax are somehow worse than Lyon/Napoli? Exlpain
Just calling it like I see it. I could be wrong. Just don’t rate them. Ajax and Chelsea are both good but undergoing a lot of transition. Especially at the European level that matters. Atalanta/Lyon/Napoli are all in that same tier as Valencia. I don’t think any of them are outright better (or worse) but for different reasons.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Just calling it like I see it. I could be wrong. Just don’t rate them. Ajax and Chelsea are both good but undergoing a lot of transition. Especially at the European level that matters. Atalanta/Lyon/Napoli are all in that same tier as Valencia. I don’t think any of them are outright better (or worse) but for different reasons.
Well you're seeing it wrong. How's Ajax in transition given their performances this year?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I thought Ajax played quite well. I think Lyon is strong than those other teams and have the 'it' factor with Memphis in the form he's in but otherwise that group was pretty strong. Valencia is no slouch.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also...

71zrae4br8441.jpg

Highest rated players of the group stages. Damn, Davies. (Obligatory LOL WHOSCORED). Starter for Bayern at his age and from most accounts doing a fantastic job out of position.

For sure the guy is rapid:

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambo

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
In b4 "Luckypool" if they draw Atalanta or Lyon but no one says shit of Citeh gets the latter after yet another cupcake draw for them to begin with. Naw bruh... not legit unless you play Real or Dortmund off the bat since 15-1-0 isn't legit enough

Last edited:
Reactions: Machinehead

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
In b4 "Luckypool" if they draw Atalanta or Lyon but no one says **** of Citeh gets the latter after yet another cupcake draw for them to begin with. Naw bruh... not legit unless you play Real or Dortmund off the bat since 15-1-0 isn't legit enough

Liverpool could conceivably hammer all but one of the teams they could draw in the next round. Actually would feel bad for some of them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well you're seeing it wrong. How's Ajax in transition given their performances this year?
I think any team that finishes in the semifinals the year before and loses their best defender and best midfielder has a bit of transition. Doesn’t hurt them in the Dutch League, but that competition gets up leveled a bit and it effects things. They will be great in Europa league though.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Liverpool could conceivably hammer all but one of the teams they could draw in the next round. Actually would feel bad for some of them.
To be fair, if they're up to it, at Anfield, they could hammer all of the clubs they could face. Even if Atletico knows how to bunker and deny, that doesn't mean Liverpool couldn't do it.

It's weird, but the draw doesn't matter.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Alphonso Davies is legit next superstar. What a game by him. I never thought looking at him play that he would develop as a world class left back. With these type of performance he is making a strong case to relegate Alaba as a backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pouchkine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad