GWT: CL Match Week 4

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I thought an OG was only given when the shot wasn't already going on target? If so, the first Ajax goal shouldn't be an OG, even though it went in off Abraham.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Genk completely dominated in the half draw level off their first corner which came after their first attempt on goal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lol, Dortmund is the Ederson of clubs. What a mighty fall, but I saw it like ten years ago due to them being a feeder club which everyone keeps disagreeing with me for some odd reason.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Brutal officiating at the end of the half.

Ajax didn't have a ball to kick the corner, ref for some reason gets upset they're going to slow so he decides to blow for half 5 seconds early.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lyon will do well to hold onto Memphis past this summer, and I'd be shocked if a top, top club doesn't take a chance on him at this point.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Mount has done f*** all for weeks now. He was amazing at the start of the season.

Kovacic and Jorgi have been good. Tammy was unlucky at the front post; all season he has consistently cleared the ball from that position. Pulisic has seemed the only attacking threat.

We've been really good under Frank after halfs where we have played poorly. Expecting a good performance here.

I'd go with Reece in for Aponso.

I'd put James on for Alonso.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
IIRC United have a buyback clause for him. Not sure if it's an amount or a right of first refusal.
For some reason I thought that buyback clauses were illegal in France or something. I hope he doesn't go to United. Can't see him leaving Lyon for them in their current state.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Mount has done **** all for weeks now. He was amazing at the start of the season.

Kovacic and Jorgi have been good. Tammy was unlucky at the front post; all season he has consistently cleared the ball from that position. Pulisic has seemed the only attacking threat.

We've been really good under Frank after halfs where we have played poorly. Expecting a good performance here.

I'd go with Reece in for Aponso.

I'd put James on for Alonso.

Getting RLC back will be big to give someone to rotate in for Mount. RLC at full-strength is a better option too IMO.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
For some reason I thought that buyback clauses were illegal in France or something. I hope he doesn't go to United. Can't see him leaving Lyon for them in their current state.

Yea I'm not sure. A quick google search turns up results about it possibly being a right of first refusal (possibly at a set price) clause versus an actual buyback clause.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Meh, Liverpool wasn't that great either
No they weren’t clinical, and they lack a much needed killer instinct in general but they had 14 attempts at goal before Genk had their 1st.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No they weren’t clinical, and they lack a much needed killer instinct in general but they had 14 attempts at goal before Genk had their 1st.
Shots are 15 to 2 and 75% possession in favour of Liverpool. It was a pretty dominant half. They weren't clinical, as you said, as they could have easily scored at least 2 more if they'd been more composed, but it's funny how often it is that defending teams score on their only chances.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Shots are 15 to 2 and 75% possession in favour of Liverpool. It was a pretty dominant half. They weren't clinical, as you said, as they could have easily scored at least 2 more if they'd been more composed, but it's funny how often it is that defending teams score on their only chances.

Very few of those 15 shots were actually dangerous

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I'd buy a goalkeeper over any other player honestly.

Kepa out. He's nothing.

f*** I love Reece James.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad