Value of: Cirelli, Sergachev, and Cernak extensions

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Serg is gonna get paid the least.. both Cernak and Cirelli are beasts.
If we ignore age and potential and go purely with what they've done in the NHL then it's Cirelli > Sergachev > Cernak.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I see Sergachev at 3x4.5-4.75, Cirelli at 3x4 and Cernak at 3x2. Tampa gets their rfa's to buy in to the team's structure and philosophy 99% of the time, don't see these guys being much different. Don't see them wanting to sign an offer sheet to go to a worse spot either. Tampa already found replacements on offense for Killorn and Paquette with Coleman and Goodrow, which helps with the cap. Since no one knows where the cap will be next year, it's hard to say how much additional space that will add, but 84 million seems reasonable. Given past precedent in Tampa with their rfa's, I don't see any indication that these 3 will be much different. If Tampa has to lose one it's going to be Cernak, and likely only if JBB has a set up in place for an RD with term acquisition through either trade or FA. I personally don't see it though, as RD is not that deep for Tampa and unless they are making a big deal in the off-season for like Manson or another good RD with term, don't see either Serg or Cernak leaving. When Tampa signs them all to bridge deals it won't be that bad long term either, as over the next 2-3 years more of the ~5 million role player contracts can also be moved much easier and one has a solid chance of going to Seattle. Tampa will almost assuredly be letting Shattenkirk go, and probably Maroon as well which means not having to spend more cap there either. Coburn, despite the ntc, is another player I don't see on the team next year, freeing up more space one way or the other. In any case, things won't be easy but also not this impossible situation where Tampa is guaranteed to lose Serg or Cirelli. I've heard this song and dance for the last several years that Tampa can't keep this player or that, and they always find a way. Not going to start doubting them now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad