Recalled/Assigned: Chytil and Lindgren Recalled

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Maybe Staal can enjoy a nice rest?! Who am I kidding it’s gonna be Hajek. Even Skjei “deserves” to take a little time off.
Either way good for Lindgren. He’s been stellar with Hartford.

Reactions: nyr2k2

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
This will be to light a fire under Skjei. If Staal gets scratched, I'll burn one of my Rangers T-shirts. That will never happen

Reactions: lucky13

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
It's probably going to be Hajek. We rag on Skjei but Skjei-DeAngelo has easily been our best defensive pairing. Hajek-Trouba has been pretty lacking and most would point to Hajek as the reason why that pairing is not doing as well as it should.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Do we have an injury on defense? If not wheres Lindgren playing? Hopefully it means scratching staal but theyd never

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
my initial reaction is that I hope this is because chytil is ready to be called up and this isn't being done just cause mika is day 2 day.

its been almost a month so if he went down there, did what you asked and earned his way back then fantastic...but if this is just to make sure we don't accidentally give lias extra minutes tomorrow night and chytil will be out of a spot when mika gets back than not a fan of the timing lol

Reactions: jas and nyr2k2

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Lindgren provides a steadying hard nosed presence on the back-end. Both he and Hajek should have made the team to start the season.

I’ve said Lindgren is my favorite of Hajek/Rykov/Lindgren since last year. He may not have the offensive upside, but as you said, steadying and hard nosed. We have enough offensive minded guys with ADA/Fox, Trouba being able to produce and Skjei thinking he’s an offensive dman.

Obviously we’d all love to sit Staal, but it’ll probably be Libor.

Reactions: lucky13 and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I’ve said Lindgren is my favorite of Hajek/Rykov/Lindgren since last year. He may not have the offensive upside, but as you said, steadying and hard nosed. We have enough offensive minded guys with ADA/Fox, Trouba being able to produce and Skjei thinking he’s an offensive dman.

Obviously we’d all love to sit Staal, but it’ll probably be Libor.
Lindgren will have a good NHL career, even if it's not here. I'm still not 100% on what Hajek is. Rykov I like a lot but need to see him play in NA.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't really think Lindgren is that great at the NHL level but maybe a little fire and energy could help the team.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Hajek was struggling against the bruins I'd be surprised if it wasn't him. I like the call ups, hopefully Zibanajad is good to go.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Staal sitting would be the end of an era, but it is also the right thing to do.

Skjei sitting would be well-deserved. He has been the most disappointing player on the team this year imo.

Hajek sitting would get a tight-lipped grimace and a sigh from me. Not that he's been great, but he's done what is asked of him with some very nice plays and rookie mistakes mixed in.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
my initial reaction is that I hope this is because chytil is ready to be called up and this isn't being done just cause mika is day 2 day.

its been almost a month so if he went down there, did what you asked and earned his way back then fantastic...but if this is just to make sure we don't accidentally give lias extra minutes tomorrow night and chytil will be out of a spot when mika gets back than not a fan of the timing lol

I think it’s telling that the brass went to watch Hartford (read Chytil) prior to Zibanejad’s injury. Would he be recalled today if not for the injury? Unlikely, I’d expected him play there awhile longer, but I’m sure it was “understood” that if something like this happened Chytil would be called up.

Reactions: Leetch3

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Yay!
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad