Recalled/Assigned: Chytil and Lindgren Recalled

Linnarhult

May 6, 2006
Say what you will, but I think it was a real classy move by the team to play this bad, just so that they could get their friends back with the big club. That's some real camaraderie right there.

Reactions: jas

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'm almost never okay with having an unproven young player as a spare, but I'm actually okay with Lindgren doing it. He's a really good AHL defender. He has looked great. Not to say he can't learn anything in Hartford, and of course reps are important, but I think he would also benefit from practicing with the Rangers and getting occasional games. He was a mature prospect when we acquired him, and even more so now.

Reactions: bl02

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
I highly doubt this coach has the balls to bench Staal and put Lindgren in for him. My guess is he will sit Hajek further proving he's incompetent.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I highly doubt this coach has the balls to bench Staal and put Lindgren in for him. My guess is he will sit Hajek further proving he's incompetent.
It's not always up to the coach who gets to play. In theory, it is. But what we've observed with Staal, playing every night for the last half-decade of poor play, getting an A, etc., leads me to believe that it's an organizational belief that Staal should play. I think it's naive to believe that it's purely on Quinn.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Everyone here knows it's not Staal coming out. Hajek had his worst game of the year vs Boston mainly due to strength. Lindgren is up to see if he can do better. I still like Hajek a lot, I personally think he needs to be stronger.

Reactions: CasusBelli

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Will be interesting to see how both do. Chytil should be confident after tearing up the A. Lindgren adds good physicality but I worry about his first pass, he tends to default to throwing it off the glass to no one too much for my liking but maybe he’s improved.

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Staal has not been benched for his horrible and yet he deserves it since the AV days. I can see Rangers management put a case to have 18 retired. It would not surprise me. they love him. only over 120 games or to 1000 as a NYR player. ugh maybe they will scratch him after that lmfao wishful thinking. we are stuck with this AHL defenseman for a few more season too long. Rangers management is the reason Staal plays everygame. I am starting to believe he is dating someone in the organization. other teams would have scratched this guy already

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
There is no obvious player who would come out of the lineup on Tuesday to make room for Lindgren,

what-rangers-bringing-up-chytil-lindgren-ultimately-means

lol

really larry

take look where marc staal ranks in corsi and every other metric. its unbelievable.

CF / (CF + CA)
Above 50% means the team was controlling the
puck more often than not with this player on the
ice in this situation."

CF% 35.0

staalma01-2020.jpg

Unusual Suspect

Aug 22, 2005
Warren County, NJ
Whoever sits tonight... and it might still be Lindgren pending a practice or two... I expect him to stick, and also that there is going to be a regular rotation in-and-out of the lineup based on who's been playing worst in recent games. (I also expect Smith to remain at forward exclusively barring multiple injuries on D.) I don't want to see Hajek punished for one unusually rough game at this stage... so I'm down with either Skjei or Staal missing a night or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->