Recalled/Assigned: Chytil and Lindgren Recalled

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If you take out how underwhelming both Staal and Skjei performed this season, there’s nothing wrong (for his development) with letting a rookie sit out a game a take a breather and an opportunity to watch the game from up high.

My concern is the pairings. I will hate to see Staal on first pair with Trouba. Pretty much the same with Skjei but how likely is that Quinn puts Lindgren on the first pair? Not very.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I like hearing this

“You can go down there and get your points,” coach David Quinn said after a very vocal practice on Monday in Tarrytown. “If you look at the leading scorers in the American Hockey League over the last five or six years, you see a lot of the same names. Going down there and getting points doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to have a chance to get here and have success.

“So one of the things we like about what Fil has done, he’s gone down there and been productive offensively, but he’s also done the things that he needs to do to have success at this level.”

obviously we won't know if he's ready to handle the role in the NHL until he gets a chance, but fans got overexcited about the points when thats not why he was sent down. so quinn saying that he went down there and did the things they asked him to do is good to here. and good on fil for going down there, being motivated and taking care of business. hopefully this is his last stint down there...

https://nypost.com/2019/10/28/what-rangers-bringing-up-chytil-lindgren-ultimately-means/

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
if mika doesn't play do we finally get to see that kreider-chytil-kakko line that never really got a chance in preseasson?

Reactions: Kovalev27

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
christmas comes early if staal is scratched tomorrow.

Let him lead from the locker room and press box. I love the guy for everything he's done for the Rangers, but he's just no longer the player he once was. Give Lindgren a game or two and give Staal a rest.

Skjei has been pretty abysmal, too, really.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Despite CHI setting the precedent with sitting Seabrook, we all know it's really going to be Hajek that sits. Calling Chytil up was the obvious decision, but it's a bit unfortunate that he didn't get more time to keep building on a great start in HFD. Here's my guess at what we'll see assuming Fast is back:

Kreider-Strome-Fast
Panarin-Chytil-Buchnevich
Lemieux-Howden-Kakko
McKegg-Lias-Smith

Skjei-Deangelo
Staal-Fox
Lindgren-Trouba

It'll be Hajek even though Staal and Skjei have been worse.
I'm surprised you're even saying that about Skjei considering his CF%rel is +10.30 and xGF%rel is +9.35. I know he's made some obvious mistakes, but so has everyone else on the defense. Skjei-DeAngelo and Skjei-Fox have been two of our better pairings all season.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW I liked Lindgren's camp more than I liked Hajek's. He's smaller but he plays with snarl and he pisses opponents off. As far as two way game Hajek is a little better but I don't think we're really going to see a lot of offensive production from either. Lindgren is a real battler. His recall is very much about compete level--something that Quinn stressed after last night's game.

As for Chytil--it would probably be better if he were down in Hartford a month and a half or two but Zibanejad's injury last night kind of made it necessary to bring him up. He's got enough talent to at least play at a 2C level (whether he does or not). I don't hate Howden or Andersson at all but putting them in a 1C or 2C role at this point in time--they're not able or at least not nearly as able as Chytil.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Despite CHI setting the precedent with sitting Seabrook, we all know it's really going to be Hajek that sits. Calling Chytil up was the obvious decision, but it's a bit unfortunate that he didn't get more time to keep building on a great start in HFD. Here's my guess at what we'll see assuming Fast is back:

Kreider-Strome-Fast
Panarin-Chytil-Buchnevich
Lemieux-Howden-Kakko
McKegg-Lias-Smith

Skjei-Deangelo
Staal-Fox
Lindgren-Trouba

I'm surprised you're even saying that about Skjei considering his CF%rel is +10.30 and xGF%rel is +9.35. I know he's made some obvious mistakes, but so has everyone else on the defense. Skjei-DeAngelo and Skjei-Fox have been two of our better pairings all season.
I mean, somebody has to have good rel numbers.

Being relatively better than a 40% CF team doesn't mean you're playing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad