Rumor: Chychrun To LA for Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I actually like Peterson and think we can rehab him, he's just paid probably 50% more than he should be. Happy to take him if LA pays up.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
My guess:

Chych (50% retained)
Veggie

for

Clarke
Turcotte
2023 1st (T-10 protected)
2024 1st
Peterson

hard if true
I don’t see retention for 2.5 years. Prefer to take an expiring contract back contract. We’ll see.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
There’s no way a first is added to Clarke, right??

Clarke
1st
Peterson

Chychrun
Vejmelka

Is that it?

Clarke is likely the highest rated defensive prospect out there. This is absolute robbery by BA

BA found Vej for free. Turned him into a 1st round pick…. Going to miss Chychrun. He’s an excellent defensemen. Made of glass, but when he’s on, he’s on.

Clarke is in a Cooley class of prospects.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
We need to save retention slots for Ritchie and Ghost. And not have tied two up long term with Chick and Oliver.

Reactions: ck26

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Clarke is likely the highest rated defensive prospect out there. This is absolute robbery by BA.

Clarke is in a Cooley class of prospects.

Disagree, which is probably why he is plausibly in a trade.

Reactions: RollingCoyote

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
The only other d prospect I could think of is Jake Sanderson. What are your thoughts in Clarke? Who would you rather have?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The only other d prospect I could think of is Jake Sanderson. What are your thoughts in Clarke? Who would you rather have?

He has some skating concerns which might limit his total upside in the NHL. He is a bluechip, but I'd put guys like Nemec, Hughes, and Jiricek a tier ahead of him. Cooley has a good argument for being a 1st overall style of player. Clarke was the 4th D off the board in his draft.

I think the Kings want to get rid of that Peterson contract and cover their needs without taking from the NHL roster. They've seen Clarke's flaws. It makes him tradeable. He isn't unobtanium is all.

Reactions: Grimes

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
He has some skating concerns which might limit his total upside in the NHL. He is a bluechip, but I'd put guys like Nemec, Hughes, and Jiricek a tier ahead of him. Cooley has a good argument for being a 1st overall style of player. Clarke was the 4th D off the board in his draft.

I think the Kings want to get rid of that Peterson contract and cover their needs without taking from the NHL roster. They've seen Clarke's flaws. It makes him tradeable. He isn't unobtanium is all.
Fair enough. I know his skating is an issue, but his point production is pretty noticeable. He was slow in the wjc to.

Would you prefer Byfield to Clarke?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Sure, but he has more value, even with his injury. 6'5 1C potential players don't grow on trees. Teams are probably going to wait longer on guys after Tage Thompson's late breakout.

Clarke is the best prospect named in any proposal for Chychrun so far by the media, I'll give him that.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I’ve never agreed with Clarke being definitively untouchable. Teams get one untouchable, and it’s byfield. Clarke is fair game imo

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
I believe Clarke has the potential to be a PPG defenseman, his IQ allows him to be effective at both ends of the ice, especially in transition and powerplay. His skating may not be great but I'm confident that once he grows into his frame he will be the type of defenseman I'd rather pay 8+ mill too.
Clarke was my favourite D in his draft in terms of upside, I was praying he fell to 9th

Reactions: MIGs Dog

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We need to save retention slots for Ritchie and Ghost. And not have tied two up long term with Chick and Oliver.
A retained Ritchie gets us maybe a 3rd. That’s not critical. A retained ghost adds maybe a 3rd to the 2nd we were already gonna get? That’s okay too.

Yes. I won’t rate him that highly either. I’d have him behind Jiricek but ahead of Korchinski/Mateychuk last draft, as an example.

Fair enough. I know his skating is an issue, but his point production is pretty noticeable. He was slow in the wjc to.

I thought he took a REALLY bad rap in the WJC on this board. He was bad in the two games Canada was bad. And he was really good in the rest of the games. Just like Canada was.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Not trying to be that guy but I’ve never trusted Kypreos as a source.
Fair

Unfortunately he’s the only blue-check mark who has put out anything at this point. If nothing else its fun watching King fans freak out.

This is the only other somewhat credible rumour we have.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Anyone else think it might be Ingram being the goalie that's rumoured to be included?
Copley is playing well, Ingram is doing well as well. Might be a goalie swap with getting rid of Petterson as the main point.
Vej played last game and it wouldn't make the most sense to scratch one player and not the other. But having Ingram on the bench, Vej not getting pulled in a game he let 6 in...

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Anyone else think it might be Ingram being the goalie that's rumoured to be included?
Copley is playing well, Ingram is doing well as well. Might be a goalie swap with getting rid of Petterson as the main point.
Vej played last game and it wouldn't make the most sense to scratch one player and not the other. But having Ingram on the bench, Vej not getting pulled in a game he let 6 in...
Veggie played last night so i doubt it’s him. Maybe we are being used as a conduit to facilitate a Pederson for Demko deal. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00