Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
So apparently Lindholm couldn't agree with ANA about an extension so they're looking to move him (he's a LD). So maybe ANA trades Lindholm and then replaces him with Chych who is younger and better and cheaper.

Would LOVE Mason MacTavish if we could get him. Am probably dreaming but sometimes it's nice to not be chained to reality

Better? I don't think I'd say better, but we all have our opinions.

Lindholm will get dealt for sure, but I don't see the Yotes making a deal with Anaheim. I don't see Chychrun going anywhere until this summer and if he does, I still think L.A. is going to be the one to get him. I've been saying all along he shouldn't be dealt at all, but the longer this drags on I'm not so strong on that. Most of us are tired of hearing rumors with nothing happening, so imagine how tiring it is for him to hear the same things.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Florida got fleeced on the Chiarot deal. They'll say it's worth it if they win the Cup, but the alternate history of not making the trade will be unknown.
I was watching the game yesterday.Knight doesn't look very special.His SV% is about the same as Vejmelka (playing on a very good Florida team).It may be a good thing trade with Florida didn't happen

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I was watching the game yesterday.Knight doesn't look very special.His SV% is about the same as Vejmelka (playing on a very good Florida team).It may be a good thing trade with Florida didn't happen

He is still very young. I still remember one of his first (if not his first) appearance in the playoffs last season where he looked amazing. This is when Bob was impersonating Mike Smith. Now Bob looks like a top 8-12 goalie in the league and Knight looks like a trustable backup. Goalies man...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not a fan of Ryan Suzuki. Not at all like Nick Suzuki.
Agreed. Morrow is the only piece I consider, there. As far as supposed "top" prospects go (which is what all sources agree is the ask) I don't like Suzuki, I don't like Gunler, and Drury is getting long in the tooth for a "top" prospect. Nikishin in MAYBE in the mix for me. But I'm not sold on that. Russia feels further and further away from Arizona by the day. If they want our 23 year old 1st pairing defenseman with a sweetheart contract, I'm not going to accept that Scott Freaking Morrow is "Untouchable" - LOL. I like the kid obviously, but that's laughable.

Reactions: Nowotny

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
GMBA was a scout. His job entailed being personable, transparent, and accessible. I feel that is why he got the GM job. A players GM! Just saying that trading Chychrun isn't as dire as many think.

But realistically, if a team is looking for a top D on the left side, they won't find it through this draft! Having a hard time signing top free agents? GMBA is very accommodating. This will be a very interesting off-season for the Coyotes.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
If BA can’t find a deal for chychrun with these kinds of assets being thrown around this deadline will be a failure.

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Chychrun is worth more than twice as much as Hagel. That’s just a fact.

If Hagel is worth two 1sts than Chychrun is worth 4 1sts and anyone who disagrees is just wrong.

I wouldn’t trade Crouse for Hagel. And Chychrun is worth twice what Crouse is. Easily.
Hagel is worth that price to Tampa because they have their core locked up and they are playing at an elite level. Hagel also with 50% retention costs 750K which is also important to Tampa. Tampa is going for the 3 peat. I don't see any other team offering that package because all of those teams are not Tampa. Chychrun is worth 3 firsts but it is all relative to the team acquiring him and where they are at in their window. A team that is just entering their window is probably going to offer less than a team who is in the middle or at the end of the window and throws caution to the wind.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hagel is worth that price to Tampa because they have their core locked up and they are playing at an elite level. Hagel also with 50% retention costs 750K which is also important to Tampa. Tampa is going for the 3 peat. I don't see any other team offering that package because all of those teams are not Tampa. Chychrun is worth 3 firsts but it is all relative to the team acquiring him and where they are at in their window. A team that is just entering their window is probably going to offer less than a team who is in the middle or at the end of the window and throws caution to the wind.
Would Crouse have garnered a similar return?

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Would Crouse have garnered a similar return?
Maybe or maybe not. Biggest difference is that Hagel is signed for the next 3 years at 1.5 million and if Chicago retains even less than that. Hagel is also a RFA at the end of his contract so that probably ups his value. Also to consider Crouse is a RFA next year and could command a higher salary. Tampa probably wouldn't have paid that price for Crouse because he is not signed for 3 years at 1.5 million. They valued the 1.5 million for 3 years very highly.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
If BA can’t find a deal for chychrun with these kinds of assets being thrown around this deadline will be a failure.

Starting to feel this way too. Although it has to be with the right team. Speaking of how is TOR not all over this?
Chychrun + Wedgewood/Veggie for Knies + Sandin + 2022 1st + 2023 2nd + Mrazek

I think the ask from Carolina is Necas, Jarvis and a 1st.

That would be amazing.

Maybe or maybe not. Biggest difference is that Hagel is signed for the next 3 years at 1.5 million and if Chicago retains even less than that. Hagel is also a RFA at the end of his contract so that probably ups his value. Also to consider Crouse is a RFA next year and could command a higher salary. Tampa probably wouldn't have paid that price for Crouse because he is not signed for 3 years at 1.5 million. They valued the 1.5 million for 3 years very highly.

Great post. But also a huge reason why Chychrun's ask shouldn't be scuffed at by the media.

A month ago I couldn't even tell you which team Hagel is on. Wtf.

Same. No idea where he came from. Felt somewhat similar about Coleman (although that season I paid less attention to hockey than years and years before it) and Hagel went for nearly triple what Coleman went for. Yzerman leaves and TB seems to be making pretty foolish moves. Hagel should help a ton for a three-peat and that is probably all that matters, but Yzerman always did a great job balancing the checkbook, the prospect pool and the Cups.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Yeah, if Hagel is worth 2 1sts & Raddysh & Katchouk, then Chychrun is worth 4 1sts easy.

I wasn't surprised that Hagel was traded, I was surprised he went for so much...that is an absolute haul, for a 3rd line player.

Reactions: YotesFan47

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
If we’re now betting on an eastern contender pulling the trigger out of pressure that a non-playoff team would swoop in come the draft, I think the canes are the best fit.

A package around Necas would be great

rt

May 13, 2004
I think the ask from Carolina is Necas, Jarvis and a 1st.
That’s great value. And with the packages we’ve seen this week, I don’t doubt it’s possible. Buuuuut…isn’t that a lot of RWs? That puts Schmaltz, Necas, and Jarvis at RW for this season. Then we add Guenther. That’s a lot.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I keep forgetting Necas is only a year younger than Keller and Chychrun. Would love to get him but he is looking more and more like a middle 6 guy to me. I can't tell if it's due to lack of opportunity or what but Crouse has two more points than him in 3 more games this season. Not bashing Necas by any means, but it's easy to see the name and associate it to that amazing season he has last year and not see the whole development path that has happened.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
That’s great value. And with the packages we’ve seen this week, I don’t doubt it’s possible. Buuuuut…isn’t that a lot of RWs? That puts Schmaltz, Necas, and Jarvis at RW for this season. Then we add Guenther. That’s a lot.
Keller, Crouse, Maccelli, Ritchie

We're all full on the left side already.

rt

May 13, 2004
I keep forgetting Necas is only a year younger than Keller and Chychrun. Would love to get him but he is looking more and more like a middle 6 guy to me. I can't tell if it's due to lack of opportunity or what but Crouse has two more points than him in 3 more games this season. Not bashing Necas by any means, but it's easy to see the name and associate it to that amazing season he has last year and not see the whole development path that has happened.
I think we’d be more interested in prospects than in RFAs, at this point. Meanwhile, I suspect CAR wants to get that one last cheap year out of Necas this season.

Jarvis+Morrow+1st makes sense to me. If we can create a bidding war, and really ask for the moon, I’d love to see Koivunen or Nikishin added to that.

I think we could eat Cole for this year to make the cap work. And then also let them add Gardiner for relief next season when he’s off LTIR.

EDIT: Speaking of forgetting about ages - I keep forgetting that Ritchie is only Schmaltz's age. I always think he's like 2-3 years older than Schmaltz. He's not. And also, here's another wild one; Vilardi and Necas are the same age. Makes Vilardi a lot less appealing, doesn't it? Haha.

Last edited:

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Regarding whether Chychrun really is on the table or not, my suspicion is that Armstrong was entertaining offers earlier in the season as he was having a down season, so naturally other teams swoop in to try and acquire a depressed asset. Word gets out, every one knows he could fit on any team in the league with his age, contract, and ability, so multiple teams continue to throw offers. Armstrong can hide behind "we really don't want to trade him unless absolutely blown away" and it's true, but I'm sure he's hesitant to actually put up the closed for business sign as there are teams getting close to blowing him away, so it just has to be ridden out. Besides, so many teams have been rumored to be in on it here and there, and they are the ones who keep coming back to him, so at the very worst, he's using those opportunities to parley it into other offers based around other pieces. Lastly, it's probably a really good avenue for getting a read on other GMs and how they see their own team's forecast toward the future and their own valuations on personnel.

Anyway, I just don't think he's going to force the trade. After seeing some of the returns of these recent deals, it sure looks like the market is set high towards sellers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad