Chuck Kobasew - Waiver countdown, still nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Sid would make the worst GM in hockey. First Dupuis on his wing, now him putting in a good word about Kobasew. Are Glass and Adams Sid's training partners as well?

Haha.

There is a valuable lesson in all this. I will never again rationalize the signing of an old useless vet by saying that he's cheap and can be waived if he sucks, because he WILL NEVER BE WAIVED.

Fire Shero*

No guys, he was on the 1st line as a last-ditch effort to get something out of him. If he's bad against the Panthers, the organization will make a move. Stop overreacting.

Soooooo. He played like his usual self, horrible. But he's still here...

Fire Shero*

Haha.

There is a valuable lesson in all this. I will never again rationalize the signing of an old useless vet by saying that he's cheap and can be waived if he sucks, because he WILL NEVER BE WAIVED.

Amen

Come on man, he was a great signing. Low risk, potential to resurrect his career, league minimum. If he's bad he can always be waived...

I can't wait until this excuse is banned. These players never work out. There's a reason 29 other teams didn't make him an offer after the pens offered him him league minimum after a decent preseason.

These low risk crappy players are like herpes with Shero as GM, they never seem to go away and stick around for the entire season despite being worthless.

He's shown no signs of improvement. As usual, the pens will be his last stop in his nhl career.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
3rd or 4th liner, that's his job and that's the spot he won in camp. He shouldn't be put in a spot where you know he is going to fail. This one is on DB, there are other players that should be playing on Sid's line

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
3rd or 4th liner, that's his job and that's the spot he won in camp. He shouldn't be put in a spot where you know he is going to fail. This one is on DB, there are other players that should be playing on Sid's line

He won it in camp and then lost it multiple times. It's time he hit the waiver wire.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Yeah, all of the kids will be sent down first. At the end it will be a battle for the 12th spot between Kobasew & Conner. I think Kobasew gets an upper-hand there because Conner can be dumped down without clearing the waivers.

That how things have to operate in the NHL nowadays. If you've got guys on your roster that are waiver exempt (Megna, Gibbons, and Sill), you send them to the AHL if you need to clear roster space unless they've earned a permanent spot in your top 6.

I'd love to see them stay up and drop some dead weight, but an organization with no forward depth can't afford to lose any forwards - not even Kobasew - on waivers.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
That how things have to operate in the NHL nowadays. If you've got guys on your roster that are waiver exempt (Megna, Gibbons, and Sill), you send them to the AHL if you need to clear roster space unless they've earned a permanent spot in your top 6.

I'd love to see them stay up and drop some dead weight, but an organization with no forward depth can't afford to lose any forwards - not even Kobasew - on waivers.
What? Are you seriously saying that WE CAN´T AFFORD TO LOSE KOBASEW??? :cry: Just kick him to the moon and play Gibbons or Megna on his spot. Is it that big of a problem??

That will never happen, though. Kobasew will win every roster battle against them, even if he would be throwing real s*its on the ice. That´s how it works in our organization.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Pretty sure Sill is no longer waiver exempt ... could be wrong, though

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Amen

Come on man, he was a great signing. Low risk, potential to resurrect his career, league minimum. If he's bad he can always be waived...

I can't wait until this excuse is banned. These players never work out. There's a reason 29 other teams didn't make him an offer after the pens offered him him league minimum after a decent preseason.

These low risk crappy players are like herpes with Shero as GM, they never seem to go away and stick around for the entire season despite being worthless.

He's shown no signs of improvement. As usual, the pens will be his last stop in his nhl career.

That's because it's all the Pens can afford. And since their forward prospect pool is non-existent, it's not going to change anytime soon.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Pretty sure Sill is no longer waiver exempt ... could be wrong, though

According to CapGeek, he is exempt for another 32 NHL games or through the rest of the season.

http://www.capgeek.com/waiver-calculator/?player_id=2021&NHL_games=20&pro_games_radio=1&Calculate=

The key is that he was playing on an AHL-only deal in 2009-10 and 2010-11 before signing his first NHL deal prior to the 2011-12 season. Those first two seasons don't count against his waiver status because he didn't have an NHL contract.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
According to CapGeek, he is exempt for another 32 NHL games or through the rest of the season.

http://www.capgeek.com/waiver-calculator/?player_id=2021&NHL_games=20&pro_games_radio=1&Calculate=

The key is that he was playing on an AHL-only deal in 2009-10 and 2010-11 before signing his first NHL deal prior to the 2011-12 season. Those first two seasons don't count against his waiver status because he didn't have an NHL contract.

Funny, could have sworn this had come up and it was determined he wasn't exempt. Thanks for the correction and the link :)

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
For those people who hope that Kobasew will ever be waived by Shero.. He will play on our 1st line again tonight. His awful performance didn´t matter in his case, Megna is benched.

No accountability for awful vets, more love for them instead!!! OMFG, I just can´t with this organization anymore.. Kobasew´s presence here is making me lose my mind, I´m absolutely furious everytime I see the face of that loser. It´s so painful to watch his "hockey".

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
He won it in camp and then lost it multiple times. It's time he hit the waiver wire.

Like I said I don't think we can really blame Kobasew here. You can't expect these sort of players to just step up and start producing at a ppg. Kobasew belongs on the 3rd or 4th line, D'agostini didn't and that's why he got waived but that's my opinion. We'll see, maybe management does want a reason to flush him and is putting him there for that reason knowing he is going to fail

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Like I said I don't think we can really blame Kobasew here. You can't expect these sort of players to just step up and start producing at a ppg. Kobasew belongs on the 3rd or 4th line, D'agostini didn't and that's why he got waived but that's my opinion. We'll see, maybe management does want a reason to flush him and is putting him there for that reason knowing he is going to fail

Kobasew belongs on the waiver wire. He doesn't belong anywhere near a cup contending bottom 6. He provides nothing of value. He's not big, not particularly fast, not great hockey sense, doesn't hit much, doesn't produce much offense, mediocre defense, mediocre NHL hockey player.

Also, the last part doesn't make any sense. Why would any professional hockey team intentionally put a player in a position to fail just so they can prove to some mythical creature that the player deserved to be waived? If they want to waive him, they should waive him.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Yep, there is a difference. Kobasew has never been a healthy scratch for us... All of the games he´s missed were because of the injuries. We just can´t get rid of this garbage players :help: What´s more sad is that D´Agostini is actually better than Kobasew.. But Kobasew is older, so that works in his favor.

In no way did D'agostini outplay Kobasew, that's an absurd statement. D'agostini was completely invisible in every game he played outside of taking stupid penalties. (

Kobasew while mostly invisible still can get a takeaway, hit, and unlike D'ags he has scored. I'm not a huge fan of Kobasew's play either, but it hasn't been D'agostini bad.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I still haven't completely lost faith in Shero. I'm holding out some hope that he'll trim the fat before the trade deadline passes, be it in the form of a trade or waiving some guys. I think a lot of it will depend on how well BB does when he gets back, and possibly Gibbons. I'm hoping that Megna isn't playing because he's not fully recovered and not the alternative Bylsmalogic™.

Whew ... lot of hoping there

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I still haven't completely lost faith in Shero. I'm holding out some hope that he'll trim the fat before the trade deadline passes, be it in the form of a trade or waiving some guys. I think a lot of it will depend on how well BB does when he gets back, and possibly Gibbons. I'm hoping that Megna isn't playing because he's not fully recovered.

Whew ... lot of hoping there

Despres is in WBS already...

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
In no way did D'agostini outplay Kobasew, that's an absurd statement. D'agostini was completely invisible in every game he played outside of taking stupid penalties. (

Kobasew while mostly invisible still can get a takeaway, hit, and unlike D'ags he has scored. I'm not a huge fan of Kobasew's play either, but it hasn't been D'agostini bad.
Kobasew has zero points in his last 24 games in PIT. ZERO, NULL, NOTHING, NONE!! D´Agostini is bad but he´s playing at least average hockey in Buffalo now. I´m not advocating D´Ag, he deserved to be waived here, I´m just saying that Kobasew is even worse hockey player than D´Agostini.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Well, I think I´m gonna update this thread on a daily bases now, just for the ****ing sake. I´m checking those waivers lists every ****ing day with the hope of seeing Kobasew´s name there.

Stil nothing. Still a 1st liner. Zero points in last 25 games and counting :yo:

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Well, Chuck Kobasew was on Long Island tonight. He played a game there for a team called Pittsburgh Penguins. I can definitely say that he´s one of their most consistent players, you always know what to expect from him. It was a perfect example of how he plays a game, again. 26 in a row and counting. I think I miss Tangradi and Boychuk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad