Chuck Kobasew - Waiver countdown, still nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Pointless in 24 games in a row now. I just want to discuss this guy here. The main question is how long will it take to Ray Shero to put this loser on the waivers.. I´m checking waivers list everyday for 2 months now with the false hope of seeing Kobasew´s name there..

He´s just extremely awful. I almost can´t remember a worse player in Pens uniform ever.

a lil babby

Aug 19, 2011
he will be extended [bylsma smirk, we are family, shero = A zzero, fuuuuuuuu but a penguin saying it and all the other insanely good penguins memes] :win:

penguins2946*

He's not going to get waived. He's good enough for the 13th F, and is dirt cheap.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
He's not good at anything. Completely useless. He'll be here all season long. Perfect Bylsma player.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
He's not going to get waived. He's good enough for the 13th F, and is dirt cheap.
He´s not. He´s not an NHL material at all, let alone being at contender´s lineup. He´s cheap, but problem is that Bylsma will probably play him in the playoffs. He was the first option on Crosby´s wing yesterday, you can see that Bylsma respects him.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
No guys, he was on the 1st line as a last-ditch effort to get something out of him. If he's bad against the Panthers, the organization will make a move. Stop overreacting.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Koby will be waived after the Olympics. With the need to keep Engllend at forward to Keep Bortz as the 7th defenseman, there is no way Chuck stays with the team outside of a couple more lengthy injuries IMO.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
I bet Kobasew doesn't gets waived and I wouldn't be surprised that once the playoffs begin all of a sudden he starts showing up on the scoresheet.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Koby will be waived after the Olympics. With the need to keep Engllend at forward to Keep Bortz as the 7th defenseman, there is no way Chuck stays with the team outside of a couple more lengthy injuries IMO.
Shero will send Megna, Gibbons, Sill to the minors and there will be a spot for Kobasew then. It´s quite easy.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

This is wishful thinking. Engelland can be 8th dman, at least 2 of Megna/Gibbons/Sill sent back down, Ebbett back down. So with a full healthy current team we have:

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Pyatt-Sutter-Gibbons
Glass-Vitale-Adams
Kobe

And Kobasew will likely be in that 3rd line spot over Gibbons. Do you really believe Bylsma will keep Sill or Megna up over Kobasew? I just don't see it.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
This is wishful thinking. Engelland can be 8th dman, at least 2 of Megna/Gibbons/Sill sent back down, Ebbett back down. So with a full healthy current team we have:

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Pyatt-Sutter-Gibbons
Glass-Vitale-Adams
Kobe

And Kobasew will likely be in that 3rd line spot over Gibbons. Do you really believe Bylsma will keep Sill or Megna up over Kobasew? I just don't see it.

Don't forget Conner. He'll use his Bylsma-approved seniority card to bump Gibbons.

This team works like a REAL union.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex

He is terrible and we have other players who are capable of doing better, namely Megna and Gibbons.

Although D'Agostinki was waived I don't think Kobapoo will be.

Dragon Priest

Elvenlegions
Nov 8, 2007
Metalheaven
Unfortunately, I think he'll remain with the Penguins all-season. As others have said, youngsters like Sill, Megna, and Gibbons have all brought more to the table and been better than him. But he is a Bylsma type player and likely won't go anywhere. This is what worried me when the Penguins signed him - a hard working 4th liner with some minimal 3rd line upside has "Bylsma guy" written all over it.

At first, I thought when they signed him it was a decent move. I didn't mind it. Thought he would be a decent addition to the bottom six and provide some ability to chip in some goals here and there (given his history), especially since he was coming in for dirt cheap. Was even excited some when he scored a couple early on in the preseason and looked effective out there while he also played decent at the beginning of the regular season. Maybe a fresh start out of Colorado was going to do him some good.....But since, he has been a disappointment. What I can't understand is why the guy was on line 1 at practice and during last nights game? Goes from 3rd line, to 4th line, injured, back healthy but healthy scratched a few games (???), injured again, and first game back he gets to be on the 1st line?!?! Makes zero sense. Not only may he not have had the legs, but his skill set doesn't mesh.

I think his best days, in the NHL, are obviously behind him. I could see him getting an two-way/AHL deal with someone this off-season and being a decent injury callup/depth forward when needed. But as a regular, no thanks, not anymore.

Last edited:

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yes, but he was also a frequent healthy scratch IIRC
Yep, there is a difference. Kobasew has never been a healthy scratch for us... All of the games he´s missed were because of the injuries. We just can´t get rid of this garbage players :help: What´s more sad is that D´Agostini is actually better than Kobasew.. But Kobasew is older, so that works in his favor.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
You're going to find out the pecking order real quick when Ebbett is ready. I expect to see Kobe sit when he's back.

I believe the Org (and I) think this is the pecking order, in rough order

Gibbons/Conner/Pyatt: These guys all bring different things, but hopefully none of them are starters in the PO. We need a better Pyatt.
Ebbett: A poor man's Gibbons
Kobesew/Engo: our lowest acceptable level of forward, Engo sticks because he plays D

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Yens guys are forgetting Sill has already completed his ELC. The dude is a fourth year player, and eligible for waivers. No way he gets past a team like Calgary.

And I don't think Shero is dumb enough to put a useful guy like Sill on waivers.

Koby is done as a Penguin unless he gets hot soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad