GDT: Christmas Break OT Thread

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
My 23 year old daughter who lives back East surprised her father and I with a quick less than 24 hour visit that she miraculously pulled off due to the cooperation of both the Airline and Hockey Gods. She managed to get herself out to the West coast, after not getting off the ice until 2pm Christmas Eve day, to spend Christmas Eve with her father and then surprise me by showing up and spending Christmas Day with her Mom and then back to the airport to get back East to be back on the ice for 8:40 this morning. She is an amazing human being. It was pretty damn special and a total surprise. My heart is full and happy. I hope you all had wonderful Christmas' as well.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
So is the "bye week" still a thing for NHL teams or did they do away with that last season? I really can't remember if they had it but I know no team has had it this season.

It exists but to me it should have been one or the other. It’s pretty ridiculous that every other winter sport (both leagues which have much stronger PAs than the NHL does) plays on both major holidays but the NHL now doesn’t play on either one. I think they should have still played on the 26th. There’s no issue traveling the day of the game if you have to which teams always used to do

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
My 23 year old daughter who lives back East surprised her father and I with a quick less than 24 hour visit that she miraculously pulled off due to the cooperation of both the Airline and Hockey Gods. She managed to get herself out to the West coast, after not getting off the ice until 2pm Christmas Eve day, to spend Christmas Eve with her father and then surprise me by showing up and spending Christmas Day with her Mom and then back to the airport to get back East to be back on the ice for 8:40 this morning. She is an amazing human being. It was pretty damn special and a total surprise. My heart is full and happy. I hope you all had wonderful Christmas' as well.

Is she a pro hockey player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad