GDT: Christmas Break OT Thread

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
BestUnlinedGuineapig-small.gif

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Heading back to Ott today, was back down in NYC for the week with my gf and saw the Sens/Devils game. Probably watching the light show at Parliament for New Years Eve with my gf who is following me back on the 26th (she does schooling down here in NYC)

Happy holidays all!

#Melnykout

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I hope all of you in HF Land reconnect with something meaningful, whatever that means to you. Decorations, music, family, food, good wishes, or just plain time off. Christmas has intermixed with our Western culture for so long it's become a hybrid of both; it's now an excuse to bond with each other, to do nice things, to make peace, to be happy. There's an all-inclusive spirit this time of year that wraps itself around everyone, regardless of religious belief. Which I think is great. How many holidays are themed around being nice?

So in the spirit of nice-ness, I wish my fellow hockey fans peace, happiness, warm company in the present and warm memories of the past.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Working 10 hour shifts for the next 3 days, Thursday off, then another 10 on Friday. I work 12 hours on both NYE and NYD. Sbould be a good check at least.

Reactions: egelband

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Working 10 hour shifts for the next 3 days, Thursday off, then another 10 on Friday. I work 12 hours on both NYE and NYD. Sbould be a good check at least.

You rock man, what do you do?
Check back in with us on the daily GDT thread here and there and let us know how you're doing, alright?

Reactions: Saitama

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

12 hour midnights tonight and tomorrow and oh yeah I worked the previous two nights too. I’ve been somewhat lucky that in 16 years of shift work I’ve had Christmas off 8 times and this is only the 2nd time I’ve been on nights and first since 2005. It was easy getting Christmas off at my first job but tough now. I can only get it off if my rotation just happens to not work that day

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
You rock man, what do you do?
Check back in with us on the daily GDT thread here and there and let us know how you're doing, alright?
I work for an alarm company, supervising a full group of dispatchers, so we're 24 hours a day, 365 a year. Holdups, burglaries and fires don't seem to like taking days off!

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
12 hour midnights tonight and tomorrow and oh yeah I worked the previous two nights too. I’ve been somewhat lucky that in 16 years of shift work I’ve had Christmas off 8 times and this is only the 2nd time I’ve been on nights and first since 2005. It was easy getting Christmas off at my first job but tough now. I can only get it off if my rotation just happens to not work that day
Brutal why would you do that kinda work?

Reactions: dim jim

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
How come the NHL doesn't play on Christmas? The NBA does. The NFL occasionally does depending on the schedule

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
How come the NHL doesn't play on Christmas? The NBA does. The NFL occasionally does depending on the schedule

Maybe because they give a shit about their players and are gonna let them spend a few days with their families and not in pursuit of the almighty dollar?

Seriously I have no idea why but I've always like that they do it. Last Christmas game was played in 1971.

Remember when the NHL played games on Christmas Day?

Reactions: SvechNecas

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm going to watch Home Alone and listen to the local radio station that plays Christmas music starting the week of Thanksgiving as tomorrow is the last day before it's back to normal rotation.

Merry Christmas everyone.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

I for one am glad they don't. Some NBA coaches and players have been vocal against the Christmas day games as they've overdone it now with 5 instead of 2. I mean, does anyone really want to watch the Knicks?

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Merry Christmas all! Have a great one.

Please bring a cup to Canada any of you Canadian teams!

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Merry Xmas all.

NBA has Christmas.
NFL has American Thanksgiving.
NHL has New Years Day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad