Waived: Christian Wolanin (LD) & Jack Studnicka (RW) - Both Cleared

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Agreed. They are trying to sneak him through (like many other teams are trying to do with their players at this time....I do recall we managed to sneak Jacob Markstrom through quite a few years ago) though my guess is he gets picked up and we lose a decent player with a good salary....so we can have another ex Pittsburgh guy.

annnnnnd, nope !!!

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Agreed. They are trying to sneak him through (like many other teams are trying to do with their players at this time....I do recall we managed to sneak Jacob Markstrom through quite a few years ago) though my guess is he gets picked up and we lose a decent player with a good salary....so we can have another ex Pittsburgh guy.
No team is in right mind would claim Wolanin at this time if the season

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, to see what the actual roster is going to look like. Given all the shenanigans going on with recalling Podkolzin, Hirose...it's clear they want those ELCs and waiver exempt guys on the opening roster. For...some reason...

I refuse to believe that they're so blind as to not recognize that Wolanin is a viable NHL depth defenceman and earned it the most of the various guys in that battle.

Nice that these guys both cleared, so at least we didn't just lose them. But they really should be on the NHL roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad