Waived: Christian Wolanin (LD) & Jack Studnicka (RW) - Both Cleared

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Not sure what else they could have done to make the team in their respective roles. Bet they are not happy at all.

Reactions: calnuck

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Studnika I get. But what a waste of a trade.

Wolanin I’m not so sure. Clearly they expected or want something different than the game he plays.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
the hirose call up to me means nobody is going on ltir. it helps the team maximize ltir utilization with only poolman on ltir and is $12,500 better than wolanin. other than that though, is there any cap advantage to having hirose on the roster vs wolanin?

i think maybe they are just trying to sneak wolanin through to have more flexibility on call ups.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
i am too lazy to look it up, but this is almost certainly some cap shenanigans and probably not indicative of what their real opening day roster will be

Exactly. I’m not going to be bothered to figure out this one aspect that is only relevant for a few minutes tomorrow.

Reactions: Indiana

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Really disappointed they’re keeping Brisebois over Wolanin by the looks of it.

It’s keeping a safe, ineffective player over a guy who actually is effective but might not tick the ‘fundamentals’ boxes in the same way to a coach.
I wonder if this is a pattern we’ll see under Rick Tocchet/Adam Foote for the next couple of years.

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
After the season he had last year, I'd think some team would give Wolanin a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad