Traded Christian Wolanin (D)

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
If he clears waivers, I'm not sure that the Sens are really incentivized to send him to Belleville to work on his game. He's going to be a UFA this summer and I would have to imagine that both sides are pretty keen to go in different directions.

I don't know what's gained by having Wolanin play 20 games in the AHL. They might just park him on the taxi squad.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
If he clears waivers, I'm not sure that the Sens are really incentivized to send him to Belleville to work on his game. He's going to be a UFA this summer and I would have to imagine that both sides are pretty keen to go in different directions.

I don't know what's gained by having Wolanin play 20 games in the AHL. They might just park him on the taxi squad.
If they're not gonna play Wolanin then they better be playing Brannstrom in the NHL. If Brannstrom is up with the Sens that leaves a pretty big hole on the already atrocious B Sens defense. It'd be good to have Wolanin there so they're more competitive. Gives Wolanin an opportunity to get some good recent film teams can look at for his next contract.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site

He could rebuild his confidence, improve his game and his endurance under pressure while getting lots of minutes in Belleville. It's much better for him than being the 8th d-man.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
It's now Brannstrom's spot to reclaim after the TDL. Wolanin looked like Wideman lite, which is not a good thing. Perhaps he can go play more minutes in Belleville and work on whatever's holding him back (long layoff from competitive hockey definitely something contributing towards his current predicament).

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Clears as expected.
Grab stralman (guess he’s pretty bad now?)

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

When does he clear?

Ya, he cleared. That was predictable.

Now the Senators have options. Whether he goes to the taxi squad or the AHL, it can take some time to line up a trade. If its a trade, I see another Bishop/LaJoie type trade as a distinct possibility. That's what I was talking about with my previous posts.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
If they're not gonna play Wolanin then they better be playing Brannstrom in the NHL. If Brannstrom is up with the Sens that leaves a pretty big hole on the already atrocious B Sens defense. It'd be good to have Wolanin there so they're more competitive. Gives Wolanin an opportunity to get some good recent film teams can look at for his next contract.

Brannstrom isn't ready. He should finish the year in Belleville barring injury callups

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Are they going to send Wolanin to Belleville or were they just waiving him to the taxi squad hoping someone would grab him. I think all college kids should be taking notes on this.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Well that should reset CW’s value around here and dial down the top 4D noise. 31 GM’s just took a hard pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leaves34 and JD1

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Are they going to send Wolanin to Belleville or were they just waiving him to the taxi squad hoping someone would grab him. I think all college kids should be taking notes on this.

Gone to the taxi squad, Alsing sent to BSens

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This should make a couple of the Wolanin haters happy.

Were you aware that if you cleared waivers that 30 teams took a pass.. Garrioch made a point of making sure we knew that. To be fair maybe he just found that out. Certainly reads like a hatchet job to me. Especially ending it off with if Wolanin battles his way back to the NHL.. it won't be with the Senators.

Nicely done all around

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Were you aware that if you cleared waivers that 30 teams took a pass.. Garrioch made a point of making sure we knew that. To be fair maybe he just found that out. Certainly reads like a hatchet job to me. Especially ending it off with if Wolanin battles his way back to the NHL.. it won't be with the Senators.

Nicely done all around

Garrioch is Dorion's mouth piece.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

Nicely done all around

He said nothing but facts. If you’re mad at that, that’s on you.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Nicely done all around

Why do people without your view need to be haters? Seriously. Why?

Look, before this season started guys were posting lineups.

I kept raising the flag and asking about Zub
I thought Brannstrom would outplay Wolanin
I didn't think Wolanin had a future here
And i thought Wolanin and Brannstrom would both compete and lose out on ice time to Reilly

Fill your boots if you want to go look for all that.

Have you considered it's you? Maybe I'm not a hater. Maybe I just understand the game better than you and connect the dots better than you. I mean, at least consider it. Cause how i connected them appears correct.

I called Norris over Brown last fall. So I'm not angry about how it played out.

I called very very few guys playing 50 games, including Colin White, so I'm not angry that he missed some time at the beginning of the year

If you want to go way back, I called out Karlsson's future play being a risk so I'm not bitter about that either. Duchene better than Turris. Yep. Turris's play falling off. Yep. Norris having a lot of upside. Yep. DeMelo growing into a serviceable D man with opportunity. Yep. The SJ pick being high because of an implosion. Yep. Got all those too. Oh, and Zibanejad was my favourite player.

The funny thing about the Garrioch article is a few times in the past month or so he's mentioned fan pressure. In this pandemic it's coming from reading bulletin boards i suspect.

While you laugh at Garrioch for his Wolanin article, consider he might be reading this board and laughing back at you and some of his article content directed at what he reads here, which would include your view on Wolanin. Now that would be funny

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

And i thought Wolanin and Brannstrom would both compete and lose out on ice time to Reilly

Have you considered it's you? Maybe I'm not a hater. Maybe I just understand the game better than you and connect the dots better than you. I mean, at least consider it. Cause how i connected them appears correct.

I called very very few guys playing 50 games, including Colin White, so I'm not angry that he missed some time at the beginning of the year

If you want to go way back, I called out Karlsson's future play being a risk so I'm not bitter about that either. Duchene better than Turris. Yep. Turris's play falling off. Yep. Norris having a lot of upside. Yep. DeMelo growing into a serviceable D man with opportunity. Yep. The SJ pick being high because of an implosion. Yep. Got all those too. Oh, and Zibanejad was my favourite player.

The funny thing about the Garrioch article is a few times in the past month or so he's mentioned fan pressure. In this pandemic it's coming from reading bulletin boards i suspect.

While you laugh at Garrioch for his Wolanin article, consider he might be reading this board and laughing back at you and some of his article content directed at what he reads here, which would include your view on Wolanin. Now that would be funny

I got a couple things out of this.

1. One is a repeat item. How absolutely great you are.
2. That pandemic is definitely getting to people. The rest is a bunch of gobldy gook .. that tend towards reinforcing point 1. Common in your posts actually
Don't bother not interested in what you have to say

Reactions: BatherSeason

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

I guess some are still trying to discredit management and defend their own bold evaluation on the player.... I would have thought most would distance themselves after the entire league took a pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad