Player Discussion Christian Folin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I love that he get shots on net. And lets hit slapper go once in a while. I think he has top 4 potential.

I want our healthy top 6 to look like this:

Suter Spurgeon
Scandella Dumba
Brodin Folin

But they like Brodin on the right so IDK.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Folin

Does anybody prefer Folin to ... Leopold?

I've never found much fault with his game, and I like his size, mobility, and shot.

Leo is/was a special player, but I haven't really seen positives - he's been pretty invisible, which is great for a bottom pait guy, but I feel Folin has more to offer.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
10 points in 39 games this season.

I like his game and he doesn't give me panic attacks when he has the puck. Interested to see where he takes his game in the next few years, but should definitely be a solid bottom pairing defenseman.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
yeah it really sucks that he's a righty... A lot of his future prolly rides on whether or not Spurgio gets moved, unless we start trusting him on the left

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
It would be nice to give him a full year in Iowa next season without pissing him off to the point where he signs elsewhere. The more I think about it, I think Spurgeon is gone after his contract. We need to be able to slot Folin into the line-up right after Spurgeon is gone.

J22*

yeah it really sucks that he's a righty... A lot of his future prolly rides on whether or not Spurgio gets moved, unless we start trusting him on the left

I said the same exact thing last year, and the HF brain trust thought I was crazy. If Folin was left handed he would've played 60 games this year.

I thought right-handed defensemen were valued higher than left-handed?

There are a lot more left handed dmen than right handed. Value is obviously dependent on talent, but most teams are always looking for a quality righty. This is also the main reason why you will rarely find a RHD that has ever played the left side.

It would be nice to give him a full year in Iowa next season without pissing him off to the point where he signs elsewhere. The more I think about it, I think Spurgeon is gone after his contract. We need to be able to slot Folin into the line-up right after Spurgeon is gone.

Folin will still be an RFA after next year, so there shouldn't be any worry about him signing elsewhere.

I agree about Spurgeon, don't see him signing another contract with the Wild.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Unless it allows us to significantly upgrade another position, I'm not pushing Spurgeon off the team to make room for Folin.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Unless it allows us to significantly upgrade another position, I'm not pushing Spurgeon off the team to make room for Folin.

Well, it wouldn't be pushing, just a cap forced move. And, he could fetch a pretty good return in the form of a pick, or player. But, with the possibility of bringing stewart back (and dub obv), the org might feel Dumba can slot up to 2nd pairing and Folin can hold down the 3rd pairing.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well, it wouldn't be pushing, just a cap forced move. And, he could fetch a pretty good return in the form of a pick, or player. But, with the possibility of bringing stewart back (and dub obv), the org might feel Dumba can slot up to 2nd pairing and Folin can hold down the 3rd pairing.

Prosser is a righty on this team, and you want to get rid of Spurgeon for Folin?

Why the hell would we keep Prosser in that situation?

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
We're a cap team and need to create some space.

Spurgeon is at minimum going to be getting $4 mil per, but could get probably closer to $5 fairly easily. And I'm sorry, his game is good, but with the depth in d that we have now I'm not blown away by his contributions, especially when we start banding about $5 mil per year for that and have someone like Dumba.

Dumba is not a bottom pairing d. True, he needs to improve, especially in his own end, but he will and he needs to play to do so.

Suter-Brodin
Scandella-Dumba

And Folin can get his shot on the bottom pair. He's shown that he is responsible in his own end, brings a nice physical presence, which is one thing we need there, plus has an offensive upside - and he'd be cheap.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
When I first saw the numbers, I thought he was getting 2x1.75M. Glad he's not getting over 1M per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad