Player Discussion Christian Folin

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Minnesota Wild sign Christian Folin to Entry Level Contract

BREAKING: #mnwild signs free-agent D @ChristianFolin from UMass Lowell. Expected to meet team in Chicago. More coming wild.com
Folin will meet the team in Chicago. He is not playoff eligible #mnwild

Will update with more information as it becomes available.

Year | Team | GP | Goals | Assists | Points | PIM
2012-13 | UMass-Lowell | 38 | 6 | 15 | 21 | 24
2013-14 | UMass-Lowell | 41 | 6 | 14 | 20 | 31

Link to hfboards thread dedicated to discussion on him on the prospect board
Christian Folin could make instant impact as college free agent
In his two years at UMass-Lowell, Folin continued in his development in a big way, growing into a physical, mobile two-way defenseman capable of playing at the NHL level and possibly even excelling. His numbers took a dip this year as his defensive responsibility grew, but in two years, he's posted 40 points in 77 games for one of the best teams in college hockey over that span.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Boom!

Per Craig Custance, Christian Folin to the Wild!

Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 3m
Wild have agreed to terms with college UFA defenseman Christian Folin (UMass-Lowell). Was most coveted college UFA on the market.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I have followed this only as a recent story...don't know much about the kid. Projection?

From what I've read people were saying he would be similar to Danny Dekeyser.

They might have just been talking about his NHL readiness though.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So for the rest of the regular season (because I believe Folin is ineligible for the playoffs)...

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Folin
Scandella-Prosser/Blum

It'd be great to see Folin and Brodin blossom together :nod:

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Really excited we got him! this is how you build great teams, coming out on top in these situations.

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
@Russostrib: Fletcher on Folin:"Physically, you don’t normally have a young man coming out of college or jr that possess his physical attributes" #mnwild

@Russostrib: Folin will practice with #mnwild Wednesday in Chicago. Fletcher said it's up to the coaches whether he plays in any of final 6 gms

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Glad to see Fletcher finally winning a war over a free agent. Excited to see what he can do.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Glad to see Fletcher finally winning a war over a free agent. Excited to see what he can do.
I know to temper my expectations on NCAA free agents, but man is Fletcher a great GM. He sees a need. He goes and fills a need. It may or may not work out, but the man understands where the holes are in the organization.

Amazing the difference between DR Wild where years and years would pass with certain things being even partially addressed.

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
You mean the difference of trying to improve the team, and system depth, from numerous different sources vs trading picks for Chris Simon

Not sure I see the difference :sarcasm:

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Fantastic signing. Wild need a big right handed shot in the worst way. Big AND mobile too. Could be a great player. Should at least be pretty solid.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Man that really goes to show what the defensive core "could" be in 2-3 years if the 3 big D prospects pan out.

Suter-Dumba
Brodin-Folin
Scandella-Olofsson

Gorgeous.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Man that really goes to show what the defensive core "could" be in 2-3 years if the 3 big D prospects pan out.

Suter-Dumba
Brodin-Folin
Scandella-Olofsson

Gorgeous.

The funniest part - to me at least - is that for a while we hardly had any Swedes in the whole system and now it seems like we're trying to build our entire defensive corps with Tre Kronor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad