Confirmed with Link: Christian Ehrhoff signs with Penguins (1 Year/$4 Million)

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah as long as forward group can complete passes, win wall battles and go to the net, our defense can more than make up for any lack of skill up front. At least in the regular season. And that seemed to be alot of what MJ was coaching. We could have several guys with over ten goals each.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
[GV][/GV]
Cool thanks for sharing. The great thing for us is that he is going to be on the second pairing so we don't have to worry about the QoC issue. He can dominate possession on the 2nd pairing all he wants. Just need to get rid of Scuds, sorry dude, and our defense will be awesome possession wise:

Martin-Letang
Maatta-Ehrhoff
Despres-Bortuzzo

Damn that looks good. Obviously the top 6 forwards leave a lot to be desired, but this team shouldn't be spending much time in their own zone with a defense like that.

What? No Orpik, Nisky, Scuderi? We are playing Despres? What planet is this? Next you will be saying we will be playing our young guys like we should be. Gladams won't stand for this!

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
for several years now this teams defense has looked good/great on paper.

i recall several threads on the main boards asking if the pens d corps was among the best in the league.

the actual result have consistently been underwhelming.

the problem has never been about the personnel, its much more about their usage/system.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
for several years now this teams defense has looked good/great on paper.

i recall several threads on the main boards asking if the pens d corps was among the best in the league.

the actual result have consistently been underwhelming.

the problem has never been about the personnel, its much more about their usage/system.

Well that will change now. This personnel is better than the last few years because the types of dmen match the type of game we want to play. Outside of Scuds, there isn't a guy who doesn't complement the system well.

Ehrhoff is also really good. We now have 3 guys who could be a #1dman on at least a few teams.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Well that will change now. This personnel is better than the last few years because the types of dmen match the type of game we want to play. Outside of Scuds, there isn't a guy who doesn't complement the system well.

Ehrhoff is also really good. We now have 3 guys who could be a #1dman on at least a few teams.

Yea and two of them will go to free agency :help:

But scuderi i expect to play as our 5th or 6th defensemen. He will probably not sit in the press box but I don't think he will hit the top 4 without injuries

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Yea and two of them will go to free agency :help:

But scuderi i expect to play as our 5th or 6th defensemen. He will probably not sit in the press box but I don't think he will hit the top 4 without injuries

Just about every source out there says Ehrhoff will be extended, and if Maatta and Despres can step up Martin will be potentially shopped.

penguins2946*

My only issue with extending Ehrhoff is what purpose does Pouliot serve if Ehrhoff is on the roster? I'm not saying that you don't extend a top pair D because you have a similar prospect in the system, I'm just pointing that out. If we could get Ehrhoff for like 3 or 4 years at $4-5 million, I'd jump on that. If we re-sign him and move Martin for a top-6 upgrade (3 way deal with Detroit and Ottawa with Ryan or MacArthur involved?), then I'll be happy.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Just about every source out there says Ehrhoff will be extended, and if Maatta and Despres can step up Martin will be potentially shopped.

Sources say lots of stuff.

If Ehrhoff takes a discount we should keep him. If he commands more than orpik even though he is better we can show him the door

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Sources say lots of stuff.

If Ehrhoff takes a discount we should keep him. If he commands more than orpik even though he is better we can show him the door

Ehrhoff can command whatever he wants. Him and Brooks are two terrible people to compare.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
My only issue with extending Ehrhoff is what purpose does Pouliot serve if Ehrhoff is on the roster? I'm not saying that you don't extend a top pair D because you have a similar prospect in the system, I'm just pointing that out. If we could get Ehrhoff for like 3 or 4 years at $4-5 million, I'd jump on that. If we re-sign him and move Martin for a top-6 upgrade (3 way deal with Detroit and Ottawa with Ryan or MacArthur involved?), then I'll be happy.

Ehrhoff is your vet when Martin leaves and Letang gets traded. :naughty:

2016: Pouliot, Ehrhoff, Derpy, Dumoulin, Bortuzzo, Harrington

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
I'm assuming Derpy is Daypray. And where's Maatta?

Whoops. And yes, Derpy is Daypray. No one can tell me he's not Derpy. Maatta gives even more "bust cushioning" in case someone doesn't pan out.

Maatta, Pouliot, Ehrhoff, Derpy, Bortuzzo, Dumoulin/Harrington.

See, we only had to let Orpik and Niskanen go, dump/leave in woods Scuderi, and trade Letang to have enough room for most of the young defensemen that Shero acquired like a ten year old nabbing Pokemon cards cira 1999.

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Whoops. And yes, Derpy is Daypray. No one can tell me he's not Derpy. Maatta gives even more "bust cushioning" in case someone doesn't pan out.

Maatta, Pouliot, Ehrhoff, Derpy, Bortuzzo, Dumoulin/Harrington.

See, we only had to let Orpik and Niskanen go, dump/leave in woods Scuderi, and trade Letang to have enough room for most of the young defensemen that Shero acquired like a ten year old nabbing Pokemon cards cira 1999.

If you trade Letang your only RHD is Bort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad