Player Discussion Chris Wagner

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I didn't think Wags looked bad and I thought he put in the most effort from the 4th line which is why he played at the end of the game.

He had a few decent chances plus the PK and was solid along the boards.

Hopefully Bruce keeps him in the line up and he builds off last night.

If anything, I think Fredric hurt that line last night because he muffed 2 Kuraly passes that were perfect and then just stood there trying to figure out what to do next.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
I didn't think Wags looked bad and I thought he put in the most effort from the 4th line which is why he played at the end of the game.

He had a few decent chances plus the PK and was solid along the boards.

Hopefully Bruce keeps him in the line up and he builds off last night.

If anything, I think Fredric hurt that line last night because he muffed 2 Kuraly passes that were perfect and then just stood there trying to figure out what to do next.

This is spot on. At what point in the 1st, the puck was in the Bruins D zone and someone rimmed it around the boards to Frederic, who was standing just inside the blueline. Whoever made the pass didn't get enough on it. Rather than skate to the puck, Frederic just stood there and a Flyer pounced on it. Nothing ever came of it, but plays like that are really frustrating to watch. I feel like he doesn't think the game fast enough yet. Too much standing around

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This is spot on. At what point in the 1st, the puck was in the Bruins D zone and someone rimmed it around the boards to Frederic, who was standing just inside the blueline. Whoever made the pass didn't get enough on it. Rather than skate to the puck, Frederic just stood there and a Flyer pounced on it. Nothing ever came of it, but plays like that are really frustrating to watch. I feel like he doesn't think the game fast enough yet. Too much standing around
Shit like that infuriates me. I hate lazy play that leads to an opportunity on the other end. I tend not to vocalize my irritation here but that is because I will absolutely rip into the player and go just a smidge overboard.

Wags may not be playing well this season but I never question his effort. Sometimes I think he cares a little too much and it bites him in the ass

Reactions: StrBender

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
nice guy, strong ethic, but it's been time to move on from Thornton Lite for over a year. the "eye test" is a total fail of late, and the results are unacceptable and have been for far too long. he is not roster-ready.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Happy 30th Birthday Wags!

Have a wonderful birthday, Wagners
6an36e6p22j61.png

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Wags had an up and down season no doubt.

But credit where credit is due, he brought the body in the Caps series. Laid some heavy heavy hits on a team that was supposed to run us out of our and their buildings.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Wags had an up and down season no doubt.

But credit where credit is due, he brought the body in the Caps series. Laid some heavy heavy hits on a team that was supposed to run us out of our and their buildings.
thought games 4 and 5 were his best, am on the record saying I would have welcomed a Khulman sighting before that which just shows how great of a coach I`d make:shakehead

Reactions: hrdpuk

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
thought games 4 and 5 were his best, am on the record saying I would have welcomed a Khulman sighting before that which just shows how great of a coach I`d make:shakehead
I mean you werent wrong in wanting to see a change before games 4-5 in the last series.

The fourth line was an absolute liability prior to that. Im not gonna keep *****ing about this cause Ive done it enough. But they were. Wags wasnt getting there. Lazar was sort of a ghost and Kuralys only plus was his faceoff ability.

Games 4-5 that changed.

Credit where credit is due. They did exactly what you expect them to do as a fourth line. Eat up minutes responsibly. Keep it clean and simple. And maybe even get some energy shifts in the offensive end. I hope we see more of this next round against the Isles fourth line. Cause I remember the last few games against them at the end of the season I thought the Bs fourth line outplayed theirs. And theirs is one of the best in the league IMO.

Oh. And happy birthday to the Mayor!

Last edited:

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Both him and Kuraly got into a decent rhythm end of the Caps series. This series it’s back to regular season. Trying to make plays at the blue line and mishandling the puck when you should be a line that dumps it in and forecheck.

Reactions: JCRO

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Worst player in the playoffs by a wide margin. Should have cost us a goal earlier when he collided with Lauzen. Of course that one was his fault.

Bruce doesn't hold guys like this accountable though.

bruce healthy scratched Wagner for weeks this season

I think he has been holding guys accountable a lot this season our forward depth just sucks

besides Kuhlman we have absolutely no one else that should even be considered to play a playoff game over our current top 12 forwards

Last edited:
Reactions: The National

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Worst player in the playoffs by a wide margin. Should have cost us a goal earlier when he collided with Lauzen. Of course that one was his fault.

Bruce doesn't hold guys like this accountable though.
Yeah I fully expect to see him back in just because they won.

I will be shocked if there are any lineup changes to the offense.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
What is the point of this player?

I get Debrusk is an easy target, but sitting JDB and letting Wagner give you 9 minutes of nothing yet again is just stupid stupid stupid.

Should've moved Debrusk down with Lazar and Kuraly and scratched Wagner for Kuhlman.

Better be bought out after the season. He's just horrendous.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
What is the point of this player?

I get Debrusk is an easy target, but sitting JDB and letting Wagner give you 9 minutes of nothing yet again is just stupid stupid stupid.

Should've moved Debrusk down with Lazar and Kuraly and scratched Wagner for Kuhlman.

Better be bought out after the season. He's just horrendous.
Bought out or buried works for me.

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
I swear the opposing team scores every time he’s on the PK. Gives them way too much time and space. Makes no effort to close in on the puck carrier. Brutal player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad