Player Discussion Chris Wagner

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
This guy plays the game like a Boston Bruin. I love his intensity and his willingness to sacrifice his body for the team and the city. The hits he threw yesterday even had Eddie and Doc raving about him. To bring the physicality and fight he does for his size is so fun to watch.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This guy plays the game like a Boston Bruin. I love his intensity and his willingness to sacrifice his body for the team and the city. The hits he threw yesterday even had Eddie and Doc raving about him. To bring the physicality and fight he does for his size is so fun to watch.

he played, by far, his most complete game yesterday in a Bruins jersey

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
He is a physical presence on the forward line,something Bruins have very little of,Have absolutely know issues with him playing on the forth line regularly.

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Kuraly and Wagner make for a very good fourth line pair. Really love rooting for both; just honest 100% effort every shift. Physical.

Nordstrom is a fine complement, but think he might add more value on the third line given the options available on this roster. I'd love to see them try Blidh or Fitzgerald as the other 4W.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kuraly and Wagner make for a very good fourth line pair. Really love rooting for both; just honest 100% effort every shift. Physical.

Nordstrom is a fine complement, but think he might add more value on the third line given the options available on this roster. I'd love to see them try Blidh or Fitzgerald as the other 4W.

A line of Wagner-Kuraly-Blidh would be absolutely infuriating to play against lol. Really would like to see that. I like Blidh a lot as far as a 4th liner goes. Plays on the edge, pisses ppl off, not a black hole on offense....put that with the sandpaper the other two bring plz

Reactions: Flannelman

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This was my target this off season

Didn’t realize he had as much offensive ability as shown

Great Bruins

Only downside is he upset Leafs fans with his beautiful clean hit in Riley

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins’ Chris Wagner Salutes Late Grandfather In Emotional Game Vs. Sabres

Saturday night’s game was an emotional one for Chris Wagner.The Boston winger had a goal disallowed before scoring the Bruins’ first goal in their 2-1 victory over the Buffalo Sabres at TD Garden. What fans didn’t know, however, was that the Walpole, Mass. native was skating with a lot on his mind. He revealed after the game his grandfather passed away Friday.Wagner spoke about him after the game and credited his grandfather for his strong performance to the Boston Sports Journal’s Conor Ryan.

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
It seems like the adjustment for Wags has been made and he's settled in. I will say when he doesn't have to crush everyone he hits he has some pretty good offensive skills.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Happy hes bringing it... still dont want him in our starting lineup when healthy

I want our top line... 3 spots
Wagner doesnt play with krejci so thats 6 spots

I want backes ahead of wagner... maybe with kuraly/nordstrom? Leaving just 3 spots

I want a kid line

Dont want wagner taking icetime from heinen/donato/bjork/federic/jfk

I like him as our 13th forward... but i think thats where hes at

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Happy hes bringing it... still dont want him in our starting lineup when healthy

I want backes ahead of wagner... maybe with kuraly/nordstrom? Leaving just 3 spots

I want a kid line

Makes absolutely no sense at all but thanks for chiming in.

Reactions: Bun Cook

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Makes absolutely no sense at all but thanks for chiming in.

They dress 18 skaters for a game. 12 forwards. 6 dmen. If all 12 spots are filled with other players then you end up in the pressbox

Welcome aboard. You will pick this up in no time and if anything else is confusing just ask. We all had to learn it sometime

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
'Dont want wagner taking icetime from heinen/donato/bjork/federic/jfk"

Wagner should be on the ice instead of all of these guys, the most physical Bruin up front why by a long shot. This game is physical, you might not have noticed that, but watch, you'll catch on.

Reactions: Bun Cook

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton

I want a kid line

Think you're on a ship all your own in regards to Wagner. Guy is perfect for the 4th line and have no problem with him taking ice time from anyone not glued to the top 2 lines. Dude brings it every night. The kids should be taking notes on how Wagner plays the game.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
'Dont want wagner taking icetime from heinen/donato/bjork/federic/jfk"

Wagner should be on the ice instead of all of these guys, the most physical Bruin up front why by a long shot. This game is physical, you might not have noticed that, but watch, you'll catch on.

I dont want to be on the train slagging bruin players... but lets be realistic

Hes 27 turning 28. Guys like this are gone by 30

He has 22 goals in 213 career games... 37 points

Stats dont always tell the whole story. Hes been on 4 teams in 5 years.

Hes a plug. If you got a hole in your lineup... you plug him in. He plays with energy

When you got someone better, you replace him and let him go. Some fans miss him because he did play with energy

He might have a couple good games... but if he had them regular he wouldnt be on a new team every year. His career stats wouldnt suck

Hes a good 13th forward plug

Hopefully we will get healthy enough we can ice a lineup with 12 better hockey players soon

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I want a kid line

Um no

He needs to be in every game

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Um no

He needs to be in every game

You might remrmber i grabbed him in our sim league. Im not a hater. If he performs and his ratings go up i win

If anyone should be pulling for him and cave its me. I got cave too...

But realistically teams dont win with these guys in your lineup every day

We want bergeron/pastnak/marchand. So lets all agree they dont sit for wagner

Then we want krejci/debrusk/schenn right? Dont tell me you are sitting one of them

Now you are an even bigger fan of the kids than i am. Are you sitting any of heinen, donato, jfk? And if so does wagner fit here? Is he first to draw in ahead of bjork or federic? We want seconary scoring and we want development. Does wagner give us this?

So now we have 3 spots on our 'grit' line... if he plays this is where he plays

As a right shot... does he replace backes?
Or is he the center in place of kuraly?

Really?

So one spot left... lw... is he there instead of nordstrom?

Honestly... i wouldnt lose sleep. I like both players. I got wagner on my sim. If wagner ends up playing i won't scream and shout or let it all out

My betting money says hes our 13th forward if we get healthy... cave our 14th... and accari will see if he can clear waivers or not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad