Player Discussion Chris Wagner

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You might remrmber i grabbed him in our sim league. Im not a hater. If he performs and his ratings go up i win

If anyone should be pulling for him and cave its me. I got cave too...

But realistically teams dont win with these guys in your lineup every day

We want bergeron/pastnak/marchand. So lets all agree they dont sit for wagner

Then we want krejci/debrusk/schenn right? Dont tell me you are sitting one of them

Now you are an even bigger fan of the kids than i am. Are you sitting any of heinen, donato, jfk? And if so does wagner fit here? Is he first to draw in ahead of bjork or federic? We want seconary scoring and we want development. Does wagner give us this?

So now we have 3 spots on our 'grit' line... if he plays this is where he plays

As a right shot... does he replace backes?
Or is he the center in place of kuraly?

Really?

So one spot left... lw... is he there instead of nordstrom?

Honestly... i wouldnt lose sleep. I like both players. I got wagner on my sim. If wagner ends up playing i won't scream and shout or let it all out

My betting money says hes our 13th forward if we get healthy... cave our 14th... and accari will see if he can clear waivers or not

Wagner can play and he hits.That is what you want on your 4th line.Glad he is a Bruin.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Even if they’re all healthy, Frederic and Bjork aren’t here now so I don’t really get it.

I get your point that he’s not as offensively skilled as those guys but imo we’re not seeing Trent until next year. Bjork? Who knows?

Reactions: Tbrady12

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Wagner can play and he hits.That is what you want on your 4th line.Glad he is a Bruin.

and hes played 4-5 good games

when we have 12 healthy forwards.. assuming we gave up no one in the trade for shenn… who are you sitting to get him in the lineup?

props to the 'kid' for showing us some real guts this last 2 weeks... but realistically he should be our 13th forward

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

when we have 12 healthy forwards.. assuming we gave up no one in the trade for shenn… who are you sitting to get him in the lineup?

props to the 'kid' for showing us some real guts this last 2 weeks... but realistically he should be our 13th forward

Acciari, Kuraly, Nordstrom. Wagner should be in front of all 3

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I have to give this guy some love. His play has improved so much. I am not saying this because he has started to produce a bit. His shift to shift play has come so so far. I honestly thought this guy was useless the first part of the season but he has become a useful fourth line player

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Halak was a better one IMO, as much as I love Wags

Halak has been very good in Feb. but he was also the utter you-know-what really in Dec and Jan, pretty good in Nov/Oct. He's a run-of-the-mill inconsistent back-up, which is an important player to have IMO, but he's no better or worse than Khudobin was last year. He's not a 1B-level starter anymore.

The only difference might be you'll have more confidence in Halak if Tuukka went down in the playoffs given his history. But let's not act like bringing in Halak as a back-up goaltender was some feat of genius by Sweeney. They needed a decent back-up, and he went and got one. But there is nothing special about his Halak signing. At all. You could of gotten the same kind of performance out of a dozen guys last summer, including the guy Halak replaced.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

This post aged really well haha

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like Mike so I didn’t jump all over it plus he lives up beyond the Wall and didn’t know about Chris Wagner playing in the area.

I was always surprised he was considered this grinding player because early years and college he was anything but

I wish Butch would toss him
Occasionally up in top 6 for a spark

Underrated player

I’d love to say he was my number 1 UFA but Lou texted me July 1 and said Chris Wagner needs to be here -Lou beat me to the punch

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I think I also am adding in to my voting his love for all things Boston that he wears on his sleeve.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Halak has been very good in Feb. but he was also the utter you-know-what really in Dec and Jan, pretty good in Nov/Oct. He's a run-of-the-mill inconsistent back-up, which is an important player to have IMO, but he's no better or worse than Khudobin was last year. He's not a 1B-level starter anymore.

The only difference might be you'll have more confidence in Halak if Tuukka went down in the playoffs given his history. But let's not act like bringing in Halak as a back-up goaltender was some feat of genius by Sweeney. They needed a decent back-up, and he went and got one. But there is nothing special about his Halak signing. At all. You could of gotten the same kind of performance out of a dozen guys last summer, including the guy Halak replaced.

Maybe, maybe not. There could have been other goalies that Sweeney could have signed that may have been as good, but I can only go by the facts, not speculation. The fact of the matter is that with goalies that have played 20 or more games, both Rask and Halak are in the Top 10 for GAA and Save %. The B’s and Isles are the only teams that can say that.

In addition, there are a lot of goalies that are decent backups, but you aren’t going to ask them to play 35-40 games. Also, if we are going to speculate, I will go ahead and assume that a lot of backups aren’t going to maintain Top 10 stats like Halak has, playing that many games.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

I never get upset when one of our guys plays above expectations... but he is 27... still in the ahl as recently as 2 seasons ago... career high of 16 points in a season.

he has just played the best 2 months of hockey in his career... so props to him... if he keeps it up he can play for me. you have to keep in mind how he was playing the 2 months before that though

8 points in his first 40 games when I made this first post {on pace for a career high 16}
now 8 in his last 25 plus a more consistent and dangerous presenence

honestly... I picked him up in my hfl sim league before he played a game this year so I had fairly high hopes for him all along, but I will stand by my assessment... if we had a team as deep as we would want he should be a 13th forward.

my choices for our 4th line would be backes/kuhlman/kuraly
if everyone was healthy my 3rd line choices would be Bjork/coyle/debrusk
and again if health permitted it pastrnak/krejci/Johansson
and then we can go with Heinen/Bergeron/marchand

assuming we sign all our freeagents and bring everyone back next year.. id hope we delete backes for the cap savings and let federic rotate into the lineup... but that still leaves wagner as my choice for 13th forward

I like him a lot... I like these other 12 guys more

and no im not putting Nordstrom or accari ahead of wagner. just laying out the healthy depth chart

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I wish you could give the whole Wagner-Acciari-Kuraly line a collective 7th Player Award.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
is the 4th line really giving us a season better than we expected? when we were struggling to get any offense {for half the season} they were pretty much invisible

they have 19 goals between them and are a +1 collectively

is this 7th player worthy or just the minimum of what we were expecting all along?

brandon carlo struggled/regressed a lot last year and was probably our 4th-5th dman most the season
this year he is very arguably our best dman for the year and looking like hes put it together to be a stud

if carlo doesn't get 99% of the vote for 7th player it will be a travesty

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
For me its between him, Carlo and Grz for the 7th man.

One of my favorite moments of the season is when he almost took Rielly's head off as retribution for Hyman's cheap shot on McAvoy.
No way on Grizz. He's simply not that good. In fact, he's incredibly overrated. Carlo is someone we all expected to perform this well. Wagner was brought here to hit and not much else. An "energy guy". He's been way more than that and has exceeded everyones expectations.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
No way on Grizz. He's simply not that good. In fact, he's incredibly overrated. Carlo is someone we all expected to perform this well. Wagner was brought here to hit and not much else. An "energy guy". He's been way more than that and has exceeded everyones expectations.

This is a horrid take. Grzelcyk isn't that good? Let me guess.... It's because he's small

Hahahahahahhaahhahahahahaha

Woof to this take!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad