Confirmed with Link: Chris Terry re-signed: one-year, one-way $875,000

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I don't think anyone would rather have Terry than Gerbe if given the choice between the two. If they planned on trading Gerbe to get a stop gap defenseman and Terry was the Gerbe replacement it wouldn't be the end of the world either. I don't think that's happening anyway because Gerbe is probably going to be a key PKer with Dwyer gone.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
This is also incentive for the kids down below. If they never see guys getting their chance with the big team, they won't sign here. We have enough trouble with that budget wise.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Peters looks like he's mixing up the line roles quite a bit.

Previously there was the Jordan and Malholtra lines that were both leaning heavily defensive.

Towards the end of last year, only the McClement line was one-dimensionally defensive.

So if Peters is transitioning to 3 scoring lines and 1 checking (vs. 2/2), it makes sense they'd have to add an offensive players (or 2), and subtract a couple defensive players from the lineup.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I like Terry and wish he was developed a little better early on, but you're ****ing nuts if you think he'd deserve a roster spot over Gerbe. One of the few cases where his stats are somewhat irrelevant and those "intangibles" that some of you loathe actually matter.

I'll take real stats over intangibles every day.

#yesim****ingnuts

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
They cleared space by letting Dwyer go, boychuk isn't in the mix yet. There's a spot if Terry if can hold on to it. Shootout wiz, chips in offensively. I hate the overall smurf effect but it's way to early to even lay out the lines. Other than Faulk and probably Lindy, literally anyone could be traded.

It's a cheap deal.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Man. Good job, everybody. I admire the ability to generate such passion over a decision that just doesn't ****ing matter. Pretty impressive!

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
It's like chess. You can lose by making a big blunder (overpaying/bad trades/etc) or just a ton of inaccuracies over the long haul (300k here, a one-way to a marginal player there). For a budget team, the inaccuracies add up faster.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It's like chess. You can lose by making a big blunder (overpaying/bad trades/etc) or just a ton of inaccuracies over the long haul (300k here, a one-way to a marginal player there). For a budget team, the inaccuracies add up faster.

I think that would apply if it was longer, but it's a 1 year deal. Even if it is a couple hundred K too much this year, it hardly affects the long haul. That's why I don't get all the teeth gnashing. If this was a 3 year, 1 way deal for that price, then yes, I'd be more against it. But the "overpayment" is like 0.4% of their total budget for 1 year. IMO, way, way bigger fish to fry.

EDIT: and I don't think a lot of Terry, I'd make this statement for anyone of his ilk in this situation.

Last edited:

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
With an 11g in 57 game effort, it might be that he's worth a bit more than the minimum. I agree with being skeptical, but he might have earned it.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'd play d6 but yeah still closed. (Actually this is pretty terrible)

BTW Lichess is pretty great to learn on. I love their computer analysis option after games. Just don't try to play bullet there, the connection kinda sucks sometimes

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I'd play d6 but yeah still closed. (Actually this is pretty terrible)

There is no closed game against the King's Gambit. There is only mayhem and blood and suffering.

BTW Lichess is pretty great to learn on. I love their computer analysis option after games. Just don't try to play bullet there, the connection kinda sucks sometimes

My chess learning is done. At this point, all that's left for me is a long steady chess unlearning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad