Injury Report: Chris Tanev is injured...again

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Im over tanev. He's not helping us get anywhere might as well move him for a younger piece.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
This team has maybe five useful players. You can't really trade them.

Certainly not the young players like boeser or horvat who are part of our future core, but for a rebuilding team that has continually finished at the bottom of the league year after year with the likes of tanev and any other useful players, i would have absolutely moved him for a 1st round pick last year before the deadline. He is of no use to us either if he is constantly injured. I would have traded him before his value continued to drop.

Dont think he has ever played a full season or more then 70 games in his career, he is injured every season. I know he has his supporters on here, he is very good dman, but if he cant stay healthy you do have to maximize his value and think toward building on our future assets.

Unfortunately now his value is likely lower and it might not be worth while trading him for what we would receive.

Last edited:

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I had a dream the other night where Rasmus Dahlin was paired with Tanev. You're not going to ruin my dreams by trading him, are you?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I had a dream the other night where Rasmus Dahlin was paired with Tanev. You're not going to ruin my dreams by trading him, are you?
That seriously cant be a consideration even if you are being sarcastic Darby cmon

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Crappy thing about this is the value he just lost at the draft if we wanted to trade him. Every injury he has just lowers and lowers his value. Why we didn't just sit him after his last injury, god only knows.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Why...why in the hell did they not shut him down for the year?

The incompetence of this organization finds new ways to astound us.[/QUOTE This management probably thought they had a shot at the playoffs with Tanev in...after they were mathematically eliminated.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
When Tanev first came into the league, he was made of rubber. But these last couple of seasons... its tough.

Trading Tanev for a low return is stupid dumb though, I don't care if he's a UFA in a couple of seasons. I understand how frustrating the season has been, but step away from the ledge.
Edited

Last edited:

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
5th injury this year. Cant see a great return on him right now, we hold more value in him right now than the rest of the league does. May as well keep him so Dahlin has a steady presence for 50-60 games next year

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Crappy thing about this is the value he just lost at the draft if we wanted to trade him. Every injury he has just lowers and lowers his value. Why we didn't just sit him after his last injury, god only knows.

I said pretty much the exact same thing when I found out Tanev was cleared to play.

In Benning's defence though (and I don't do that often) he may very well have been considering Tanev's trade value at the deadline by not shutting him down after that previous injury. You lose a bit of bargaining power when the guy you're trying to trade didn't finish the season.... which is what happened anyways unfortunately... but I think it was a calculated risk (Tanev getting injured again) that simply just didn't pan out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad