Injury Report: Chris Tanev is injured...again

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Have to give credit to Tanev for fearlessly blocking shots,and taking hits to make a play (and he usually makes the right one)..obviously,these do make him vulnerable to injury.

I think that there has just been a lot of bad luck this year as well,like when the puck deflected off his own stick and hit him in the mouth (losing 8 teeth),

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
lol @ blaming the training staff when the guy is clearly injury prone. It is what it is.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
lol @ blaming the training staff when the guy is clearly injury prone. It is what it is.
There's injury prone and there's what's happening to him. Simply put, he does what some others "with great character and tough to play against" don't. And he pays the price. Trying to blame Tanev for sacrificing his body to help the team is both dumb and disloyal.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
There's injury prone and there's what's happening to him. Simply put, he does what some others "with great character and tough to play against" don't. And he pays the price. Trying to blame Tanev for sacrificing his body to help the team is both dumb and disloyal.
I'm not blaming anybody, that's the point. These things happen with his playing style but putting the blame on trainers with no knowledge of anything at all is equally dumb. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
I'm not blaming anybody, that's the point. These things happen with his playing style but putting the blame on trainers with no knowledge of anything at all is equally dumb. We have no idea what goes on behind the scenes.
We have some idea of what goes behind the scenes, because there's some history with rushing people who clearly are injured. And don't get me started on what the trainers did with players with serious injuries...

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Example 216 of why this management team sucks.

He shouldn't have even been in the lineup.

I haven't watched a game in awhile but I was in the bar and saw his face on the TV and thought "WTF is he doing in the lineup?"

So after he misses 17 games with a leg injury you bring him back to play the last dozen games of a lost season and he ends up leaving ... with a leg injury. It is indefensible.

lush

@jasonlush
Sep 9, 2008
Vancouver
I was so irritated to hear he was back in the lineup, but conceivably he could have had an incredible end to the season and boosted his trade value, but of course luck.....

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm with other posters......why in the world did they bring back in the first place?.....done for the season, and needs to be trade bait this off-season....and don't tell me he's the Canucks best d-man and they can't afford to trade him.....a guy who can't play more than 50 games a year isn't your best d-man.....he might actually thrive in an environment and a team which controls play more, and has puck possession more in the offensive zone.....but with the Canucks he just takes too much punishment.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I'm with other posters......why in the world did they bring back in the first place?.....done for the season, and needs to be trade bait this off-season....and don't tell me he's the Canucks best d-man and they can't afford to trade him.....a guy who can't play more than 50 games a year isn't your best d-man.....he might actually thrive in an environment and a team which controls play more, and has puck possession more in the offensive zone.....but with the Canucks he just takes too much punishment.
Maybe they brought him back because he was 'healthy'.?....Sitting him 'in case' he might get hurt makes no sense at all (unless he's on the trading block..which he isn't).

I'm not disagreeing with you that he is injury prone,but there's a dollop of bad luck in there as well...Having a shot from the point deflect off of your stick and take out 8 of your chiclets is not the norm.

He is easily our best d-man

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Maybe they brought him back because he was 'healthy'.?....Sitting him 'in case' he might get hurt makes no sense at all (unless he's on the trading block..which he isn't).

I'm not disagreeing with you that he is injury prone,but there's a dollop of bad luck in there as well...Having a shot from the point deflect off of your stick and take out 8 of your chiclets is not the norm.

He is easily our best d-man
He could be....but not if he plays 50 games or less every season....just a gut feeling, but I think Tanev might have played his last game for the Canucks.....expecting a trade around the NHL draft time.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
He could be....but not if he plays 50 games or less every season....just a gut feeling, but I think Tanev might have played his last game for the Canucks.....expecting a trade around the NHL draft time.
Then they would be trading him at his lowest possible value...There's no question that his trade value has dropped like a rock since all of this seasons injuries.

The only way to rebuild his trade value is to keep him,and hope for the best that he can demonstrate that that he is somewhat durable.(which isn't too far fetched,..2013-14...64GP
2o14-15...70GP
2015-16...69GP....Last year and this year have been rough).

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
We really need to make it a priority of selling on Tanev - ideally we should have done this by now but he's not been improving his value - if we can get a top 12-15 pick we def. need to do this and find a way to lure Tryamkin back in the next few years or package Baertschi and a draft pick for someone decent as it could be pretty ugly back there without him however at this point I'm firmly convinced he's gotta go........

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
With this management they probably put him back in the lineup because they thought they still had a chance to make the playoffs...even after they were officially eliminated.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Have to give credit to Tanev for fearlessly blocking shots,and taking hits to make a play (and he usually makes the right one)..obviously,these do make him vulnerable to injury.

I think that there has just been a lot of bad luck this year as well,like when the puck deflected off his own stick and hit him in the mouth (losing 8 teeth),

Personally I feel that at some point, if a player is valuable enough, he should maybe assess the constantly changing on-ice situations and figure out how to contribute to the team while minimizing injuries to himself.

Of course this is easier said than done, and I'm absolutely not saying Tanev is at fault or anything stupid like that. What I do think, however, is that Tanev should take some time to reflect on the numerous times he's been injured over the last year or so, and think about what could've been done to avoid them. Forget trade value, this is about his own value as a player.

Injuries suck, no doubt about it.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Personally I feel that at some point, if a player is valuable enough, he should maybe assess the constantly changing on-ice situations and figure out how to contribute to the team while minimizing injuries to himself.

Of course this is easier said than done, and I'm absolutely not saying Tanev is at fault or anything stupid like that. What I do think, however, is that Tanev should take some time to reflect on the numerous times he's been injured over the last year or so, and think about what could've been done to avoid them. Forget trade value, this is about his own value as a player.

Injuries suck, no doubt about it.
Reassess taking a puck to the face Chris.....lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->