Rumor: Chris Tanev in play; Leafs interested

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I could see something like this. Brown is a fan favourite but is buried in RW depth. If he's on the 4th line he's being wasted in Toronto, so they might as well move him if they can get a dman like Tanev back. Would be sad to see Brown go, i'm sure it would break his heart.
Yeah he would be absolutely gutted. I don't want to move him.

Sedinsquared

Apr 22, 2014
I agree I see Brown in this deal and I don't like it, I love Connor Brown

I’d be a bit choked if the main piece we got back was a winger. Futures are what we need but I can see brown being the main piece as this van management can’t get this “retool on the fly” out of their heads

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
He wont be move for less than a late 1st rnder. Or a prospect ready to play in top 6 role or top 4 d w. A high ceiling potential.

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
LOL, he's been "in play" for quite some time...…..LOL
This isn't even new thread worthy to be frank.
A page and a half in thirty minutes, obviously no one wants to discuss it. I'd love Tanev on the Leafs though, what's the cost?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
You're going to have to tone down your expectations.

John Weisbrod was on radio today and said that nobody was willing to offer a decent pick for their older players.

The offer is fair. If nobody wants to pay that price then we keep him.

No need to sell low

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Everyone even Benning knows how desperate the Leafs are after their d destroyed their playoff chances again. That means because there so desperate would be a steep price, probably steeper then for other teams not so desperate

2018 1st, Liljegren, 2019 3rd

Edited cause of the whining

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I’d be a bit choked if the main piece we got back was a winger. Futures are what we need but I can see brown being the main piece as this van management can’t get this “retool on the fly” out of their heads

I'll tell you now you get Connor Brown he WILL be a fan favorite

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Everyone even Benning knows how desperate the Leafs are after their d destroyed their playoff chances again. That means because there so desperate would be a steep price, probably steeper then for other teams not so desperate

2018 1st, Liljegren, Brown, 2019 2nd

I would build a benning statue outside Rogerd Arena if he got that return for Tanev

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

^ he is not a representation of the rest of us Canucks fans. I apologize on behalf of the rest of us

Anyways, it was reported that Tampa is interested and has made offers too...

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

You can't honestly think this? Under what justification?

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Is there a substance more fragile than glass? I'd be extremely hesitant in any deal for this guy. We finally just closed the books on Lupul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad