Rumor: Chris Tanev in play; Leafs interested

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I want Tanev... I'd rate Kappanen/Liligren/Grundstrom all in the same tier. If I have to move only 1; i'd probably bite the bullet and trade Liligren... I know many leaf fans would oppose this; but we really need a top 4 RHD; and we need Kappanen and Grundstrom this year on their cheap ELC's and for what they can provide offensively. Liligren is still 2 years away from making an impact; and the leafs need to go for the cup NOW. Like literally now, next season. If Liliegren goes off and becomes a great #1 d-man; I can live with it if the leafs win the cup.
-
My goal would be to trade a 1st in 2018 and a 1st in 2019 and I'd wait that out as long as possible.
So a team that is deep in forwards and shallow at D, and you would choose lil to trade?

Reactions: Brock Radunske

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
Yes that sounds bad when you put it that way. But isn't the goal to win? Giving up pick 25 and 28-31 for a sub 5 mil top pairing dman (which is what he would be if the conditions were hit) while having, at minimum, reached the conference finals sounds a lot better. And as an added bonus, it'd force us Canucks' and Leafs' fans to cheer together! :,)

Even if it meant the Canucks received the leafs next 5 1sts if they won the cup I couldn't bring myself to cheer for them. Never, no way ever!

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Ah the Tanev bashing thread I thought we had finally got rid of.

I don't get why so many people here feel the need to come in here and just trash the player - if you aren't interested in him maybe don't click the thread?

I swear some of the Leaf fans in this thread make me question humanity.

Carry on!

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
He has been offered multiple times in this thread so some fans say yes, and some say no. It's just the way it goes bud.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He has been "brought up" multiple times in this thread, not offered. I only read one offer from a "supposed" Leafs fan....and he had 37 posts....

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

I don't get why so many people here feel the need to come in here and just trash the player - if you aren't interested in him maybe don't click the thread?

Carry on!
The only negative thing most Leafs fans are saying about Tanev is that he's injury prone. The bashing i've seem in here comes from fans of teams that are not Toronto/Vancouver.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Cquant

May 14, 2015
The only negative thing most Leafs fans are saying about Tanev is that he's injury prone. The bashing i've seem in here comes from fans of teams that are not Toronto/Vancouver.

I don't know about that. The leafs are trying to acquire a top pairing defenseman by offering "He is worth at most a 2nd round pick, I wouldn't touch him otherwise" seems like bashing to me.

And taking out your top 4 prospects, again for a top pairing RHD, it just doesn't seem rational. I consider that a bashing of sorts.

It really doesn't sound like he is being shopped, just teams inquiring and seeing if they can get him for cheap. It seems kind of obvious at this point that no team will really offer up anything significant for Tanev, whether he is injured or not. He is an analytics darling but he doesn't put up points.
I think we should all get comfortable with Tanev staying in Vancouver. Any trade involving Tanev is going to be seriously disappointing for the Canucks and reminiscent of the Hoffman trade that just happened. A trade like this would be the end of Benning's career.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I'll go with Sportsnet's offer: Leivo, Carrick and I think it was the 1st.

Though I strongly doubt Vancouver does........

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I don't know about that. The leafs are trying to acquire a top pairing defenseman by offering "He is worth at most a 2nd round pick, I wouldn't touch him otherwise" seems like bashing to me.

And taking out your top 4 prospects, again for a top pairing RHD, it just doesn't seem rational. I consider that a bashing of sorts.

It really doesn't sound like he is being shopped, just teams inquiring and seeing if they can get him for cheap. It seems kind of obvious at this point that no team will really offer up anything significant for Tanev, whether he is injured or not. He is an analytics darling but he doesn't put up points.
I think we should all get comfortable with Tanev staying in Vancouver. Any trade involving Tanev is going to be seriously disappointing for the Canucks and reminiscent of the Hoffman trade that just happened. A trade like this would be the end of Benning's career.

But the tweet you posted backs up what we are saying, GMs are offering less value due to Tanev's injuries. Are they bashing as well?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Carry on!
Cool, I feel the same way about Canucks fans.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Not often someone on here works for the team and knows all the definitive answers. We're so lucky to have your input.
I am looking at your username, going to assume you are a Bolts fan, is Foote available? Because in the Tampa/Tanev thread every Bolts fan must work for the team....because they all say "Foote is not available".

Feb 19, 2018
Funny how people on here feel like they have any say in what’s on the table and off the table between the two organizations lol.
Just peasants to the actual negotiations going on between the professionals.
Keep on keepin on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad