Rumor: Chris Tanev in play; Leafs interested

tylerjohnson2626

Jun 6, 2016
Victoria, BC
What does -18% mean?
The higher the percentage, the harder it is for the opposing team to generate shots. Basically, it's hard to generate offence against a player with those numbers. He's an excellent checker, can move the puck well, and can skate. All those factors aid in him posting those figures.

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
One has to wonder if the number of games missed is higher because Vancouver was in no rush to get him back on the ice due to the fact they had already thrown in the towel. If the Canucks had been competing for a playoff spot, I would have to imagine Tanev would have been playing through some of these injuries for the good of the team. Furthermore, in doing all your ridiculous calculations you can't honestly include injuries from say, getting a puck in the face. That is not injury prone, that is unlucky.

There are many players who are playing through injuries all the time, meaning they are not at 100%, but not all of these are disclosed. I'm not saying Tanev's health isn't a concern, but stating he is the most injury prone player in the league right now is a bit of a joke.

Zrinski

Oct 10, 2010
As a Leafs fan I could get behind a base of 1st + 2nd + another asset (2nd, Bracco, Nielson, etc) with Van taking Martin to help us on the cap. He's a really solid defender, I know he gets a lot of flack here due to his injuries, but I'd be happy to bring him on.

Reactions: kanucks25

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
One has to wonder if the number of games missed is higher because Vancouver was in no rush to get him back on the ice due to the fact they had already thrown in the towel. If the Canucks had been competing for a playoff spot, I would have to imagine Tanev would have been playing through some of these injuries for the good of the team. Furthermore, in doing all your ridiculous calculations you can't honestly include injuries from say, getting a puck in the face. That is not injury prone, that is unlucky.

There are many players who are playing through injuries all the time, meaning they are not at 100%, but not all of these are disclosed. I'm not saying Tanev's health isn't a concern, but stating he is the most injury prone player in the league right now is a bit of a joke.
Not so sure, the Leafs were apparently quite interested at the deadline, but his injury was serious enough that it killed any interest due to not knowing if he would be back for the playoffs.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Not so sure, the Leafs were apparently quite interested at the deadline, but his injury was serious enough that it killed any interest due to not knowing if he would be back for the playoffs.
I honestly have a feeling that Carrick and Pickard are sign and trades

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I honestly have a feeling that Carrick and Pickard are sign and trades
I posted the same thing in those threads....i can see Van having interest in Carrick if they trade Tanev, but do they need Pickard/McElhinney?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Just get her done. A first and second for Tanev. Why do the leafs care about losing a late first and late second when they are a contending team? Those picks wont help them for years. If Tanev was healthy , the price would be double, you pay for what you get.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Just get her done. A first and second for Tanev. Why do the leafs care about losing a late first and late second when they are a contending team? Those picks wont help them for years. If Tanev was healthy , the price would be double, you pay for what you get.
I would do 1st+2nd right now.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I'm not opposed.

Martin thrown in makes sense. He's a good rebuild soldier for your youth

Shanejones

Jun 12, 2018
Eastern passage
It wasn’t that it was serious, it’s just that the team decided it was better to sit him and get better rather then play injured and make worse for nothing. This leaf coloured version is getting old and I would say many leafs fans on here consistently calling him injury prone most likely only watch him play twice a year

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
The only negative thing most Leafs fans are saying about Tanev is that he's injury prone. The bashing i've seem in here comes from fans of teams that are not Toronto/Vancouver.
You must not read all posts cause the bashing on here is pretty well only leaf fans.

Reactions: iFan

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
I posted the same thing in those threads....i can see Van having interest in Carrick if they trade Tanev, but do they need Pickard/McElhinney?

Unless we're able to dump Nilsson and his 2.5M contract on someone and get a late pick I can't see it.

Demko or Nilsson will get the backup spot behind Markstrom. Bachman is back as our AHL keeper/emergency call up again and we'll have DiPietro in Utica after this season.

Can't really see it unless we want another guy in the case we need a call up.

Reactions: Liferleafer

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I am excited for the day Tanev does get traded (if he does) so that the bickering will finally be halted. The amount of times I've read the words 'injury prone' followed by a low-ball offer has become pretty ridiculous.

Just spitballing here:

Kapanen + 2019 1st
Liljegren + Martin/other cap dump for Tanev + 37th overall
2018 1st + 2018 2nd + 2019 2nd

Personally, those are the only offers I'd accept from Toronto that wouldn't have a huge impact on Toronto's current roster.

Connor Brown appears to have more value to Toronto than Vancouver based on the fans' posts here, and he doesn't fill a big need for Vancouver, so a deal doesn't make much sense involving him.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I am excited for the day Tanev does get traded (if he does) so that the bickering will finally be halted. The amount of times I've read the words 'injury prone' followed by a low-ball offer has become pretty ridiculous.

Just spitballing here:

Kapanen + 2019 1st
Liljegren + Martin/other cap dump for Tanev + 37th overall
2018 1st + 2018 2nd + 2019 2nd

Personally, those are the only offers I'd accept from Toronto that wouldn't have a huge impact on Toronto's current roster.

Connor Brown appears to have more value to Toronto than Vancouver based on the fans' posts here, and he doesn't fill a big need for Vancouver, so a deal doesn't make much sense involving him.
I choose #3.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I am good with this, would also include Carrick instead of one of the picks if that works better.

I would say Canucks fans would rather take their chances with the 2nd. Small sample size but Benning has made great selections with his 2nd round picks, unfortunately he's given like half away and not really tried to acquire more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad