Chris Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Gotta bench him...it would be a good wakeup call. hes standing around A LOT...i dont care for his backcheck hustle either.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
I'm beginning to believe that kreider, and miller for that matter, won't be with this organization long term. Both have shown flashes of brilliance but much more lackluster uninspired play. How much patience will the front office show with these guys?

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
I think there has to be more patience with Kreider. The upside of him "coming alive" is just too great. He reminds me so much of Kovalev simply from the standpoint of being a super talented guy who everyone is waiting to find consistency.

I don't get it, though. He talked about doing so much work in the offseason, seemed so motivated to get back on the ice. And now this?

MTrangers

Oct 26, 2012
Missoula, MT
I guess I just try to see the glass half full. We can argue that the 1st line on paper before the season started: Kreider-Stepan-Nash are 3 of the 4 most disappointing forwards (with Miller imo) so far. Yet we are off to a better start than any of the 4 previous years of being a top contender. We've seen Kreider be streaky. Not just on the scoresheet (a la Nash), but just in his contributions and effort. Not sure what it is, but hopefully as he matures the valleys start to raise and the peaks become the norm.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think there has to be more patience with Kreider. The upside of him "coming alive" is just too great. He reminds me so much of Kovalev simply from the standpoint of being a super talented guy who everyone is waiting to find consistency.

I don't get it, though. He talked about doing so much work in the offseason, seemed so motivated to get back on the ice. And now this?

I think his hockey IQ is pretty low. All the off-season training in the world isn't going to help that.

With all of his physical gifts, its amazing he can't find a way to positively impact every game.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I think he's the kind of player whom you need to get crazy pumped and Studf. He doesn't have the best IQ but when he does come to play, he's going to own. Have to keep him on a mental high.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Well those of us who saw him in HFD have been saying it for a while.... he doesn't show up every game.

He has a soft personality; he's not that alpha dawg out there if you know what I mean.

There's a lot of passive inconsistency in his game. This is a contract year, if he simply drove the net hard 4-5 times a game, and even if he just scored 25 goals, he'd get Saad money.

member 116805

Perhaps he should have taken those boxing lessons afterall? Guy is so mellow, he could need something to get him pumped up and a bit more aggressive

i guess the good thing is that he will be a cheap resign if this continues

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site

Look at the lazy Back Check by Kreider, he's fast enough to negate that 2 on 1... Not enough heart or hustle.

Frickin Dan Girardi almost caught up and he had to cover more ice since he was in deeper.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
When it comes to Kreider I think what we have seen is wha he is. I don't think he has the hands or the hockey IQ to be much more than a 45Pt guy

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
As long as he keeps playing how he does in the playoffs, he can be as inconsistent in the regular season as he wants.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Look at the lazy Back Check by Kreider, he's fast enough to negate that 2 on 1... Not enough heart or hustle.

Frickin Dan Girardi almost caught up and he had to cover more ice since he was in deeper.

Total lack of awareness after Girardi made a pretty damn good play in the offensive zone. Kreider has to rotate out there. He looked like a deer in headlights from the moment the puck turned the other way.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
his label has been the same for a while. enormous physical tools. dumb as rocks.

he lacks 2 important things. hockey smarts and a consistent motor. add to that his fragile psyche, and you have todays chris kreider.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
id say his intelligence is just fine.

id say his ability to "get up" for games is very limited...at least thus far...when the pressure is high, he really plays his best...when its just a regular season game against whomever, he seems to not give a crap and just play.

he needs that fire to compete every game...every shift.

i think he needs to be benched for a game to wake his ass up.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
id say his intelligence is just fine.

id say his ability to "get up" for games is very limited...at least thus far...when the pressure is high, he really plays his best...when its just a regular season game against whomever, he seems to not give a crap and just play.

he needs that fire to compete every game...every shift.

i think he needs to be benched for a game to wake his ass up.

he's less intuitive than other guys on the roster with alot less skill.

he lacks that "feel" for the game. and he lacks a consistent effort. those are bad together.

I've always said he looks like he's not sure what to do many times and often makes the wrong play.

hes at his very best tearing up and down the wing with speed and getting on the edge. when he's got a head of steam and the puck, he's down right scary.

when he needs to be creative or do something in tight spaces, sometimes he looks rather uncertain or down right clueless.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
There's no one who will get Kreider going except Kreider.

Stepan picking up his play would help that line, but Kreider needs to be a difference maker in his own right. He's not a new kid in NHL who's expected to be a support player. That's a Fast / Miller / …Berg role on the 2nd line. Kreider should be driving them as much as Stepan. It's surprising how lackadaisical he's been in a contract year.

There's a lot of frustration on this site with Miller's play, much of it valid, but Kreider's been the biggest passenger among the forwards.

I love Kreider's play-off game, but the more Kreider I see in the regular season, the more flashbacks I get to Alex Kovalev.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think his hockey IQ is pretty low. All the off-season training in the world isn't going to help that.

With all of his physical gifts, its amazing he can't find a way to positively impact every game.

His IQ didn't suddenly just drop though. He's dogging it hard right now.

The crazy thing is, I don't think it was talk, he did actually work his tail off this summer. I think, like Nash, he's just dying to get something going and then it will all follow.

The crazy thing is I thought he looked really dangerous against CHI in the first game. Somehow he's only gotten worse since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad