Chris Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
So because people didn't pick up a stick, their opinions mean nothing? Nice

Not saying that at all and I respect everyone's opinion but on these boards, the ones that have, seem to be a little more knowledgable..

NYRangerFan*

I'm not interested in exchanging nonsense with you ( thus the reason why I don't post on here often), I'm asking everyones opinion on trying out Kreider at center in Stepan's absence>

And nobody agreed with putting Kreider at center. What does thay do for us? Makes absolutely no sense at all. What do we got to lose? A playoff spot

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Saying Kreider would/could do well in FOs because he's big and can bully the other center off the puck is like assuming Nash would/could do well in FOs for the same reasons. It's like saying Nash has been good defensively and is a big dude, why not try him at center? In all your posts NYR, you make it sound like the only way to evaluate his FO ability is to throw him to the fire in a real game that affects the standings because "anything's worth a shot" and "don't know til you try". I could only imagine they've ran the gamut during practices with everyone. Just because we don't see it/hear about it on twitter the second after it happens doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You're asking for everyone's opinions, but only seem to be looking for the ones agreeing with you; otherwise you just repeat "..but why not try it." Multiple people have said why there's a very good chance it will fail before it starts.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
And nobody agreed with putting Kreider at center. What does thay do for us? Makes absolutely no sense at all. What do we got to lose? A playoff spot

We just lost 2 games to division rivals. We're losing anyway! Take a chance!!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He can't play center because he's not that good at hockey. He's a middle 6 winger that adds grit and speed. That's what he is. I'm tired of hearing about all these "tools."

NYRangerFan*

He can't play center because he's not that good at hockey. He's a middle 6 winger that adds grit and speed. That's what he is. I'm tired of hearing about all these "tools."

Finally, somebody has said it

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Saying Kreider would/could do well in FOs because he's big and can bully the other center off the puck is like assuming Nash would/could do well in FOs for the same reasons. It's like saying Nash has been good defensively and is a big dude, why not try him at center? In all your posts NYR, you make it sound like the only way to evaluate his FO ability is to throw him to the fire in a real game that affects the standings because "anything's worth a shot" and "don't know til you try". I could only imagine they've ran the gamut during practices with everyone. Just because we don't see it/hear about it on twitter the second after it happens doesn't mean it doesn't happen. You're asking for everyone's opinions, but only seem to be looking for the ones agreeing with you; otherwise you just repeat "..but why not try it." Multiple people have said why there's a very good chance it will fail before it starts.

No this is a messege board. I don't need everyone to agree with me. People are always going to have opinions and messege boards are for people with mutual interets to discuss, thus the need for a messege board lol but everything you said is nothing more than BS and since you put it that way, give me a reason why it shouldn't be tried out? I never said he would do good but why not try it out? Ok, try out Nash. Same thing applies. AV tried out MSL which imo is ridiculous. Why not try someone with some size? Just because you say it might've been tried out in practice means it's fact? From what I've read MSL stepped up and the job was his. That was it..

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

He's not that good at hockey? Let me guess..You're one one the people that want to trade Girardi right>? LOL

NYRangerFan*

No this is a messege board. I don't need everyone to agree with me. People are always going to have opinions and messege boards are for people with mutual interets to discuss, thus the need for a messege board lol but everything you said is nothing more than BS and since you put it that way, give me a reason why it shouldn't be tried out? I never said he would do good but why not try it out? Ok, try out Nash. Same thing applies. AV tried out MSL which imo is ridiculous. Why not try someone with some size? Just because you say it might've been tried out in practice means it's fact? From what I've read MSL stepped up and the job was his. That was it..

MSL sucked at center. Kreider is a winger, not a center. You don't experiment in January in a playoff push. It's just not a good idea

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He's not that good at hockey? Let me guess..You're one one the people that want to trade Girardi right>? LOL

This has nothing do with Girardi. I have certain qualms with Girardi, but he's a former all-star, plays 20 minutes a night, 600 NHL games. Kreider only hopes to have a career like that.

I'm just tired of hearing about his tools. Tools tools tools. That's all people talk about with Kreider. I'm beginning to think he's Tim Taylor from Home Improvement. Kreider has size, speed, and a decent shot. That's nice but every team in the league has one of those.

You want tools? Look at Derek Stepan. Best passer on the team, is brilliant defensively, he's 3 steps ahead of everyone else on the ice, and he might not score that much, but at least he finishes slam dunk chances. If I had a dollar for every breakaway Kreider has botched I could retire. Stepan is a great hockey player.

Kreider is not, and never will be. He is a great athlete. Because of that, he'll likely amount to a solid 2nd liner. That's fine. But the legend some Rangers fans have of Kreider being this superstar is just not realistic. Like I said he's a great athlete, but most of his hockey skills unrelated to size and speed are below league average.

The idea of him moving to center, considering his lack of natural hockey skills which centers tend to have the most of, is downright opposite to reality.

Ok who's winning faceoffs other than D. Moore? It's a problem..

Not Kreider.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
What makes Kreider so special anyway?

He's still a youngster finding his game. Do you have any idea how may teams want a player like Kreider? A power fwd with size, skill and grit? I'm not even the biggest Kreider fan but give this kid a few years and he's gonna tear it up..

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
This has nothing do with Girardi. I have certain qualms with Girardi, but he's a former all-star, plays 20 minutes a night, 600 NHL games. Kreider only hopes to have a career like that.

I'm just tired of hearing about his tools. Tools tools tools. That's all people talk about with Kreider. I'm beginning to think he's Tim Taylor from Home Improvement. Kreider has size, speed, and a decent shot. That's nice but every team in the league has one of those.

You want tools? Look at Derek Stepan. Best passer on the team, is brilliant defensively, he's 3 steps ahead of everyone else on the ice, and he might not score that much, but at least he finishes slam dunk chances. If I had a dollar for every breakaway Kreider has botched I could retire. Stepan is a great hockey player.

Kreider is not, and never will be. He is a great athlete. Because of that, he'll likely amount to a solid 2nd liner. That's fine. But the legend some Rangers fans have of Kreider being this superstar is just not realistic. Like I said he's a great athlete, but most of his hockey skills unrelated to size and speed are below league average.

The idea of him moving to center, considering his lack of natural hockey skills which centers tend to have the most of, is downright opposite to reality.

Not Kreider.

Tim Taylor lol..We'll have to agree to disagree but I guess we'll see. Saving this post for future reference. Hopefully you haven't changed your name to Duclair or something ridiculous like that until then LOL

*Bob Richards*

Has Kreider played Center at any level? Pardon my pessimism but I think he'd get abused by professional level centers taking the opposing draw.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Has Kreider played Center at any level? Pardon my pessimism but I think he'd get abused by professional level centers taking the opposing draw.

Steps is out = worth a shot to me..

Couldn't get any worse or we gonna trade half the roster for Vermette?

*Bob Richards*

Steps is out = worth a shot to me..

Couldn't get any worse or we gonna trade half the roster for Vermette?

Considering there are numbers lower than 46.1%, yes it could get worse.

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
You do know that size has absolutely 0% impact on face offs right? If anything, being lower to the ice is an advantage.
Using your logic, Kevin Hayes should be winning more than losing. He's an actual center.
Maybe see if Talbot can play C?
How about throwing Hagelin in there.
I seriously doubt that a player that has never taken faceoffs is going to step in and win much, considering he will be facing off with a guy that has, you know, practiced that skill repeatedly for years.
It's akin to throwing your stud DT into the fire during a game as Center, and hoping he can snap the ball well. You are asking a guy that has never been a C to play that position, and hope he somehow has a skill never noticed or nurtured. :shakehead

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He doesn't have the defensive awareness to play center, and besides, we need his speed up high, so we can use him to back off opposing defensemen. If Kreider is down low, it'll allow opposing defensemen to pinch and pressure us deeper in our zone. Kreider's ability to stay up high and blow by defenders is a big part of our transition game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad