Player Discussion Chris Kreider: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
I'd love to find a way to retain Kreider.

Let's be realistic, he will fetch a 25th-31st overall pick who would be lucky to one day play at Kreiders level in the NHL. I'm not big on trading NHL proven players with ability for late picks in the first round that usually dont amount to much.

I also dont see the merit in it. Are we still trading away all of our players for picks? When does it stop? Are we going to need to trade Zibenejad for a 1st overall and a prospect because we wont have the money to sign him? At some point you stop stockpiling draft picks and move forward with the rebuild. This will be 3 years in a row where they are on the bubble and give up on the playoffs.

Next year, I fully expect this stock piling of prospects to be over and see a 100% push for an actual playoff appearance. Successful rebuilds can be done in 3-4 years.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I'd love to find a way to retain Kreider.

Let's be realistic, he will fetch a 25th-31st overall pick who would be lucky to one day play at Kreiders level in the NHL. I'm not big on trading NHL proven players with ability for late picks in the first round that usually dont amount to much.

I also dont see the merit in it. Are we still trading away all of our players for picks? When does it stop? Are we going to need to trade Zibenejad for a 1st overall and a prospect because we wont have the money to sign him? At some point you stop stockpiling draft picks and move forward with the rebuild. This will be 3 years in a row where they are on the bubble and give up on the playoffs.

Next year, I fully expect this stock piling of prospects to be over and see a 100% push for an actual playoff appearance. Successful rebuilds can be done in 3-4 years.
Agreed. I could understand if we were getting a pick 12-18 like the devils got with hall but the teams interested in Kreider all have high first rounders like 29-31. Boston Doesn’t have a good farm system and Colorado isn’t giving up their top prospect. I keep hearing the returns is gonna be “great”. But I really don’t see it considering the type of player we are losing

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think it's important to remember that the Rangers decision to move Kreider doesn't hinge on the belief that the pick/prospect they get will be better than him.

It hinges on whether they can close the financial gap that exists, and how their comfort level changes as they around a 7x7, NMC framework, and what moves they'd have to make to accommodate that contract.

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
This is killin me, I just want it to be over...and have Krieder remain a Ranger. He's been with us through all 3 of our ECF runs the last decade (THATS RIGHT GUYS, DONT FORGET WE GOT TO 3 ECF IN THE 2010's THAT IS AMAZING!! SO STOP WHINING!!) It would just be so sweet to finally win a Cup with him and see him lift it up after all these years.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
I think it's important to remember that the Rangers decision to move Kreider doesn't hinge on the belief that the pick/prospect they get will be better than him.

It hinges on whether they can close the financial gap that exists, and how their comfort level changes as they around a 7x7, NMC framework, and what moves they'd have to make to accommodate that contract.

I hope he comes down a bit from his demands. Only way this is going to work.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Yeah, well we will soon find out if he's an asshole or not.

I don't think it would make him an asshole. He just watched Gorton back up the truck for Trouba and Panarin. I can't blame him for not wanting to leave millions on the table. I hope they could come to some kind of an agreement that works for both sides but we aren't the ones signing this contract. The fact that there's reports of Gorton making an offer is promising though.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

7x7 is a no
5x7 is ideal
6x7 is 'fair' for both sides.

I really dont think he gets 7 years on the free-market. His AAV might be higher but not @ 7 years.

I'd even offer him 5x8

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
This is killin me, I just want it to be over...and have Krieder remain a Ranger. He's been with us through all 3 of our ECF runs the last decade (THATS RIGHT GUYS, DONT FORGET WE GOT TO 3 ECF IN THE 2010's THAT IS AMAZING!! SO STOP WHINING!!) It would just be so sweet to finally win a Cup with him and see him lift it up after all these years.
Doc: “And after 22 years ... CHRIS KREIDER!”

Pierre: “And it’s an amazing story Doc. He told me before the game that he really wanted to win this trophy — ever since he started playing the sport. It’s really a unique story.”

Milbury: “He’s a very good third-line kind of guy. He’s not the most talented or flashy, but it’s good to see him hoist the Cup.”

Last edited:

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
7x7 is a no
5x7 is ideal
6x7 is 'fair' for both sides.

I really dont think he gets 7 years on the free-market. His AAV might be higher but not @ 7 years.

I'd even offer him 5x8
He’s the disciplinarian and off-ice leader; Mika is the on-ice leader; Panarin is the “love of the game” and production leader. Ancient Rome would have been jealous of such a synergistic triumvirate.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
$6.25 x 6 years, full NMC is my bet to get it done. Doesn't it kind of feel like he's going to resign? His relationship with Buch and Zib seem very genuine. I can't imagine him just giving that all up for 6 or 7 million to try to recapture that team feel. I think in the end his want to be a Ranger and be a part of this teams very bright future will make him leave some money on the table. Maybe even put some pressure on him to sign another deal after this one.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
$6.25 x 6 years, full NMC is my bet to get it done. Doesn't it kind of feel like he's going to resign? His relationship with Buch and Zib seem very genuine. I can't imagine him just giving that all up for 6 or 7 million to try to recapture that team feel. I think in the end his want to be a Ranger and be a part of this teams very bright future will make him leave some money on the table. Maybe even put some pressure on him to sign another deal after this one.

hella optimistic on the money side of things.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Doc: “And after 22 years ... CHRIS KREIDER!”
Pierre: “And it’s an amazing story Doc. He told me before the game that he really wanted to win this trophy — ever since he started playing the sport. It’s really a unique story.”
Milbury: “He’s a very good third-line kind of guy. He’s not the most talented or flashy, but it’s good to see him hoist the Cup.”

even better when he skates it over to Hank who refused to leave the bench after another decade.

Reactions: Cmox and CasusBelli

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't think it would make him an asshole. He just watched Gorton back up the truck for Trouba and Panarin. I can't blame him for not wanting to leave millions on the table. I hope they could come to some kind of an agreement that works for both sides but we aren't the ones signing this contract. The fact that there's reports of Gorton making an offer is promising though.

Pretty sure he was kidding with the asshole comment.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I feel the same way. I almost feel sick to my stomach with worry.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
hella optimistic on the money side of things.

He's not a 60pt guy. He's not even a 1st line guy. Rangers should pay him 2nd line wing money. That's not a 7, it starts with a 6. Just because some teams have handed out some Sabre bad deals doesn't mean the Rangers should start. His agent should do the best he can and then Kreider should settle on it to remain a Ranger.

Dustin Brown, Ehlers, Brock Nelson, Radulov type money. 6-6.5 Range at most.

Reactions: leetch99

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I have been thinking this for the last week or so. It seems like the team views Kreider as defacto captain with his quotes after games and it looks like he's taking charge. It's hard to explain. It's just a feeling I have as well.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He's not a 60pt guy. He's not even a 1st line guy. Rangers should pay him 2nd line wing money. That's not a 7, it starts with a 6. Just because some teams have handed out some Sabre bad deals doesn't mean the Rangers should start. His agent should do the best he can and then Kreider should settle on it to remain a Ranger.

Dustin Brown, Ehlers, Brock Nelson, Radulov type money. 6-6.5 Range at most.

Brown signed when that was a much larger percentage of the cap, Ehlers didn't sign as a UFA, he's better than Nelson and Radulov had red flags abound.

If 6x6.25 was enough I think he would have been signed already.

Reactions: CasusBelli

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
I have been thinking this for the last week or so. It seems like the team views Kreider as defacto captain with his quotes after games and it looks like he's taking charge. It's hard to explain. It's just a feeling I have as well.

It's almost like he's just going through the song and dance because it's the process and deep down he knows he's gonna sign eventually. Just seems like he's enjoying the spotlight a bit because it is nice to know you're wanted, but he'll cave. If I'm wrong, man I hope GMJG comes up BIG.

Callafan24

Sep 22, 2010
New York City
It's almost like he's just going through the song and dance because it's the process and deep down he knows he's gonna sign eventually. Just seems like he's enjoying the spotlight a bit because it is nice to know you're wanted, but he'll cave. If I'm wrong, man I hope GMJG comes up BIG.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Prepare yourself, you will be wrong.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Brown signed when that was a much larger percentage of the cap, Ehlers didn't sign as a UFA, he's better than Nelson and Radulov had red flags abound.

If 6x6.25 was enough I think he would have been signed already.

He's no where near guys like Connor, Pac, Nylander, Tkachuk or Tarasenko and those guys are all $6.9-$7.25 Range. I just don't see how he feels he's in that ballpark.

Reactions: leetch99

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Prepare yourself, you will be wrong.

It's a win win. JG is yet to be fleeced and has at least 4 buyers. I would rather have Kreider, but I also trust GMJG to get the job done if he has to be moved. I just see train wreck Okposo, Ryan, Kessler or even Skinner like nightmare if he gets anything that start with a 7.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
The analysts keep saying that Gorton hadn’t made him available which tells me they still are very interested in keeping him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad