Player Discussion Chris Kreider: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Just think about the leaps it takes to try to invalidate MH's point that Kreider is a multi-millionaire, set to further his multi-million dollar earnings no matter what deal he takes. And to be clear, I've worked two years as a commercial fisherman (the second most dangerous job in the States), so I'm apparently very qualified to speak on our sister-career, professional athlete...
How many people can do MH's job and how many can do Krieder's?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If Kreider signs here, he is set for life. Never mind the contract, he'd have a post-career life-long front office job.

Simple and stupid caveman analogy.

Group A offers you $40M for 6 years to be their sex slave.
Group B offers you $50M for 7 years to be their sex slave.

Group A is Shakira and Adriana Lima.
Group B is Whoopi Goldberg and Caitlyn Jenner.

who do you pick?

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
If Kreider signs here, he is set for life. Never mind the contract, he'd have a post-career life-long front office job.

who do you pick?

How does Whoopi feel about long walks on the beach?

Reactions: Lion Hound

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No offense taken, no one elected me anything, and I hope he makes more money than Jeff Bezos. I've seen you put a strict limit on what you're willing to pay a player. WHO ARE YOU TO DETERMINE WHAT A PLAYER IS WORTH, BERNIE?!?!?!
So let's get some things straight. I NEVER put limits on what i would pay a player. I put limits for what I would pay Kreider, were I Gorton. Other GMs on other teams and this GM on this team does as well. Krieder has the right to seek a much money as possible.

What I state I would do with the future of the Rangers, were I in charge, is quite different than advocating how much anyone should get paid. So please, let's do away with this BS. You are better than this and know exactly what I meant.
Were you screaming at the top of your lungs when Panarin turned down 12.5m a year from the Islanders?
Ummm.....that is called choice which is entirely dependent on what an individual decides is right for them based on their situation. Not what is based on situations of fans on a message board.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Kreider is a smart dude. I’m sure he can do very well in life after hockey. I’ve always gotten the sense that he loves it here and the only other place he would sign is maybe Boston who probably can’t afford him anyway other than just being a rental. If both sides really were that far apart I would think he would have been traded by now that’s just my personal belief

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

who do you pick?

Does this weird analogy take into account that the Rangers were Shakira/Lima the first half of his tenure here and Whoopi the last half?

Point being, I don't think he has any sweet dreams of contending here anytime soon based on their last few years.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
So let's get some things straight. I NEVER put limits on what i would pay a player. I put limits for what I would pay Kreider, were I Gorton. Other GMs on other teams and this GM on this team does as well. Krieder has the right to seek a much money as possible.

What I state I would do with the future of the Rangers, were I in charge, is quite different than advocating how much anyone should get paid. So please, let's do away with this BS. You are better than this and know exactly what I meant.

Ummm.....that is called choice which is entirely dependent on what an individual decides is right for them based on their situation. Not what is based on situations of fans on a message board.

Ok, so it would be his choice to take less to play for the Rangers. I never said he should, has to, must or is disloyal, not once did I say that. I said that if he wants to stay, likes it here and wants to be part of the future he has to take less than what he would get on the open market. I don't understand what the big deal is. And then said, would it be that bad in the grand scheme of things if he made 60m instead of 67m over the course of his career. That's it. You flew off the handle, not me.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Didn't mean it that way. Just have personal distaste when people think they have right to tell other people what they should or should not make and the circumstances. If I misinterpreted, my bad.

No worries. It was more an observation of what he'd need to do to stay.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
No worries. It was more an observation of what he'd need to do to stay.
There I agree as do I think we all are. There is absolutely a path to keep him. But it is all up to him on what is most important. Stay and lead the team he has always played for back to prominence, as a leader. Or take the most amount of money.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
There I agree as do I think we all are. There is absolutely a path to keep him. But it is all up to him on what is most important. Stay and lead the team he has always played for back to prominence, as a leader. Or take the most amount of money.

Totally agree. They should pin your post and close this thread because that's it in a nutshell. And to be clear, I still think he's getting traded.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY

who do you pick?

Laughing my f***ing Ass Off!

Reactions: belford22

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

who do you pick?
I don’t think signing with Team B equals that big of a drop off

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014

who do you pick?

I think you're massively overrating the attractiveness in staying in NY for a hockey player.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Did Kreider Fast and a 3rd go to Edm for Pool party and a 1st??

Why did NHL network just put that on the screen. In a location without sound. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad