News Article: Chris Kreider 2019-20 Edition

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Chris “right hook” Kreider, whether confirmed or not.
Yes I’m not sure if it was confirmed or not. I do know Kreider got into a scuffle at the end of the 2nd period against the Pens where he got that soft penalty call. But he was clearly pissed of. Then the way the Rangers lost the way that they did I’m sure didn’t help. Then we had the incident occur right after the game in the tunnel and maybe CK just finally had enough. We all know he is a very even tempered guy but there have been a few instances where he has gotten legit pissed. I remember a few years ago they were playing Philly and I can’t forget the other players name(Manning maybe?) but Kreider punched him and the guy went flying

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I hope he gets traded.

and its more for his play and contract. But a “leader” should never be involved in a fight. He should know better and be one of the cooler heads on the team.

this team lacks any real leadership. Kreider should at least be stripped of his A

edit: so he didn’t punch someone? I think we need a sticky about all the stuff that actually happened and not the bs rumors.

but i still want him traded.

Last edited:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I hope he gets traded.

and its more for his play and contract. But a “leader” should never be involved in a fight. He should know better and be one of the cooler heads on the team.

this team lacks any real leadership. Kreider should at least be stripped of his A

edit: so he didn’t punch someone? I think we need a sticky about all the stuff that actually happened and not the bs rumors.

Tony D deserved a fist in his face and Kreider being the one to do it is pretty based. He should be given the C imo.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I hope he gets traded.

You're kidding me, right?

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
nope. Why is punching a teammate ana crof leadership.

if trump punched AOC bc she is crazy, would you applaud that as good leadership? No. Because it isnt. So why would Kreider punching a teammate be good leadership.

hint it isnt.

but again, i guess he didnt punch him sp its moot.

and yes i still want kreider off this team. But thats bc of his contract, and how he takes off too many games.
Not being there and only picking up on hearsay, it sounds like he jumped in to help a teammate. DeAngelo started the fight, not the other way around. His actions and his post-game comments are what you, or at least me, would expect a leader to do and say.

Also, what in the name of anything and everything, does this have to do with Trump and AOC? Using that as a comparison is like using Jerry hitting Tom with a hammer.

Reactions: haveandare

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Not being there and only picking up on hearsay, it sounds like he jumped in to help a teammate. DeAngelo started the fight, not the other way around. His actions and his post-game comments are what you, or at least me, would expect a leader to do and say.

Also, what in the name of anything and everything, does this have to do with Trump and AOC? Using that as a comparison is like using Jerry hitting Tom with a hammer.

A good leader would break it up and cool heads. Not throw punches and add fuel to the fire. And from what i read my take is dlo didnt start the fight, but pissed off Georgiev with words who then started the kerfluffle.

it takes two to tango. Georbiev shouldnt be exonerated either. But dlo should never said shit to a teammate. He is in the dead wrong about that.

i just picked two very powerfuland popular people who are at odds with each other. Its an example. Plus all the people who are cheering Kreider’s “leadership” are those who hate politics. So it is also showing how hypocritical they are bc if the political ideoligies were the other way around, they wouldnt be cheering it. U can use whoever u want though. The point still stands.

leaders dont punch teammates and add fuel to the fire. They break up the fight and try to get people to cool down

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
A good leader would break it up and cool heads. Not throw punches and add fuel to the fire. And from what i read my take is dlo didnt start the fight, but pissed off Georgiev with words who then started the kerfluffle.

it takes two to tango. Georbiev shouldnt be exonerated either. But dlo should never said shit to a teammate. He is in the dead wrong about that.

i just picked two very powerfuland popular people who are at odds with each other. Its an example. Plus all the people who are cheering Kreider’s “leadership” are those who hate politics. So it is also showing how hypocritical they are bc if the political ideoligies were the other way around, they wouldnt be cheering it. U can use whoever u want though. The point still stands.

leaders dont punch teammates and add fuel to the fire. They break up the fight and try to get people to cool down

Okay, Tony. Whatever you say.

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018

This situation isn’t just this one incident.

Reactions: The Sweetness

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I hope he gets traded.

but i still want him traded

What a ridiculous post. First of all he has been pretty solid all year. Obviously now he is being depended on defensively and On the PK which he has done a real good At. Plus he is starting to score after being snakebitten in the beginning. I could understand fans worrying about the back end of the contract but Kreider is a physical freak sp I don’t see him breaking down anytime soon. As for the Tony D incident none of us knows what happened. We do know CK is even tempered and respected so if that did happen then Tony D must have said it did something that was way over the line

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
This situation isn’t just this one incident.

I understand that. And im not defending tony. He was clearly wrong. You don’t criticize teammates.

im just saying that if kreider did punch him he is wrong too.

kreider is not a good leader. We in fact dont have a leader it seems.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Chris Kreider has been a one man welcome wagon to the team for many of their younger players and prospects. He is the one that brought Prentiss on board and opens up his home during the summer time to other players to take advantage of his fitness and nutrition acumen. He speaks Russian and has provided a comfort zone to many of the Russian players on team. Whether he is a C or an A or not---he's an involved player both at and away from the rink. He also took a bit of a discount to stay with the team.

As well it's still unclear what happened the other night but as the team has parsed it---DeAngelo has been an ongoing problem this year and this 'kerfuffle' with Georgiev is just the latest thing. I can't imagine Henrik taking a lot of shit from someone after a loss either. Whatever Tony said was almost certainly inappropriate and best left unsaid.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I understand that. And im not defending tony. He was clearly wrong. You don’t criticize teammates.

kreider is not a good leader. We in fact dont have a leader it seems

This really makes no sense. Like others have said Kreider is universally liked and respected by his teammates so how does that make him a bad leader? If you are t a fan of his fine but at least be fair and don’t spout nonsense

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
This really makes no sense. Like others have said Kreider is universally liked and respected by his teammates so how does that make him a bad leader? If you are t a fan of his fine but at least be fair and don’t spout nonsense

i dont like “leaders” punching people. To me that is not leadership. To me a leader should always remain cool and be able to diffuse a situation without resorting to physical interaction.

but he didnt throw a punch apparently. So this is all moot.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017

The updated story is Georgiev punched Tony and K'Andre both broke it up and later reached out to Tony to see how he was doing. Captain Key

Reactions: Rongomania

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia

kreider is not a good leader. We in fact dont have a leader it seems.
Okay, I'll bite: Men are men and boys will be boys. Men punch each other and get into fights and afterwards stay friends. It happens. Men solve things physically. I'm a woman and I can understand this. Players DO occasionally get into it at practices and sometimes after games. Shyte happens.

As for TDA, I knew when Staal retired that it would mean Tony would struggle. He and Staal were a good pairing.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I hope he gets traded.

Sorry but punching assholes is always a positive not a negative.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I finally got around to watching CK’s postgame interview and damn was he pissed lol. Obviously we know something happened with TD but not all the details. But he reminded me of Torts in a way. I mean he gave more explanation than a pissed of Torts would but still was not sugarcoating anything and was brutally honest. “It looked like a lot of fun for them in the 3rd period”

Deleted member 23124

Okay, I'll bite: Men are men and boys will be boys. Men punch each other and get into fights and afterwards stay friends. It happens. Men solve things physically. I'm a woman and I can understand this. Players DO occasionally get into it at practices and sometimes after games. Shyte happens.

As for TDA, I knew when Staal retired that it would mean Tony would struggle. He and Staal were a good pairing.
When did Staal retire?

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
i dont like “leaders” punching people. To me that is not leadership. To me a leader should always remain cool and be able to diffuse a situation without resorting to physical interaction.

but he didnt throw a punch apparently. So this is all moot.

Brian Boyle was a solid leader and literally fought Dubinsky in practice

Leadership is the ability to reconcile your differences like an adult rather than build corrosive resentment

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Brian Boyle was a solid leader and literally fought Dubinsky in practice

Leadership is the ability to reconcile your differences like an adult rather than build corrosive resentment

that is a very good point. I still prefer my leaders to not punch. But being able to reconcile is definitely the key takeaway.

Reactions: Fitzy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad