Rumor: Chris Johnston: "Wouldn't shock me at all if the Leafs pulled the trigger on Luke Schenn."

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Sure, he can play over holl
Only thing is, are we sending them a coupon to a Denny’s breakfast? Because we got no picks

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yea but what? They have no picks and the prospects of interest obviously aren’t being moved for Schenn. I don’t see a fit here really.

I mean I've been driving the Luke Schenn bus for months but at the same time let's be serious here It's Luke Schenn.

You aren't getting a future 1st round pick or a teams top prospects.

It's not 2012 he's not that dude anymore and honestly he never was that dude but he had huge trade value.

Now he's a depth piece he doesn't have that trade value anymore.

If the Leafs want to do It's doable

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
How on earth is Luke Schenn seemingly one of the biggest names around?! I didn't even realise this guy was still a top-6 defenceman in the NHL.
He was good enough to win a cup in Tampa’s top six. He’s actually exactly what the Leafs need.

Reactions: horner

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I mean I've been driving the Luke Schenn bus for months but at the same time let's be serious here It's Luke Schenn.

You aren't getting a future 1st round pick or a teams top prospects.

It's not 2012 he's not that dude anymore and honestly he never was that dude but he had huge trade value.

Now he's a depth piece he doesn't have that trade value anymore.

If the Leafs want to do It's doable
Nobody is saying he’s worth a 1st or top prospect but the Leafs have no 2nd/3rds to trade in the next 2 drafts and Vancouver is likely to want defensive prospects if they aren’t getting a pick. So again, what can the Leafs even offer?

Reactions: Cogburn

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Seems strange thing for CJ of all people to suggest.

There seems a big gap between what the Nucks want for him + how other teams like the leafs would use him.

He was good enough to win a cup in Tampa’s top six. He’s actually exactly what the Leafs need.

He also wasn't dressed every game. If the Cannucks were willing to sell him as a 6-7 D man there'd potentially be interest from the Leafs. If they want a top 4 type return for him, it's not happening

Reactions: Voight and Dreakmur

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Guess he's had a bit of a career resurgence. Felt like he was almost out of the league at one point a few years back. That or my memory is very faulty, which is distinctly possible.

• Wow
Reactions: H3ckt1k

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
No picks that should entice the Canucks.

I suppose there's a chance its for a prospect and a late pick.
Yeah, that might work. or whatever, or maybe nothing that entices the Canucks as you say, and he will get traded to another team.

They have the amazing Knies. the most over hyped prospect Of all time.
They have a very good prospect in Knies, but it would be a bigger deal than for Schenn.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I mean...maybe Minten+this year's 3rd? I don't really care for Minten, but I like him better then Steeves. Otherwise Leafs futures are just not standing out as anything we want or need.

Edit: I didn't realise that the pick may not be Toronto's property either. Arizona has a choice of this year's 3rd or a 2025 second. Woof.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I mean...maybe Minten+this year's 3rd? I don't really care for Minten, but I like him better then Steeves. Otherwise Leafs futures are just not standing out as anything we want or need.

Edit: I didn't realise that the pick may not be Toronto's property either. Arizona has a choice of this year's 3rd or a 2025 second. Woof.

There is no way Minten goes for Luke Schenn.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
He would be the number 6, fairly nothing berger move. I doubt he'd cost more than like a 4th round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad