Speculation: Chris Driedger ('s future)

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Maybe I'm the only person who understands that Ek is out, a person who was on the ice for over a period game.

I'm going to ignore the harsh words than fake news spewing from some people's mouths, because I've learned if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

For anyone who wants to participate (and the sooner you answer the better) I have a serious question:
How many more games do es Judge play as a Panther, Over/Under 6.5?

*EDIT*
I'm saying under. I'm factoring in 14 more games of the regular season, possible injury, Bob getting all of the playoff time, and the trade deadline that is less than 15 hours away.

I understand, but as a GM, you gotta give your team a chance, especially when they were contending for the division most of the season. He's gotta reward his players here. I dont think Judge would fetch more than a 2nd, and if not then you hold onto him. We see what goalies are going for. GR touched on it too.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Depends I fully expect Q to ride the hotter goalie soon. Whoever gets going quickest is the answer.

I understand, but as a GM, you gotta give your team a chance, especially when they were contending for the division most of the season. He's gotta reward his players here. I dont think Judge would fetch more than a 2nd, and if not then you hold onto him. We see what goalies are going for. GR touched on it too.

I understand, but as a GM, sometimes you can't just let your assets walk out the door for nothing, especially if people are going to pay top dollar for them. Also unexpectedly your second best player brakes his leg 2 weeks before the deadline and is out for the season.
Sometimes it's a good idea to just cut your losses.

Don't forget guys, even if Judge isn't traded, over/under?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I understand, but as a GM, sometimes you can't just let your assets walk out the door for nothing, especially if people are going to pay top dollar for them. Also unexpectedly your second best player brakes his leg 2 weeks before the deadline and is out for the season.

IF people are gonna pay top dollar for them.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

You're evaluating Judge solely based on him being a backup while others, myself included, see Bob crapping the bed again a real possibility and Judge stepping in. I mean he's been the better and more consistent goaltender for a year now. It could definitely happen.

Reactions: harv33173

CursedCats

Mar 10, 2020
With these trades that are taking place around the deadline so far, I definitely don't think it's unreasonable that Judge will fetch the Panthers a second and a third.

That’s nice, I guess he’s not getting traded then.

CursedCats

Mar 10, 2020
I do.

Why let him walk for nothing as an UFA?
Bob is going to play in the postseason. Despite what goalie plays, this team is nowhere near a Stanley Cup Contender without Ek, so why not sell high and cash in now?

If Bob sucks in the postseason which is entirely possible, they wouldn’t go back to Bob the next game. Driedger is likely to get some big games moving forward.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
14 games left: 6 in regular season, and expectation of two in playoffs so over.
It will be interesting if Bob struggles in the playoffs, and Judge does well but the Panthers still lose their opening Series. Zito will probably still let him walk for nothing, which would be a huge loss in my opinion.

radkison

May 14, 2011
Mississippi
It will be interesting if Bob struggles in the playoffs, and Judge does well but the Panthers still lose their opening Series. Zito will probably still let him walk for nothing, which would be a huge loss in my opinion.
I don't really see a scenario where he stays

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007

It does not make any sense to trade him, we are in the bussiness of getting the Stanley Cup, you go through the process of many months and injuries of getting said cup, and when you are really close to get there, then you decide to trade your better goalie, how is that a smart move?

Change my mind!!

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
It does not make any sense to trade him, we are in the bussiness of getting the Stanley Cup, you go through the process of many months and injuries of getting said cup, and when you are really close to get there, then you decide to trade your better goalie, how is that a smart move?

Change my mind!!
Last chance to move him was at the TDL. He is UFA after the season is over.

radkison

May 14, 2011
Mississippi
Resign him and give him a shot at being the starter next year?

is Knight due for a season in the ahl? Does he make the pro roster day 1 next season?

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
Resign him and give him a shot at being the starter next year?

is Knight due for a season in the ahl? Does he make the pro roster day 1 next season?
I think with the obvious writing on the wall with Knight CD knows it’s best to test free agency. He doesn’t really have a future here.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
That being said, is his career with the Panthers over?
57keac.jpg

(probably like one poster is going to understand this meme lmao)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad