Chris Bourque our 3rd line left wing?

PatriceBergeronrules

Mar 12, 2010
He deserves a look as one of the point men on the power play. That may turn out to be his most valuable asset to the team and give him the upper hand on Caron. I was impressed with his play from that position in the game I caught. Plus it was awesome seeing another Bourque setting things up from the blue line.

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I like the out of the box idea with Paille getting bumped up....Bring up MacDermid for the 12th forward spot. If Paille doesn't work out up there, then call Bourque or Caron up.

Caron concerns me, but only if he's not producing because of his effort. I haven't seen him, so no idea. Bourque would be cool on the 3rd line, but he may not be able to cut it since he hasn't been able to even hold down a 4th line spot at this point.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
If we have a season, anyone hoping to get a spot will have to earn Julien's trust and damn fast. With only 40 to 50 games, no way there will be many unknown (unproven to him) guys suiting up. Too much at stake in shortened compressed schedule . He'll go with who he knows more now than ever.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He's been healthy this season. I'm more worried about Jared knights propensity for injuring himself then I am sauve at this point. Sprained ankle, concussion, hamstring "pull" all within the last 8 months

Knight is ready to go and is scheduled to play next week

The concussion he got hit from behind by a 15 or 16 year old who ran him over- dumbass hit and as much as not getting hitting properly (didnt see it but my bud did and said he should have been out a loooooot longer it was that bad- irresponsible hit from behind)

The ankle was in a fight that the Windsor kid came off the bench and jumped in- Knight took him down but it was Rychel's kid and he is pretty big

the one that concerns me is the hamstring- BUT according to the Bruins person I know, Knight will be under Bruins control with training and not left to work out like he is training for Mr Universe/UFC and play hockey at the same time.

He tried coming back twice to early and they shut him down and had to wait for the quads to 'do its thang'

Waiting was the issue when your quads are that freaking big and your hamstrings have to deal with them- I think you'll see Jared doing more stretching, yoga, and skill related stuff- he is still strong as a bull and can do all the military style stuff but I'm going to guess and think the Bruins will monitor him especially

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'd go with Spooner personally. Kid has a lot of talent/potential.

I love Spooner but think he may need those 100 AHL games and another monitored offseason. Great family, great skills- great friends....he has no reason not to make it. Just needs maturity and experience but certainly its all there- reminds me of alot of my friends growing up, my kid and her friends. He's still not even legal to drink in the US but at 22-23 he could be a monster especially on the PP where he is a combo Samsonov/Savard to me

Richard Murray

Jun 25, 2007
Boston, MA
He is going to have a solid 30 AHL games by the time the NHL season rolls around, provided there is a season. If season cancelled he's at 80 games plus any playoff games they play. He will be ready. Might get babied a bit by Claude, but I expect him to compete for that roster spot in camp. I'd personally go with him over Bourque/Knight

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I like the out of the box idea with Paille getting bumped up....Bring up MacDermid for the 12th forward spot. If Paille doesn't work out up there, then call Bourque or Caron up.

Caron concerns me, but only if he's not producing because of his effort. I haven't seen him, so no idea. Bourque would be cool on the 3rd line, but he may not be able to cut it since he hasn't been able to even hold down a 4th line spot at this point.

I don't like it. Paille is a 4th liner and I feel like Caron has a much better chance to produce offense. I love Paille but I feel like he's a 3rd liner on a bad team rather than on a contender.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I don't like it. Paille is a 4th liner and I feel like Caron has a much better chance to produce offense. I love Paille but I feel like he's a 3rd liner on a bad team rather than on a contender.
I agree,Paille has a skill set perfect for the 4th line plus he will get a lot of ice time killing penalties.I am not totally sold on Caron yet but for the time being he seems like the best bet for the 3rd line.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I agree,Paille has a skill set perfect for the 4th line plus he will get a lot of ice time killing penalties.I am not totally sold on Caron yet but for the time being he seems like the best bet for the 3rd line.

Paille has scored 20 in this league. He has scored 10 and 9 goals playing with the 4th line.

BruinsCupNow

Mar 9, 2002
Toronto.
Visit site
If there is a season, the compressed timeline for training camp will wipe out the chance for most of the kids to compete for a forward spot.

I think there are only 3 realistic scenarios to start the season:

(1) Caron on the 3rd line. Bourque as extra F
(2) Bourque on the 3rd line, Caron as extra F
(3) Paille on 3rd line, MacDermid on the 4th line, one of Caron or Bourque as the extra F.

Spooner, Koko, Knight, Sauve -- those guys will have to wait for injuries or next season.

--BCN

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Paille has scored 20 in this league. He has scored 10 and 9 goals playing with the 4th line.

He scored 19 goals and that was five years ago. I want a third line that has the potential to score and I don't think that's him. He's fine on the third when there are injuries but that's about it IMO.

member 96824

He scored 19 goals and that was five years ago. I want a third line that has the potential to score and I don't think that's him. He's fine on the third when there are injuries but that's about it IMO.

Unfortunately none of the available options are feasible for what you're asking. I still wish we would have addressed the third line issue in FA.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Unfortunately none of the available options are feasible for what you're asking. I still wish we would have addressed the third line issue in FA.

Mathieu Darche is still out there don't worry. He fills our need of a former Hab who is a terrible player yet for some reason gets a contract with the Bruins.

Gordon Lightfoot

Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009

That's fair. I still would put Caron on there instead of Paille.

member 96824

Mathieu Darche is still out there don't worry. He fills our need of a former Hab who is a terrible player yet for some reason gets a contract with the Bruins.

That's very true. I have my fingers crossed for a Gomez amnesty as well.

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
I've seen a good amount of the Providence games this year, and Caron just looks like he doesn't care, or he's just not all with it. Whatever it is, it doesn't look good. The kid is bigger and stronger by an easy eye test when they're all on the ice, but again, see above.

That said, Bourque has looked decent, but he could very well be another floater, getting the call up, but doing nothing "up there" to justify keeping him.

What do i think will happen? Caron starts on the 3rd line, with Bourque jumping in if Caron stinks.

Somewhat bold prediction? One of the young guns ends up impressing and playing well not just in prov, but when he gets called up. Who does that, is to be seen.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
If we have a season, anyone hoping to get a spot will have to earn Julien's trust and damn fast. With only 40 to 50 games, no way there will be many unknown (unproven to him) guys suiting up. Too much at stake in shortened compressed schedule . He'll go with who he knows more now than ever.

From reading about Providence it seems that the B's management, including Coach Julien, have seen a lot of the P-Bruins games/practices, with no action happening in the NHL.

Coach J. might have a pretty good sense of the Providence guys at this point.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

I admit he has stone hands but Paille generates the most breakaways of any Bruins player (might not score on them) hands down in small minutes. THe guy knows where to be. If you pair him with Kelly they WILL be dominant defensively. And with all that speed you might get more offense than you think since they'll have someone skilled next to them in Peverley (or Horton and possibly Marchand at some point should he ever leave Bergys line.) Kelly and Paille probably have 1000 NHL games under their belts combined (a ton for guys with speed to spare) I think they would be excellent linemates. So it seems extremely silly and closed minded to definitively not want to give Kelly and Paille chance to play together...since the only arguement against Paille is that his stone hands cost him 5+ goals a year. But he gets TONS of chances.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
From reading about Providence it seems that the B's management, including Coach Julien, have seen a lot of the P-Bruins games/practices, with no action happening in the NHL.

Coach J. might have a pretty good sense of the Providence guys at this point.

As usual good point by you. If Caron is indeed slacking, or going through the motions, he will be held accountable by Claude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad