Rumor: Choose your coach from the final four (six?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksilver*

Sep 19, 2015
Im just hoping the new coach manages beauchmins minutes better and doesnt throw mcleod out down a goal in the last few minutes of a games.

And obviously better strategies all over lol

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
I have seen people (biased people, admittedly) vehementally say that the Avs would be idiots to not pick Bednar then others if they don't pick Dineen.

Last edited:

detrude

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻
Apr 23, 2007
What kind of coach is Dineen though? What he did with the Panthers appears... familiar. He took a team that was going nowhere and made a division champ out of them but lost in the first round in 7 games....then had a bad 2nd year and missed the playoffs...then had a worse 3rd year and got fired.

Hmm...I've seen this before.

Last thing we need is a motivator type of coach. I'm not saying he's one (I don't know) but I hope we're not going this route again.

I don't know his exact style, but from what I remember they were a pretty good possession team. They just had no talent and very little direction in terms of team building at the time. If you look at Deboer before him, he didn't have much success either. Winning gold as the CWNT HC was good, and winning a Cup alongside Q is also a plus. I still prefer Lambert and Bednar, but I think Dineen would be good as well.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
This one from dater is more interesting...

I don't have a problem with Dineen, just got all psyched for Bendar.

It is somewhat hilarious that the coach we mutually parted ways with is now the guy who's coaching tree we are relying on to re-ignite the Avs.

Lol this totally reeks of dater only talking to ONE person and having that guy give him his opinion. (not necessarily connected to the Avs organization)

It could be Dineen but I still think it's going to end up being Bednar.

Agreed. Sounds like he talked to one guy and said "yep, i'll run with this."

Outside of no NHL HC experience, Bednar fits too damn well not to be the guy. Too many connections.

Could we get rid of that woot-woot thing after they score?

And maybe offer a proper beer on tap in more than two places in the arena? Every third section sounds about right to me. :D

Naw, they need to change it to "woot woot, pull over that goal too fat." :)

Still hope it's Bednar but I'm warming up to Dineen. Here's an interesting article on Dineen's experience winning the gold medal with the Canada woman's team.

One of the first moves he made was to replace the team captain. Would Landeskog lose the "C" if Dineen gets the job?

I doubt he would do so to Landeskog. He has everything you love in a captain. He's scrappy in a similar manner to Dineen as a player.

Think about it, the reason Church resigned was supposedly due to not believing he could win gold, obviously the team needed a bit of a shake up. Dineen did so.

We're getting a new coach today, I can feel it.

dm9p9s.jpg

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It is Dreger, but I'll venture to say he is right. It will be exciting to see how he transitions to the NHL.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
If this is true then yeaaaaahhh boooooy! Bednar and Pratt reunited at the NHL level!

That will probably mean the end of Farrish. I'd imagine Bednar would want to use his own defensive coach.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Dreger wouldn't just say this. He speculates about trades that "could" happen and crap like that but he wouldn't list one name just like that.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I like it and I'm excited for this season.

MacFarland clearly has a lot of influence on what's going on. Lets just hope he knows what he's doing. :laugh:

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

HELL YES!!!!!!

The Avs did not let me down. Would have been fine with Dineen or Lambert too. Wanted Bednar badly though.

Lemieux22

Jul 30, 2005
I love how Chicago's power play looked under Dineen. It's also impressive that he took a Florida team led by Stephen Weiss and Tomas Fleischmann to the playoffs...but here's hoping it's Bednar.

I was really excited about the Nolan Pratt hire and with Bednar I have the same reasons to be excited. I watched a few games of the Calder Cup playoffs out of boredom, but loved how the Monsters played under them, especially how good Zach Werenski looked. Yes, Werenski is a stud in the making, but the team's style just seemed so fitting for modern players.

Funny fact I noticed about Bednar - when he was coaching Peoria, you'll never guess who was one of his top point producers....the immortal TJ Hensick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln