Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
taunting canadian said:
Well, he was apparently flat wrong about Russia being a better team. From what I saw tonight, it looked like Team Russia pretty much sucks. I guess that's to be expected from a team with "leaders" like Ovechkin and Malkin. Furthermore, as was apparent tonight, poor Ovechkin was clearly deluding himself if he thought that Russia had a hope against Canada.

how can he be wrong? He played for the team 2 years ago...and this years team....he probably has a good idea on which team was better, seeing how he played on both

as for deluding himself, what do you expect...him to say they have no chance?

taunting canadian

Jan 3, 2005
Slick Nick said:
Any of you brilliant fans might have thaught that Dynamo GM, George McPhee and Ovechkin's agent said; No, no boy.. no more hockey.

Of course not... cuz none of you is brilliant! :innocent:

At least I realized well before the game that this contest was no contest. :)

taunting canadian

Jan 3, 2005
Slick Nick said:
Canadian fans once again proved themselves as the worst fans in the world. Sore winners, booing players even when they have the gold around the neck, sour losers, remember 2002, when Canada lost to Russia all the fans were saying that Russians were doped because they had acne...Always the same stupid comments.

You make me sick!

PS: sorry for all the normal people.

Geez, I thought we all learned a couple days ago that taunting people when you've just finished beating them is good sportsmanship? Wasn't that what we were all told?
:dunno:

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
taunting canadian said:
Man, you're a whiny loser. First, did you watch the game? The penalty clearly occured after the goal was scored. Secondly, it's obvious that Russians are all dirty players. They can't match up physically, so you saw them resort to all the stickwork. I counted about 2 slashes, a trip, and a crosscheck on Dawes right before and after that goal.

Anyways, just be thankful that Team Canada let up at the end of game and didn't pour in any garbage goals. It could easily have been 10 or 11-1.

I didn't say it was not deserved, I was asking about it... In the NHL this would not have been a penalty, I don't care... Russians got humilated, I'm not trying to say they were not or the penalties were undiserved... I was asking... on an EDITED post.. simply asking

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This was supposed to happen. No one was going to touch Canada this year.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
taunting canadian said:
Geez, I thought we all learned a couple days ago that taunting people when you've just finished beating them is good sportsmanship? Wasn't that what we were all told?
:dunno:

ha! You make it sound like you were in the game......

gr8haluschak

Jul 25, 2004
Jason MacIsaac said:
The Russians were facing an allstar team, last I checked hockey was a team sport. Ovechkin is only one person on that team. He tried his hardest took a beating. I don't think he failed, it just wasn't in the books for him or Russia. Why isn't there threads about Malkin, Olesz or Tukonen failing. Why should Ovechkin have to carry Russia on his back for a full tournement. I think you are being unfair.

I don't know if this comment has been throw out yet since I don't want read through all of them with that being said

Ovechkin suffered what we call LOSERS CRAMP, he felt a little sore in the shoulder and decided to milk it for what it was worth - you know why because he talked all this smack about how, just like in Halifax they were the underdog and they won proving they were the best blah blah blah and they are going to do it again but he _____ the bed and did nothing to back it up.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
taunting canadian said:
Ah, that explains it! Taunting is fine as long as you're an actual participant. Thanks for explaining it...

I dont really care about taunting.....and for the record I was born and raised in the states....but I was just laughing at you because you made it sound like you dressed for the game tonight

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
gr8haluschak said:
I don't know if this comment has been throw out yet since I don't want read through all of them with that being said

Ovechkin suffered what we call LOSERS CRAMP, he felt a little sore in the shoulder and decided to milk it for what it was worth - you know why because he talked all this smack about how, just like in Halifax they were the underdog and they won proving they were the best blah blah blah and they are going to do it again but he _____ the bed and did nothing to back it up.

What an idiot......like you have any idea what really was wrong

I'm willing to bet you know all to well about losers cramp

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
If he returns home and is back in uniform for his Russian league team right away, than you can call Ovechkin alot of things!

That said, I still don't see how he choked, choking is the art of caughing up what is thought to be already yours. This title was never going to Russia, no matter what Ovechkin did.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
2forsbergaura1 said:
you guys are just HILARIOUS! when kovalchuk was a teenager, he had exactly the same things happen. he was arrogant a lot. he "choked" a few times. now he is a mature player who doesnt fear any physical play. you guys need to give people a break and stop obessing so much :lol
So is that why he's riding the bench in Russia this year?

taunting canadian

Jan 3, 2005
Mothra said:
I dont really care about taunting.....and for the record I was born and raised in the states....but I was just laughing at you because you made it sound like you dressed for the game tonight

Aren't you the clever one! For the record, I apologize for using the impersonal "you" of common usage instead of the more grammatically correct "one". I'm sure most readers would understand the intent. :)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Jacobv2 said:
Yeah, you've mentioned that about 3 times. What difference does it make?

Are you implying Malkin is at fault for the 3 goals?

They kind of ignored you on that comment, didn't they?

First of all plus/minus is one of the most misleading and stupidest stats in sports, surpassed only by the NFL's 'when such and such a RB gains 100 yds or more Team 'X' is 47 and 3 (ignoring the fact that Team X is probably running out the game when said RB is gaining 100 plus yds).

Malkin actually had a fairly good game from what I have heard and a pretty amazing tournement. Especially as Russia's youngest player, and with a full year of development less than AO makes me very very happy with where he is.

AO supporters should be just as happy. Overall the two of them had not nearly enough around them, were lucky to roll out two lines of any quality, and still got the silver.

Bottom line, if a GM could pluck any three players from the tournement they would be Crosby, AO and Malkin. The performances of all three this tournement did nothing to change that.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
gr8haluschak said:

Yes, that was his theory. Create himself as the underdog so he can rub it in even more had his team won. You are reading far too much into this.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Mountain Dude said:
Anyways, it wasn't a choke, he was just overated, once he came up against a good team, he just got absolutely dominated.

Holy crap... you couldn't be more wrong. This wasn't a good team... it was a legendary team. Ovechkin was not dominated. He showed a lot of jam. But he was facing a team that, as far as I'm concerned, is a historical lineup.

From the coach to the very worse player, this team Canada was awesome the whole tournament. No single player was going to go through them and as far as I'm concerned, Ovechkin gave it a good shot.

Give credit to excellent coaching, forwards who backchecked and a defense that is pretty much the closest thing you can have to a ****ing concrete wall at such a junior event. There were often three players on Ovechkin. Really, really, really HIGH END players.

Russia had a poor plan going in this game, I didn't like their lines and really, as a whole their roster doesn't compare to Canada. The top was just as good but the bottom was not there. Canada was just a much deeper lineup with a coach that knows his ****.

The better team won.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Jacobv2 said:
Yeah, you've mentioned that about 3 times. What difference does it make?

Are you implying Malkin is at fault for the 3 goals?

I stepped out.

No, not at all. I have no idea who was at fault.

Malkin impressed the hell out of me this tournament. I was just injecting a breadth of perspective on the whole "Ovechkin choked" non-debate.

I'm still waiting for someone to downplay the fact that Crosby was arguably the 3rd-4th best forward on Canada's "legendary team" in a WJC that could very well be his last.

I'd consider Malkin over wunderkind Sidney at this point. I can't say enough about Evgeni.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
EroCaps said:
I stepped out.

No, not at all. I have no idea who was at fault.

Malkin impressed the hell out of me this tournament. I was just injecting a breadth of perspective on the whole "Ovechkin choked" non-debate.

I'm still waiting for someone to downplay the fact that Crosby was arguably the 3rd-4th best forward on Canada's "legendary team" in a WJC that could very well be his last.

I'd consider Malkin over wunderkind Sidney at this point. I can't say enough about Evgeni.
Give Crosby the type of ice time Malkin and Ovechkin had then come back and say you would rather Malkin. Canada so good they had to spread out the ice time.

Brent Burns Beard