Prospect Info: CHL Playoffs: Road to Memorial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Agree about the AHL. Disagree about the OHL. Hunter plays him almost 30 minutes a game. He is playing around with the OHL. Next step is Laval.
Hard disagree. I want to see him obliterate the scoresheet in the OHL first. He doesn't even have 100 OHL games. He needs development time away from pros. I think he's good enough go through the Guhle path of development and avoid the AHL altogether but more opportunity, more minutes, and more time with the puck is what he needs most imo

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Hard disagree. I want to see him obliterate the scoresheet in the OHL first. He doesn't even have 100 OHL games. He needs development time away from pros. I think he's good enough go through the Guhle path of development and avoid the AHL altogether but more opportunity, more minutes, and more time with the puck is what he needs most imo

He’s too big/strong (physically) for the OHL, he’s 6’3 210lbs.

In the AHL against men where he can’t just overpower attackers and 1-2 years not worrying about the scoresheet but learning to defend.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
He’s too big/strong (physically) for the OHL, he’s 6’3 210lbs.

In the AHL against men where he can’t just overpower attackers and 1-2 years not worrying about the scoresheet but learning to defend.
He needs to learn the fundamentals of elite defensive play first. He has a better chance to do that in the OHL. When Guhle left the whl, the kid was an absolute shutdown monster. I just think mailloux has a better chance of developing those defensive instincts against lesser competition FOR NOW before making the jump

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
1-0 Peterborough after 2.

Petes are playing a really physical game. It seems every London forward is getting punished physically, and they're struggling because of it. Peterborough has been the better team.

Still It's only 1-0.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Why are people hung up on Mailloux (and Hutson) being not great at defense as a 20 y.o? I may remind you guys that Doughty, Hedman, etc. were absolutely trash in the d-zone coming into the league. I can name maybe 5 guys in the league right now who have the combo of strength, skill and skating that Mailloux has. That will play no matter what.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If he doesn’t get drafted I hope we try to sign him to an AHL contract, always clutch in the big games, same with Hamilton last year.

It should be noted that when he didn't get drafted in 2021, Montreal invited him to their rookie camp. He was at Toronto's camp in 2022.

74 others

Jul 3, 2015
Montreal
Mailloux eats a lot of minutes, he is noticeable on the ice but he doesn't create much. I will have to lower my expectations.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That 2 game suspension for Beck...is that solely OHL related or CHL related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad