Post-Game Talk: Chili Bowls @ CheeseSteaks 7:37PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
I don't think CBJ makes it. I think the top 7 is pretty much set, though the order may change.

That leaves Philly, Florida, CBJ and Buffalo competing for the last spot. Out of all those I like Florida, especially since they are doing that with Bobrovsky playing like garbage. He can't get any worse surely. If he picks it up even a little bit, Florida is looking good.

Buffalo and Philly are reverting to type. I don't think they have the pieces to be able to consistently win (enough) games to make the playoffs. Florida look good and win two or three, then lose a couple. As you said, if they figure it out and allow less goals they could lock down that wildcard spot.
I think CBJ will be a bubble team. Torts has them fired up and motivated (which he seems to be really good at doing). And Elvis Merzlikins is very highly regarded and has really good numbers in the last several years (outside of the NHL):

Elvis Merzlikins - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Flyers are toast, it seems. One player got cancer, one migraine disorder and hasn't payed all season and now Ghost. And they're all important players for them. Some bad luck for sure.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I like both teams.
445B4743-DDD1-4808-AD48-3725E48AEA84.gif

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
First 28 with a dumb turnover that should of led to a goal and then 3 had to do one better. Awful.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Jensen is an idiot. Created a turnover out of nothing. Has some nice skills but hockey IQ is surely lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad