Post-Game Talk: Chili Bowls @ CheeseSteaks 7:37PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I'm actually shocked. I see that the Blue Jackets tied the Flyers with 50 points for the last wild card spot. I do NOT want to see Columbus in the first round.

Jun 15, 2007
I'm actually shocked. I see that the Blue Jackets tied the Flyers with 50 points for the last wild card spot. I do NOT want to see Columbus in the first round.

I don't think CBJ makes it. I think the top 7 is pretty much set, though the order may change.

That leaves Philly, Florida, CBJ and Buffalo competing for the last spot. Out of all those I like Florida, especially since they are doing that with Bobrovsky playing like garbage. He can't get any worse surely. If he picks it up even a little bit, Florida is looking good.

Reactions: tenken00

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Would rather have Sammy Davis or Ray Charles in net.

Maybe the OT win and the Sammy competition will yield a Holtbeast performance?

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Question:
NHL.com keeps showing Kempny on the third pair but I see him playing with Carlson in the last game. So where is he playing lately?

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I want to say Holtby has been stuck tied on the Caps franchise record for shutouts with Olie the Goalie for about a year now. It's been awhile.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Big test against a potential opponent in the opening round. Philly really have improved themselves and played us solid last game we played.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Exactly what BMac should be saying, he isn't going to stupidly throw Holtby under the bus or cite weak recent play. The GM expresses confidence in his #1 and praises #2's progress like a pro

this one gets it....all the things the coach should be saying today.

Reactions: Bananas

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Reactions: um

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe
Hard Times is better

If Trotz can start Gruby in the playoffs as a pending RFA and Holtby with 2 seasons left on his deal then Reirden can start Sammy with 5 years of control and Holtby a pending UFA.

Grubauer had a lot more experience than Samsanov has now, Holtby was losing games (not just struggling to stop shots), and the Caps remained vague about who they were starting all the way through to puck drop on Game 1. You publicly say Samsanov is on par with your starting goaltender (or has become your #1) when the guy has had fewer than 15 career NHL starts and you later switch back to Holtby because the rookie is struggling under the weight and you could really sour your relationship with Holts. You do or say anything at this point in the season that suggests you’re through with Holtby, or he’s not your #1, and you risk prematurely shutting the window if it turns out Samsanov’s still a couple of years off being able to handle a starter’s load while playing at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad