Chicago!

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
If you are going to complain about the refs on a main board thread talking about how good your team is, you are going to look very silly.

It was very bad. Horrendous officiating in that 2nd period that completely changed the complexion of the game when the Hawks had been playing so well. I could care less how it makes me look to those that didn’t watch and are just passing by to read the comments. I know what I saw, it’s just the truth. Over 82 games every team has at least one of these games where they get screwed. It’s just the way it is.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
News Flash: TB is the superior team. Pretty sure we knew that before this 3-game set and the last 40 minutes of this game put an exclamation mark on that.

It's no secret the Hawks haven't been a very good team the last 3-4 years, but they (finally) officially committed to a rebuild and so far through 26 games they seem to have found some young players who are playing better than expected. The fact TB is better is to be expected - the fact the Hawks are a lot closer to playing with them is unexpected and provides optimism for Hawks fans.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Recap:

Up 3-0, with all the momentum, the refs call a phantom ticky tack BS call on Hagel...and then sure as shit Palat scores 10 seconds into that undeserved PP.

Later when it was 3-3(after TB tied it using another PP goal from another questionable call, though this one was at least understandable) DeBrincat in alone on a breakaway gets taken down from behind...no call. Nothing. Play on.

Then Murphy, one of our best PKers, delivers a clean hit that gets called as a MATCH PENALTY...and gets ejected. And oh yeah, another 5 min PP. And poof! Just like that it’s 4-3 going into the 3rd.

well done zebras.

And u wonder why the Hawks players were upset??

Killed your own momentum by taking dumb penalties. You'd think a team this undisciplined would have a respecable PK but nope.

Reactions: The Macho King

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
How did it finish?

I still think this team comes back down to earth. They seem to only beat bad teams in regulation

They lost, so?

They were very close to taking 5 out of 6 points on the division leader, looks like they handleing their "tough" schedule fine

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
It was very bad. Horrendous officiating in that 2nd period that completely changed the complexion of the game when the Hawks had been playing so well. I could care less how it makes me look to those that didn’t watch and are just passing by to read the comments. I know what I saw, it’s just the truth. Over 82 games every team has at least one of these games where they get screwed. It’s just the way it is.
Penalties were even. And they gave Chicago a penalty on the major which made 2 full minutes 4 on 4.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
If you are going to complain about the refs on a main board thread talking about how good your team is, you are going to look very silly.

Since when did it become impossible for a team to be both good AND susceptible to poor officiating??

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Overall for the game they were even. But I’m talking specifically about the series of events in that 2nd period.
Penalties were 4-3 in the second. And 4-4 over 2 periods. So I still don't see how blaming the refs here is valid. Chicago didn't take a penalty the whole first period. While Tampa had 1.

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
Hawks went 1-1-1 against a team that was supposedly much much better. Anyone that says the refs didn’t favor Tampa Is not being serious. But all told the hawks did not play their best and lost. This Hawks team has still played well and has been able to keep pace with pretty much everybody they’ve played. I can understand why Tampa fans would want to establish a false sense of security for themselves after a gifted game like this... but the truth is come playoff time a team like the hawks once they’ve gotten players like Toews and Dach back they could very easily eliminate this lighting team. You can definitely feel that 2015 fear in some of these lighting fans posts.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
It's not about the refs favoring Tampa. They missed calls, big deal, the sell jobs looked legit in real time.

It's that the Cup Champs in mid-season in first place with games in hand are dumb enough to spend 3 games over the top embellishing every time they faced adversity. And not just one player either. Literally trying to draw fake calls every other shift when the chips were down. It's pathetic. And, it takes a while, but when a team has players or the whole team pulls those shenanigans on a consistent basis the refs to take note and those players/teams get a reputation. In the long run that only ****s your team over. It's happened to Detroit (the inverse), Vancouver, many individuals on various teams like Shaw or PK Subban or Ribiero.

I've seen a bit of Tampa hockey the past few years, dives/fakery/embellishment hasn't been their M.O.

Yet...

Just this last game as Tampa is down in goals or evens it up...3 calls: Point grabs and holds a stick then fakes like he's being hooked, Stamkos grabbed a stick on a breakaway pass and pretends he's gonna fall down from the contact he made, Coleman goes down in a battle and as the stick comes up he pretends it hits him in the face...then he goes showing his lips to ref looking for the cut from a stick that never touched him. Those were just the calls, the were trying all game long when down a goal.

The refs will see the video later on....

In due time, when their guys are going down after getting speared/mauled badly then get a BS call for embellishment or no calls so often the fans freak out? Go back to and watch the season. They're earning a rep with this **** guaranteed because the refs watch video too. Fool me once, okay, fool me twice, okay, embellish/fakery every time you go down a goal? Refs will swallow the whistles for those players/teams once the reputation is settled. It takes a while, but history shows it's happened to a number of teams & many players.

Not the hill you wanna die on when in first place mid season with games in hand. Save the soccer bull**** for important games and you'll get the benefit of the doubt.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Lost in 2015 to the Hawks. Have only won one cup with one of the most stacked rosters in the NHL. Seems like Tampa still has some work to do.

But good job taking a series against a team icing their 7th rookie this season, I guess.
Tampa has iced 4 this year. 3 of which were playing today.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
It's not about the refs favoring Tampa. They missed calls, big deal, the sell jobs looked legit in real time.

It's that the Cup Champs in mid-season in first place with games in hand are dumb enough to spend 3 games over the top embellishing every time they faced adversity. And not just one player either. Literally trying to draw fake calls every other shift when the chips were down. It's pathetic. And, it takes a while, but when a team has players or the whole team pulls those shenanigans on a consistent basis the refs to take note and those players/teams get a reputation. In the long run that only ****s your team over. It's happened to Detroit (the inverse), Vancouver, many individuals on various teams like Shaw or PK Subban or Ribiero.

I've seen a bit of Tampa hockey the past few years, dives/fakery/embellishment hasn't been their M.O.

Yet...

Just this last game as Tampa is down in goals or evens it up...3 calls: Point grabs and holds a stick then fakes like he's being hooked, Stamkos grabbed a stick on a breakaway pass and pretends he's gonna fall down from the contact he made, Coleman goes down in a battle and as the stick comes up he pretends it hits him in the face...then he goes showing his lips to ref looking for the cut from a stick that never touched him. Those were just the calls, the were trying all game long when down a goal.

The refs will see the video later on....

In due time, when their guys are going down after getting speared/mauled badly then get a BS call for embellishment or no calls so often the fans freak out? Go back to and watch the season. They're earning a rep with this **** guaranteed because the refs watch video too. Fool me once, okay, fool me twice, okay, embellish/fakery every time you go down a goal? Refs will swallow the whistles for those players/teams once the reputation is settled. It takes a while, but history shows it's happened to a number of teams & many players.

Not the hill you wanna die on when in first place mid season with games in hand. Save the soccer bull**** for important games and you'll get the benefit of the doubt.
This is a lot of typing that can be summed up with :cry:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad