Friedman: Chicago working on a Duncan Keith trade to a Pacific Northwest or Western Canada team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Ken Holland at his season ending availability spoke long and ramblingly about the need for "Greybeards".

I suppose Keith fits that mould, and Edmonton does have a need at LD with most reports having Klefbom done for the career, but at his age and with that contract I definitely wouldn't give up much in the way of value for Keith.

This is why Edmonton having capspace isn't necessarily a good thing, we're never guaranteed to use it intelligently.

It also doesn't make much sense for us pre-expansion since we're going 7-3-1 and the 3 being Nurse/Bear/Larsson, assuming he gets extended before the draft.
Neal with a sweetener for Keith?

Reactions: Mez

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Juolevi is gonna be 1 mil tops but also their not really at 6.2 in cap space because that includes Seabrook and Keith who have both said they are basically retired so thats an extra 10 mil plus Chicago doesn't have any big RFAs to sign this year

If they trade him to Seattle they don't have to take anything back contract wise.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I don’t see how this is a fit for Vancouver, Edmonton, or Calgary.

Only team that makes sense is Seattle as they have the cap-space to absorb that contract and would stand to pick up some nice sweeteners from Chicago.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
its not gonna be Eriksson plus? why the hell would Van want Keith and why would they tie up 5-6 million for another year for a has been.
Maybe if the Hawks add the 12 OA

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
Keith at $2.8m - $3.5m has some value. Edmonton need another experienced LHD if they are going to compete next year. They do also need some leadership to help take the pressure off McDavid. Keith still racks up 22+ minutes so health isn't an issue.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Ken Holland at his season ending availability spoke long and ramblingly about the need for "Greybeards".

I suppose Keith fits that mould, and Edmonton does have a need at LD with most reports having Klefbom done for the career, but at his age and with that contract I definitely wouldn't give up much in the way of value for Keith.

This is why Edmonton having capspace isn't necessarily a good thing, we're never guaranteed to use it intelligently.

It also doesn't make much sense for us 0re-expansion since we're going 7-3-1 and the 3 being Nurse/Bear/Larsson, assuming he gets extended before the draft.

James Neal for Keith. Keith's buyout is only 600k

Edit: wrong info.

Last edited:

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
its not gonna be Eriksson plus? why the hell would Van want Keith and why would they tie up 5-6 million for another year for a has been.
Maybe if the Hawks add the 12 OA

If you look at just 2021-22, I could understand the desire to replace Eriksson’s cap hit (and who cannot even make the roster) with adefenseman that could at least play on your bottom pair.

But Keith is signed for a whole extra year in 2022-23. He will be one year worse by then. That extra season makes absolutely no sense for them and invalidates the logic for a trade.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

you'll never need to buyout keith...he's still worth every penny of his aav, hes played on a shit team for 5 years now and has admitted difficulty staying focused at times, he'll be a huge asset for any playoff team

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
you'll never need to buyout keith...he's still worth every penny of his aav, hes played on a shit team for 5 years now and has admitted difficulty staying focused at times, he'll be a huge asset for any playoff team
Yeah, if it's the Oiler, he will play at least one year. I can see them buying him out next summer.

Maybe goes back to Chicago after that.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Slow your roll there. Buyout cost and cap hit are not synonymous

upload_2021-6-30_16-46-28.png

Reactions: bendoc55
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events