Friedman: Chicago working on a Duncan Keith trade to a Pacific Northwest or Western Canada team

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Maybe Edmonton to temporarily replace Klefbom and be a stopgap for 1-2 years while Broberg prepares for top 4 minutes?

I question if it’s a smart move though considering the mileage Keith has on him, and another LHD like Murray could be had for a smaller cap hit and not cost any assets

Probably only makes sense if Edmonton is sending back salary

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Seems pretty unlikely they are connected, more like he is a 38 year old defenseman looking to go closer to home to be able to spend more time with his son (Home is where the heart is for NHL player from Penticton - Penticton Western News) who is slightly more movable now that he only has 2 years left on his deal and they are exploring if a mutually agreed destination is available.
Yeah I agree. This kind of move seems fairly common for players who aren’t far from retirement.

I doubt they’re connected

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
At 50% Keith is probably pretty valuable to a team that’s close to competitive and needs a quality vet without breaking the bank. I imagine Chicago would retain to create the best return, considering it’s only 2 years.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Dude's pretty much done. Wouldn't surprise me if Edmonton traded for him, he didn't improve in any way and people ended up blaming McDavid/Draisaitl because the team still fails after they traded for a "proven winner".

Canucks fans should be happy that they're basically capped out.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
his cap hit is 5.5 but his real dollars are 2.1 this year and 1.5 next so it would save a team a ton of money in real cash so that is the real value of his deal. still a very good 4-5 just does not need to play 23 per night like he did in CHI. also at times he seemed not as engaged, but when he was he was good. he went thru a divorce and his son is up in that area now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad