Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Karlssons worst game in ages.

Wier was awful.

Kid line was great.

Put Bobby on the top unit, take Legwand off completely.

Put Ceci on 2nd PP minimum.

Have another play on our pp other than Kasson trying to set up a one-tee to Thrris/Zib.

Karlsson did make a few mistakes and getting beat by Versteeg was very poor.

Kid line was great, but Maclean appeared to bench them in the latter part of the game. Makes one wonder about his choices.

Legwand lacks intensity and needs to be stimulated in some way.

Yes, Ceci does deserve some PP time.

Phillips has regressed a bit.

The PP needs more speed and player movement as it is too static. It has been too static for a few years now. Time for some speed. Insert Hoffman, Lazar and Stone plus Ceci.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
First time this season, I feel Maclean's decisions cost us 2 points.

The call to match the Smith line and Cowen against Toews line after that face-off immediately lead to the third goal.

And the shootout choices...blech!

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
Power play is a joke. No movement to create gaps in the defense, Legwand with over 5 minutes, Stone stuck in the middle never seeing the puck and where his hands / board play are wasted. Yikes.

Cowen and Wiercioch just aren't good enough, but Gryba is really growing on me, playing much steadier and effective. Not a big Phillips fan but the guy is really bringing it this year.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Mika should be part of every shoutout. I think he's 2 for 3. Turris is a nobrainer as well

I'm not crazy about Chiasson being there. He scored a SH goal in preseason, maybe Coach Mac thinks he a good breakaway scorer. He's 0 for 2 now, he should not get another shootout opportunity unless we're up to shooter 7 th or 8th.

Turris
Zibby
Karlsson
Ryan
Hoffman
Stone
MM9
Chiasson
Macarthur and his 0 for 12 record...

sensfan25

Dec 1, 2010
Vancouver
Not blaming Andy, but I think with Lehner we win. Next up the Bruins who are missing Chara and Krug. Lehner will be starting hopefully we pull out a win.

Senateurs

Let's win it all
Feb 28, 2007
Mika made a great move to beat Brodeur last year.

Our best ever was Spezza but for at least 7-8 straight attempts he went for the top corner shot

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Loved the kid line tonight. Should have gotten more time out there. I guess PM does play more than one rookie on a line, eh Aragorn?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Not blaming Andy, but I think with Lehner we win. Next up the Bruins who are missing Chara and Krug. Lehner will be starting hopefully we pull out a win.

As someone already pointed out to you, just because Lehner may have stopped some of the ones Anderson let in, there's no guarantees that he makes some of the saves Anderson did make. He made some huge ones in the 2nd to keep us tied.

Saves aren't in a vacuum. Also, Lehner wasn't even dressed, so it's a moot point.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
As someone already pointed out to you, just because Lehner may have stopped some of the ones Anderson let in, there's no guarantees that he makes some of the saves Anderson did make. He made some huge ones in the 2nd to keep us tied.

Saves aren't in a vacuum. Also, Lehner wasn't even dressed, so it's a moot point.

No kidding.

Being there for the birth of your new baby >>>>> a hockey game

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Both of our goalies are going to have off games, and both are due for a bit of regression after playing lights out every game at the start of the year. Andy was off tonight, and Lehner will have an off game in the next while as well. It happens.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Bad coaching cost us the game. Not using lazars line on the PP was stupid as they were clearly flying and generating chances all night. Ceci getting no PP time is also a head scratcher. Maclean needs to figure it out

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
No more wrap around goals, please Andy.

We should have won the game, but I'll take a point. Be nice to wreck some ECHL goalie's **** once in a while I have to say.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Both Lehner and Anderson have OT/Shootout losses where they posted .897 save percentages.

That is each their worst games this year, we still got a point and still both losses were nowhere near their fault.

9 games in and we're 5-2-2...thats great!

YOW

Nov 17, 2013
oceanview cabin
Well, Hawks stole a point or two there, didn't deserve that game at all. Andy has been generous

Very happy with the way the Sens played tonight, could have score a dozen goals easily. I think Starling has been the Hawks best players and he gave up 4 goals. Really deserved to win this game but a SOL is basically a tie game.

You mean it's a freaking stupid argument?

And no, even without Andy, Sens wouldn't have picked #1, not even close... and I also doubt top-3. When will people get over that?

I mean nothing of the sort....I'm actually agreeing with the OP. I'm sorry if the way I worded it didn't convey that.
I think that Anderson since his Av's meltdown that year has exceeded expectations based on that swap. Although I'm happy with with his performance since then there is no doubt in my mind he has cost us more valuable picks.
and I'm ok with that....I'm just not convinced that the Sens saw it actually working out that way. It did and that is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad